magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magicjack and Vista Business

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gravelman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Magicjack and Vista Business Reply with quote

Hi all, I have been trying to get my magicjack to work for three weeks now with no success, I tried everything mentioned in the locked forum and then some like different ports and different phones, Like others I get to the window with the progress bars that says "starting please wait" and the it hangs there at about 3/4 of the way and sometimes freezes my computer. When I first got magicjack I got it to work for about three days and when I rebooted my computer the trouble started, I gave it to my son and it worked good on WIN XP. I reinstalled Vista Business two times with no results. I have a new computer with two gigs of memory and 80 gig hard drive, I have about 240 Kb's on the internet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

UPDATE: After trying to get get my magicjack to work for 30 days I have finally had success, the problem was I had zone alarm free installed on my computer. I disabled it many times and it must have been running in the background. The only problem I have now is no sound from my speakers but my calls are working on the phone so I can work on that latter. Thanks for all the advice.

Last edited by gravelman on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
AlaninKY
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The basic answer to most of that type of situation is that is a server error on magicJack end. That has been a common problem the
past few weeks.
You got to keep trying daily and the server on magicJack end should start
working.

Obviously since you have been unable to connect for 3 straight weeks however, there is more of a problem.

Laserjobs mentioned for some problems the following "Do you know what proxy server you are pointing to? Because they changed from a static IP to DNS you should be able to change the proxy server in your windows hosts file to one with the lowest ping time. That could possibly help.

For the record I am currently pointed to proxy1.nashville.talk4free.com"

MagicHack might have a better answer. You could go to Memberlist and send him a PM.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gravelman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. How do I find what proxy server I'm pointing to?
is there a list of proxy's that I can ping? I'm located in Wi if that matters. Thanks.
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday, November 11, 2007
Changing Proxy Servers on MagicJack

Now that magicJack has implemented a DNS entry for the proxy server address, it is possible to change the proxy server you use. This can be done in the by pointing the proxy address in the windows hosts file.

For Example:

If your magicJack is pointing to the following proxy:
proxy1.nashville.talk4free.com

and you want to change it to:
proxy1.newyork.talk4free.com

Ping proxy1.newyork.talk4free.com to get the IP address

Now just add the folowing entry to your windows hosts file
67.106.135.70 proxy1.nashville.talk4free.com

Note: magicJack has many proxy servers to choose using the following naming order:
proxy1.{city}.talk4free.com

Source of Information http://magicjackhacks.blogspot.com/

For more information go to Memberlist and send a PM to laserjobs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gravelman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I'm now pointed at Detroit as it had the lowest ping but I'm still having problems, there seems to be an issue with magicjack and my Vista installation si I gquess I will have to wait for their BIG update coming SOON.
anant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: How do I find proxy server my MJ pointing to. Reply with quote

I do not see a proxy server entry in my Windows host file. I see only one entry for local host. I am wondering which proxy server my MJ is pointing to. This is only for my educational purposes.
Thanks for any reply.
anant
MagicHack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: How do I find proxy server my MJ pointing to. Reply with quote

anant wrote:
I do not see a proxy server entry in my Windows host file. I see only one entry for local host. I am wondering which proxy server my MJ is pointing to. This is only for my educational purposes.
Thanks for any reply.
anant

You will not see a proxy entry written to the windows host file by default. Folks have suggested making changes to the hosts file to work around some of the server issues that MagicJack has been having recently.

There are a couple of ways you could determine what proxy you are using. The easiest would be to use Fiddler, and see what value is passed to you along with your provisioning information. Another technique would be to use WireShark, and simply watch your packets going across the wire.
anant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Magichack:

I just installed Fiddler - 2 . It looks like a complicated program. I have to figure out how to use it to find proxy information. Another topic: My internet is getting very slow. I checked the processes in the task manager. The cpu usage is very small. Do u think the Fiddler program help me to analyse what is clogging the IE and Firefox ?

thanks for ur reply in anticipation

anant
spamdex
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Magicjack and Vista Business Reply with quote

gravelman wrote:
Like others I get to the window with the progress bars that says "starting please wait" and the it hangs there at about 3/4 of the way and sometimes freezes my computer. .

FWIW, I had the exact same problem in Vista. I was using the free version of ZoneAlarm as an (additional) firewall.

Uninstalled free Zonelarm. Magicjack worked.

Installed free WebRoot Desktop Firewall, Magic Jack still worked. And I like Webroot better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: