magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
magicBlock
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
art2u
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: magicBlock Reply with quote

magicBlock

http://vvisoft.com/

magicBlock doesn’t interfere with the usage of magicJack - you can still make and receive calls with a normal phone. It stops the intrusive pop-up window from disrupting whatever your doing whenever someone in your home picks up the phone.

When magicBlock is enabled, the sparse magicJack functions are still available by right-clicking over it’s tray icon.

magicBlock works on Microsoft Windows 2000, XP or Vista and requires .NET Framework 3.0.

magicBlock is Freeware!
magicBlock

Enjoy!
Art2U

p.s. - any word about magicJack + Linux?
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

strndedinalska
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo. I'm sure I'm not the first, but I am definitely a downloader of this one. I love my Magic Jack, but the popup does get annoying at times.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice application. Thanks!!!

CNET Download.com is the safe and trusted provider for MagicBlock 1.2
Tested spyware free
sbw07
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My beef with this app is that not only does it stop the popup when you receive or make a call, it also stops it when you try to see it yourself, like when clicking on the tray icon for example. I switch between phone & handset regularly, and I need to see the softphone in order to dial in handset mode. It wouuld be great if this could be modified to know the difference between a popup and a user requesting to maximize the softphone.
NelsonDonnell
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: magicBlock and XPe Reply with quote

For some reason this magicBlock won't load and initiate its .exe file on my HP 5710 running XPe.

When I tried to run this 1.2 version of the software, it just sets an error message stating that magicBlock.exe has failed to initiate properly and sets a code of (0xc0000135). Re-installed it several times with no luck. Works on my Desktop with no problems, just doesn't want to work with the XPe OS.
sbw07
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: magicBlock and XPe Reply with quote

Looks like NelsonDonnel found the answer to his problem. Here's a comment I found on the magicBlock website.

Quote:
magicBlock will not run or initiate properly if you donít have NET 3.0 or higher installed. Thatís a pretty good size file to download and install on a Thin Client that only has a 512 DOM, actually too large, so this program is not going to be that popular for those 5710 Thin Clients that arenít running a 1 GB DOM with 512 MBs of memory.

By Nelson Donnell on Sep 5, 2008

momo
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: magicBlock and XPe Reply with quote

sbw07 wrote:
Looks like NelsonDonnel found the answer to his problem. Here's a comment I found on the magicBlock website.

Quote:
magicBlock will not run or initiate properly if you donít have NET 3.0 or higher installed. Thatís a pretty good size file to download and install on a Thin Client that only has a 512 DOM, actually too large, so this program is not going to be that popular for those 5710 Thin Clients that arenít running a 1 GB DOM with 512 MBs of memory.

By Nelson Donnell on Sep 5, 2008

wow, I'm glad I'm going to try the 8GB DOM soon, on my NEW in the BOX T5710, and didn't get the smaller one yet.

didn't MJ one time say you just needed .NET 2.0 ... ?
sbw07
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: magicBlock and XPe Reply with quote

momo wrote:

What I quoted above was referring to magicblock not magicjack.
Dr. Craven Moorehead
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. Been looking for an easy way to block the pop up and I love it. Very Happy
gritz123
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome, thanks alot. i was asking on the live chat if there was any way to do this and they said that their tech supports were working on it. i wonder if they know about magicblock. but i suppose they don't support 3rd party software
Uncle Spellbinder
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Thanks, indeed. Works great. If I do for some reason need to see the soft phone, I just click the red dot in the task bar and un-check "Block MagicJack"

Great little app. Thanks again!
NelsonDonnell
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: magicBlock and XPe Reply with quote

sbw07 wrote:
momo wrote:

What I quoted above was referring to magicblock not magicjack.

Your correct on that .NET 2.0 issue. After I installed a 1GB Transend DOM card, I installed the modified Stroths T5700 v1.2 XPe OS which had the NET 2.0 packaged in it instead of using the standard HP XPe OS and the magicBlock 1.2 installed worked perfectly. Very Happy
City Builder
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for this. I was getting quite annoyed having whatever I was doing minimize (like playing a game) for the magic jack softphone to popup upon incoming calls. I can hear my phone ring, I don't need the softphone popping up too.
roofisttu
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one works great...tried a couple dif ones....love this...fixed a lot of issues...cough cough....world of warcraft player!!!
ZebCarter
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One little problem...

When I'm gaming...BF2, COD4, what have you...the popup is blocked but the code in the popup still switches to the desktop which really sucks.

Any cures for that???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: