magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MagicJack Buy Back?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkettner
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: MagicJack Buy Back? Reply with quote

I've been having problems and issues concerning the call quality for my magicjack device. I stumbled upon www.magicjackbuyback.com which offers money in exchange for magicjack devices.

I'm curious to know if anyone here has heard of anyone trading in their device and getting a $50 visa gift card? I'm new to this forum and I've only had mj for several months,. but this site is looking very tempting.

What does everyone think?
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What does everyone think?

I think some people have too much time on their hands.

After going to the site and reading the blog, it doesn't appear as if there are an overwhelming number of takers. I'm not sure what a publicity stunt is going to prove, but, hey, it's a free country. I say, go for it.
Kif Kroker
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a little shady to me, probably some misleading advertising.

magicjackbuyback dot com wrote:

1. Mail Your MagicJack

* Fill Out The Shipping Form (click here)
* Mail Your MagicJack to:
address removed

2. Reply to Email

* We receive your MagicJack with complete Return/Rebate form
* We send you an email outlining offers and upgrade oppurtunities
* You select an offer (Sample Offers)

3. Receive Payment (Up to $50)
Picture

* We'll mail you either a check or pre-paid card with your earned amount

The parts in red seem to say that you might have to sign up for some other service to receive money back and that what you will get back is up to $50, so I question how many people will actually get $50 and what dollar amount the average person would get with this service. Seems a little unclear to me. Also there are no Sample Offers on the page the link takes you too. What are these offers? I have a nagging suspicion that these "Offers" will cost you more than $50, kinda like the netbook from AT&T wireless, you can get it for $199, which sounds like a good price, but you must also sign up for a 2 year wireless broadband plan for a minimum of $40/month. So the netbook with service actually costs you more than $1100. I have a feeling the magicjackbuyback program will work in some similar manner. Too little info for me to feel comfortable about it.

Kif
tloe
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the whois info on the site, in case anyone cares. It sounds like an interesting offer, but I'm kind of leery.

MagicJack BuyBack
PO Box 1096
Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54911
United States

Roberts, William [email protected]
I Know Youll Remember
830 Marquette St
Appleton, Wisconsin 54911
United States
(920) 595-0569
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: