magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magicjack issues with new IMac version 10.6.4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rapistanxxx
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Magicjack issues with new IMac version 10.6.4 Reply with quote

I'm not sure if you guys are seeing this but I can't get my new Imac to recongnize the magicjack. The other thing is that the blue light on the magicjack flashes for around 8 seconds and then goes off. Has anyone seen this? Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong here? I see some of you have gotten the mj to work with this version and I'm wondering if I'm missing something.
CO_Steve
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried using Disk Utilities to erase the drive labeled TigerJet. Name it PHONE. It will bring it onto the desktop where you can try to launch. I can't get it to work on my iMac/10.6.4 either, see my other thread.
rapistanxxx
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,
I can't see the tigerjet drive under disk utility. MJ support tried this and then disconnected with me when they couldn't get it to work.

Thanks,
Ron

CO_Steve wrote:
Have you tried using Disk Utilities to erase the drive labeled TigerJet. Name it PHONE. It will bring it onto the desktop where you can try to launch. I can't get it to work on my iMac/10.6.4 either, see my other thread.
CO_Steve
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I've been dropped a couple times as well. That seems even more hosed than mine. Do you have Disk Warrior? It can sometimes see things DU can't.
rapistanxxx
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,
I'm thinking there is an issue with the mj not getting power. I tried the same mj on my imac and it powers right up. i can see it using disk utility. The new computer just doesn't seem to have the power to run the mj. I'm not sure if there is an issue here. I've got to take it into Apple to see if there is something I'm missing. Thanks for your help on this.

Ron
rapistanxxx
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let anyone else seeing this issue. I took the Imac and the mj to the apple store and it looks like the new imac doesn't supply enough power for the mj to stay on. I bought a powered hub and this seems to have solved the issue.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rapistanxxx wrote:
Just to let anyone else seeing this issue. I took the Imac and the mj to the apple store and it looks like the new imac doesn't supply enough power for the mj to stay on. I bought a powered hub and this seems to have solved the issue.

Wow I guess that proves Mac's arent as "powerful" as PC's after all!!

Sorry I could not resist Smile

Joe Sica

P.S. I use a powered hub myself and always recommend them to MJ users, YES even PC users Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CO_Steve
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad it worked for you. I got my new powered hub in the mail yesterday and it made no improvement to my problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: