magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magicfeatures Now Available For MJ PLUS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Magicfeatures Now Available For MJ PLUS Reply with quote

Magicfeatures Plugin [Release 2.08] is now available for download.

In response to numerous user requests, the release adds support for the new MJ PLUS (when used with a computer).

The Magicfeatures Plugin is free to try for up to 7 days. For more information, please see the "magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted" section of this forum.
V-Man
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Magicfeatures Now Available For MJ PLUS Reply with quote

redpepper wrote:
Magicfeatures Plugin [Release 2.08] is now available for download.

In response to numerous user requests, the release adds support for the new MJ PLUS (when used with a computer).

OUTSTANDING! I was wondering / hoping you guys would do that. Not that I need it right now but SOMEday, my original MJ will die and it will prolly get replaced with a MJ+.

Thanks for continuing to support your MagicFeatures software. One of the best $20 I ever spent.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We actually didn't think there was going to be any demand for using Magicfeatures with the MJ PLUS but we were definitely wrong. The other plugins are also being updated.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of this morning, the rest of the plugins including MagicSilence, MagicRingForever, MagicContacts and Skyjack now also support the MJ PLUS dongle and are available for download.
BrownBullhead
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ Newbie here. Can one attach the MJ+, "program" the dongle with the software tool "MagicFeatures", then return the dongle to router-only connection and still have all of the features provided by MagicFeatures?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownBullhead wrote:
MJ Newbie here. Can one attach the MJ+, "program" the dongle with the software tool "MagicFeatures", then return the dongle to router-only connection and still have all of the features provided by MagicFeatures?

Uhhhhh no...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing we can say is that a very large number of MJ PLUS dongle owners using the Magicfeatures Plugin.
black_icon
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear this amazing news... Very Happy Hope MJ will continue to upgrade their system to update more features in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LessImpressed
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: "Magic Features" Reply with quote

I'm one of those pissed-off long-time MJ users that found out call forwarding went away. I found out by upgrading to MJ+. Oh, CF won't be back in the forseeable future, and if/when it DOES come back, they're going to charge for it. I understand that if Obama loses the election, he has a very good shot at becoming the head of the MJ Customer Relations division.
My question is: Are you folks related in a business way to the Magic Jack family of companies? If not, I'll probably download your features software.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: "Magic Features" Reply with quote

LessImpressed wrote:

My question is: Are you folks related in a business way to the Magic Jack family of companies? If not, I'll probably download your features software.

They are not related to MJ in any shape and form, as a matter of fact their GV Jack application is MJ's nightmare.
LessImpressed
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Magic Jack in general Reply with quote

I don't know who you folks are if you're not connected with MJ. If you offer a working service, more power to you. I assume your software lives either in the SoftPhone program or the MJ+. I have no idea whether you charge for it or not.

What I do know is that MJ has violated a trust. My response has been:
1. Get a refund from Magic Jack for the year I bought for my Standard device and deactivate it. Took 3 days for it to credit to my card.
2. Move the pre-paid time and number back from the MJ+ I bought to replace the Standard back to the Standard. The number is a vanity and I extended for 5 years when they still had call forwarding. The move back took less than an hour of chat time.
3. Returned the MJ+ to Best Buy.
4. Bought a NetTalk Duo from WalMart. Cost $49.95 with a year of service.

Now I have a phone with call forwarding included on line 2 of my 2-line phone and the MJ on line 1 until it expires, or until I decide to move the number from MJ to NetTalk. I'm still saving money and Don't have to put up with MJ any more. If I lose the unused part of the ~$75.00 I spent on the 5-year upgrade, I've still saved over $1,500.00 over the 44 months I've used them.

I am interested in how your product works, though.
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the USA;
http://www.walmart.com/ip/NetTalk-Duo-VoIP-Telephone-Service/15689187

and in Canada the WiFi model;

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/nettalk-duo-wifi/10137025?trail=SRCH%3ANetTalk+Duo&fromPLP=true&ancestorID=alldept&searchString=NetTalk+Duo&startSearch=yes&fromSearchBox=true&addFacet=SRCH%3ANetTalk+Duo
formeat
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: "Magic Features" Reply with quote

LessImpressed wrote:
I understand that if Obama loses the election, he has a very good shot at becoming the head of the MJ Customer Relations division.

I just called Customer Relations and Mitt Romney answered. He said, "Corporations are people, my friend," and then started sobbing uncontrollably before he hung up.
LessImpressed
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: "Magic Features" Reply with quote

[quote="formeat"][quote="LessImpressed"]I understand that if Obama loses the election, he has a very good shot at becoming the head of the MJ Customer Relations division.[/quote]

I just called Customer Relations and Mitt Romney answered. He said, "Corporations are people, my friend," and then started sobbing uncontrollably before he hung up.[/quote]

Thanks. I needed that
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I just called Customer Relations and Mitt Romney answered. He said, "Corporations are people, my friend," and then started sobbing uncontrollably before he hung up.

Very Happy Twisted Evil

But hey, he answered!
LessImpressed
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Be careful what you wish for. Reply with quote

NetTalk DUO call forwarding works. But it rings the NetTalk phone seven times before it rings the target phone. They have one chance to get it right before I cancel NetTalk and wait for Google-phone's pricing statement. Their call forwarding works on the first ring. And there's no device involved at all.
mikeadams110
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LessImpressed. Nice meeting you and welcome as a fellow NetTalk user! Following is an easy way of achieving the instant Call-forwarding behavior you desire.

Simplest approach

If not needed for making any outbound calls while you have Call-fowarding in effect simply disconnect the NetTalk device so it's completely OFFLINE.

Under that condition, Call-forwarding (or voicemail if ENABLED) will instantly handle any inbound calls made to your NetTalk telephone number.

Alternate approach

Place the NetTalk device into Do-not-disturb mode (DND) by dialing *65 from your NT phone.

Doing so forces all inbound calls to get instantly diverted to your specified Call-forwarding target number. Just be certain to DISABLE the Voicemail feature beforehand to ensure they won't get diverted there instead!

When ready to discontinue Call-forwarding also remember to DISABLE DND mode by dialing *66 from your NT phone and ENABLE the Voicemail feature assuming you want it active again.

Mike Adams
[email protected]
dunebug
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Magicfeatures Fails To Work on New MJ+... Reply with quote

Just downloaded the Magicfeatures 7-day free trial to see if I can add the call forwarding that MagicJack does NOT have anymore... no luck. Did not work.

Once you install the Magicfeatures software, you click on the "orange telephone icon" in the taskbar (below right) to open. Next you go to the call forwarding area and enter your MJ number, MJ account password and the number you're forwarding to. The problem is that this action opens your MagicJack account page. Because the no-brains at MagicJack eliminated the call forwarding option the Magicfeatures software cannot change anything.

Hence... no luck.

And the email I received from the PCPhonesoft customer support basically said that the software may not work.

Then WHY does PCPhonesoft sell the software???

So... we have a stupid MJ+ that has NO CALL FORWARDING FUNCTION!

These are some pretty dumb ass people at MagicJack.

~dunebug

P.S. And PCPhonesoft did NOT offer any workarounds.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For clarification, the Magicfeatures Plugin provides a Call Forwarding Assistant feature that uses the underlying call forwarding capability provided by the magicJack network.

At the time of this posting the Call Forwarding Assistant in the Magicfeatures Plugin does still work as originally designed if and only if the call forwarding capability for the given user provided by magicJack is still enabled and active.

As an example, I just double checked and the Call Forwarding Assistant still works fine with my personal magicJack when turning on call forwarding to a given number from the Features Dashboard or by dialing the call feature activation code 72 from the keypad of my phone.

If magicJack have completely disabled/removed the call forwarding capability in your particular magicJack account, the Call Forwarding Assistant in the Magicfeatures Plugin is not going to add any value. At the time the Magicfeatures Plugin was designed call forwarding was enabled for all magicJack users and nobody could have honestly imagined them deciding to do otherwise.

If you are one of the latter users, the only workaround available if you absolutely have to have call forwarding and you want to reuse your magicJack dongle is going to be to use it with the GVJackApp to link it to Google Voice's subscription free phone service. I can confirm that lots of users every week are taking this route and the full version of the GVJackApp is free to try for 7 days to see if it meets your needs and expectations before deciding to buy it.
LessImpressed
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Call Forwarding Reply with quote

I have asked several times whether the MJ or MJ+ dongle will work with Magic Jack after MagicFeatures (MF) is installed if you decide in the 7 days that you don't want MF. I still have no answer, so I can't risk the trial.

Now it's clear that MF is only useful to connect my Google Voice to my telephone using MF, since call forwarding is the ONLY reason I'd want to do MF or NetTalk.

Since Google Voice will be free for 2013, and since GV has no hardware requirements at all, I'm not sure why I'd want to add another layer of software/firmware to the process.

I can call my GV number, enter my password and make a masked CID call from any phone. I can configure my GV to ring all my phones at once when somebody calls it. Seems like all I really need is GV, my old-style MJ (which service expires in 2017) and my cell phone.

Interesting case of spinning wheels into the decision that was really only delayed by Google's 2013 announcement. I feel like a member of Congress.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Call Forwarding Reply with quote

LessImpressed wrote:
I have asked several times whether the MJ or MJ+ dongle will work with Magic Jack after MagicFeatures (MF) is installed if you decide in the 7 days that you don't want MF. I still have no answer, so I can't risk the trial.

- The answer is yes, the MJ device and service will work normally after uninstalling MagicFeatures. MF and the MJ's own software both are really no different than any other type of Windows software in these regards, except that the MJ device downloads and installs its own software but without a separate uninstaller program (so to truly fully uninstall it you have to manually delete any of its files left remaining on your drive after using Windows' generic uninstaller control panel utility - just search for TigerJet, magic, and in some cases mj files on your drive & delete the ones associated with MJ - they pretty obviously belong to MJ when you find & see them)... and to simply reinstall the MJ software you simply plug the device into your pc/laptop, just as you did when you first bought it. Magic Features comes with its own uninstaller program - and it says so right on its website, by the way. No big deal. Last I knew somebody somewhere had written an uninstall program for MJ software, but I *think* it only pertained to the original MJ and not the MJ+.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: