magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

magicjack cannot connect to internet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starrjules
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: magicjack cannot connect to internet Reply with quote

I have purchased two magicjacks now - have 5 computers - can't get them running on any of them!! Upon plugging device in to USB, constantly receiving message "Magicjack cannot connect to the internet" followed by instant linking to their magicfix webpage. Once there, I try to download the updates, but they only install 1% max and then stall.

Windows firewall is turned off. I do not have any anti-virus or security systems running, to my knowledge. I am not tech saavy but the support people did go thru all of the security settings with me. Saw something in the blogs about adding magicfix to the trusted sites. They did have me add the magicjack and talk4free to my trusted site but not magicfix. Do you think this is the problem?

My primary computer is a Dell desktop that runs Windows XP and is wireless. I have spent well over 3 hours with tech chat to no avail. Does anyone know what the issue could be?
gary
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try connecting the computer directly to the modem i.e. eliminate the router.
Delta-9
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was getting the same thing until I added port 5060 to my firewall to allow the communication to go through.

Add port 5060 to your firewall and see if that helps.

Last edited by Delta-9 on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
booyah5
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What make/model router are you using? If could have restrictive outgoing rules. This would cause this error on all your network.
starrjules
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using a Linksys Wireless Broadband 2.4 GHz router.
Delta-9
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the "Using the firewall functions" on this tutorial...

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/hardware/reviews/2004/q4/linksys-wag-54g.html

If you have things enabled in here, you might want to check your log on the firewall. The firewall on the linksys router is probably blocking your outgoing authentication of the magicjack, like I said above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: