magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MagicJack ISP scam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markjc2002
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: MagicJack ISP scam Reply with quote

I tried several times to purchase the MJ + at the $34.95 special. My Credit card showed a pending charge.. the charge went away... no MJ+ was ever shipped to my house.
here is an excerpt of a chat with MJ

Ronda: Hello, how may I help you?
mark: I wanted to get the 34.95 offer for magic jack... I actually tried once but something went wrong... can I get the email sent to me again please?
Ronda: May I know what message you received?
mark: well.... I paid with a credit card.... I saw the pending order charge come up... it went away after a few days... but the unit was never shipped
Ronda: Please wait while I check that for you
mark: the offer said a credit card charge would go away with the free trial.. and only be charged after 30 days... I haven�t been charged... but I wanted the unit shipped to me to test out.... I wanted a unit in addition to my other magic jack... I have loaned that to my in-laws
Ronda: One moment please...
Ronda: May I know if you ahve MJ device please?
Ronda: may I know what email you have received the message?
mark: --------------------------.com
Ronda: Thanks
mark: and one to ------------------ .com
Ronda: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you.
mark: thanks
Ronda: You are most welcome
mark: the trouble might be... I dont want the other magic jack shut off
mark: I want a magic jack plus with a new number.. in addition to my current magic jack
Ronda: Okay
Ronda: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you.
mark: thanks
Ronda: You are welcome
Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.
You are now chatting with 'Blake'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554076921577X
Blake: Welcome to the higher level of support.This is BLAKE, and I will be assisting you on your concern today.
Blake: Please give me a few moments to read your previous conversation and be able to give you further assistance about it. Thank you.
mark: hey blake
Blake: Hello Mark, thanks for waiting
Blake: You are trying to purchase our MJ plus promo, right ?
Blake: PLease correct me if I'm wrong
mark: very correct... even tried once but no unit was shipped.... trouble might be... I want a new MJ+... in addition to my regular MJ unit
Blake: Thanks Mark
Blake: As I checked it here, there was an issue with your ISP or internet service provider but nothing to worry about as we are looking into this now
mark: I did hear that
Blake: Can I have your active email address where we can reached you at once we have the solution ?
mark: trouble is
mark: I am employed by my isp
mark: I work for ---------------
mark: we have no policy forbiding MJ
mark: I work in the high speed internet division
mark: in HSI tech support
Blake: I do understand you Mark, please give me a chance to take care the issue and I just want you to know that this issue is fixable

for MONTHS now been getting that same "load of BS"... i HONESTLY do work for an ISP, in the HSI tec support division.... this "your ISP has blocked the sale" crap is a load of BS!!!!!!!

i am about to bring this to the attention of the Federal Trade Commission

it is a flat out lie, what would happen if my ISP got wind of that slander????
I work for the THIRD largest telecom in the USA... how would MJ stand up to a court battle with that?

any body else been fed that load?
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, I feel for you but could you explain us why would somebody who has apparently a well paid job in the tech sector want to have the most miserable VOIP provider in the country with a track record of dishonesty? Be happy that they will not sell you the unit. Instead of filing complaints and lawsuits and whatever and possibly putting your job in jeopardy spend your time checking out other VOIP possibilities and go for the one which fits your needs.
Public_Domain
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau:

http://www.seflorida.bbb.org/
markjc2002
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: bbb is a joke Reply with quote

they (bbb) dont do anything about the complaints, they just are a collecting point for them. no teeth , no power... eunics

my MJ works great... BUT.. the best VOIP unit i will EVER have is my t-mobile@home unit.

trouble is... i am forced to keep my t-mobile cell... to keep T-mobile@home. T-mobile has killed the program... i am grand fathered in.

$10 a month aint that bad...but an ugly cell bill in addition...is no consolation
markjc2002
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: @ cell14 Reply with quote

as for my "great paying job"...

sadly.. the "tec" industry... is the new "construction" job of the past...

when i was a kid.. min wage was 2.15 hr... construction "gophers" made 3-4 times that.. framers.. 4-5.. bricklayers 5-7 times

fast forward... a few years ;o)

construction.... there are no more "gophers", framers make barley more than they did... decades ago... bricklayers..less than they did.... when gas was 25 CENTS a gallon!!!

CWA contracts are up REAL soon... we are looking at a 40-50% pay cut...or...nothing.... and all calls go offshore

need to pinch pennies soon... aint no blue skys ahead, might as well look for an umbrella... even a torn one
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: