magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

magicBlock

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnODon
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sarge. Nice to see you here! Smile

Check out my reply on our forums. Your other option is to run MJ as a service. This gets rid of the interface altogether (if you configure it to *not* interact witrh the desktop. Of course this really doesn't work if you actually use the interface (i.e. headset calling). I don't use a headset so it works perfectly for me.

Here is the post about running MJ as a service:

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magic-jack-as-a-service-a-better-way-t1364.html

Hope this helps!

John
superdad427
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: magicBlock Reply with quote

art2u wrote:
magicBlock

http://vvisoft.com/

magicBlock doesn�t interfere with the usage of magicJack - you can still make and receive calls with a normal phone. It stops the intrusive pop-up window from disrupting whatever your doing whenever someone in your home picks up the phone.

When magicBlock is enabled, the sparse magicJack functions are still available by right-clicking over it�s tray icon.

magicBlock works on Microsoft Windows 2000, XP or Vista and requires .NET Framework 3.0.

magicBlock is Freeware!
magicBlock

Enjoy!
Art2U

p.s. - any word about magicJack + Linux?

AWESOME!
running on XP x64 edition Q6600 8GB RAM.... My MJ might actually be USEFUL now.

-SuperDad427
corvax
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you be more especifc i dont know wich pop up are you talking about
emiliomcol
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i used magicblock the only issue haved was the softphone stop ringing on the computer when i switch to headset, i couldnt find a way to make it ring back againg, only making a restore of my computer before installing magicblock, everything else work good...
corvax
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this block the software..... went i do this block the software
emiliomcol
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corvax wrote:
this block the software..... went i do this block the software

magicblock will block the software from popup everytime you get a call if you are paying attention you will see like the MJ softphone popup but inmediatly the magicblock closed againg thats what it does
Roundabout
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed Magicblock 1.2 and it still has a problem with MJ stealing focus. Any ideas from anyone? I uninstalled and reinstalled it, no joy. Thanks for any help.
Mp3Gamer00
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Better than magicBlock, I think Reply with quote

http://www.filekeeper.org/download/shared/MJ.zip

I wrote this program in VB6. It does everythting I need. It hides the magicJack softphone and it never steals focus, it removes all banners from the softphone ad also remove the google link. I have included the source code in the zip file. Feel free to steal the code and share it so long as you make improvements. Let me know if i am missing anything important from the program. Enjoy[/url]
arcadia2uk
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mp3Gamer00 wrote:

I wrote this program in VB6. It does everythting I need. It hides the magicJack softphone and it never steals focus, it removes all banners from the softphone ad also remove the google link. I have included the source code in the zip file. Feel free to steal the code and share it so long as you make improvements. Let me know if i am missing anything important from the program. Enjoy[/url]

Excellent,
Thank you so much, Mp3Gamer00, and welcome to the forum.
I have not tried this yet, but I have high hopes.
arc
Mp3Gamer00
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support arcadia2uk. Let me know how thing turn out.
Roundabout
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Better than magicBlock, I think Reply with quote

Mp3Gamer00 wrote:

Thanks, I will give this a try on one of my other PC's. I wound up installing MJ as a service after I couldn't find any way to make MJblock keep MJ from stealing focus. I read a lot on the net trying to find something, anything that could do this. What I gathered was that if an app is written in such a way that it insists on getting focus, there was basically nothing that could be done to prevent it.

I will be curious to see if the app you wrote will do something that MJblock couldn't do. Thanks for your efforts!
Mp3Gamer00
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.filekeeper.org/download/shared/MJsphone.zip

This program has been updated to v1.1.16. Thanks to your support and help the code is much more clean and efficient. magicJack Phone Manager not only hide the magicJack softphone but now allow you to make phone calls, check voice mail and more while keeping magicJacks softphone hidden.
I wrote this program in VB6. It does everything I need. It hides the magicJack softphone and it never steals focus, it removes all banners from the softphone and also removes the Google link. I have included the source code in the zip file. Feel free to steal the code and share it so long as you make improvements. Let me know if i am missing anything important from the program. Enjoy
Mp3Gamer00
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.filekeeper.org/download/shared/MJMgr.zip

This program has been updated to v1.1.19. Thanks to your support and help the code is much stronger and efficient. magicJack Phone Manager not only hides the magicJack softphone but now allow you to make phone calls, check voice mail and more while keeping magicJack's softphone hidden.
I wrote this program in VB6. It does everything I need. It hides the magicJack softphone and it never steals focus, it removes all banners from the softphone and also removes the Google link. I have included the source code in the zip file. Feel free to steal the code and share it so long as you make improvements. Let me know if i am missing anything important from the program. Enjoy
big8082004
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: steal focus Reply with quote

thanx Mp3Gamer00 this works way better then magicblock Cool
Auxwork
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: MJ still clobbers games... Reply with quote

justin, I tried the MJmgr....and it does hide the popup, but it still clobbers games when the phone is picked up...

bam....screen is gone back to desktop.....!

it isnt the popup that bothers me, its the clobbering of the game.....
any way to avoid this ?

thanks,
aux
Mp3Gamer00
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auxwork,

Let me look into it. Is it all games or specific games?
reddem0n
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This program blocks magicjack, but it still loses focus from what you are doing. I play world of warcraft and whenever the magicjack popup needs to come up, it still needs to minimize my window and loses focus from what I currently do. Is there any fix for this?
mcx151
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mp3Gamer00 wrote:
Auxwork,

Let me look into it. Is it all games or specific games?

It's all games...

Not hard to test this. Just try any game you want... then pick up your phone and turn it on you'll see your game go to the desktop soon after.

Worthless for me. I use to use the DO NOT DISTURB but they took that function out, Now I just shut down MJ all together when I play a game.
scwowgph
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am having trouble with interaction of computer function. When I make a call my secretary gets her typing interrupted. I stopped the pop-up window with Magic block, but still the interruption in typing. Anyone have suggestions?

If I hardwired to a separate computer would that stop it? Even if I come from the same router?
scwowgph
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am having problems with interruptions. When a call comes in my secretary is interrupted in her typing by the Magic Jack even though the window pop up never comes up anymore due to the magic block. Any cure for this?
gg
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: magic jack manager Reply with quote

Well been reading for a while seen this though i do not mind the soft pfone thought i would give it a try is there a way to turn off this software without unpluging and plugging the magic jack. so i can use it when needed . other than that your magic jack manger is great piece of work.
XMotoX
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this. Real quick though - does this prevent the magicjack icon from appearing on the desktop as well? Everytime I delete it, it comes right back. Real pain!
aravindkarthik
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

My magicjack was working fine till yesterday. Nothing has been changed except I hv added another harddisk. Everything is working fine except my Magicjack is not getting started.

I tried clicking the icon, changing USB ports and tried magicfix (though its not useful as the MJ is not at all getting started)

Please help me
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aravindkarthik wrote:
Hi

My magicjack was working fine till yesterday. Nothing has been changed except I hv added another harddisk. Everything is working fine except my Magicjack is not getting started.

I tried clicking the icon, changing USB ports and tried magicfix (though its not useful as the MJ is not at all getting started)

Please help me

It may be a drive letter conflict. Try this:

-power down
-unplug MJ
-power up and allow boot to complete
-plug MJ back in

If that doesn't work, then search the MJ website FAQ for "uninstall" to download and run the MJ uninstall utility (with your MJ unplugged). Afterwards, reboot, and plug the MJ back in.
aravindkarthik
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. Let me try this
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aravindkarthik wrote:
thanks. Let me try this

I forgot to mention, if the hd you added connects via usb, you should disconnect it and see if MJ loads. If so, you will need a powered usb hub.
jsherk
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried magicBlock... thanks for a great little piece of software that gets rid of the annoying popup everytime my wife uses the phone!!
rootsnluv
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job, definitely what is needed by me.
oseliger
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Better than magicBlock is to run Magicjack as a service Reply with quote

MagicBlock stopped working about two weeks ago (dialtone won't go away unless I disable MagicMlock), so I've decided to run MJ as a service. There used to be a list of instructions posted to this site, but now someone developed a little app that does all the work for you.

The benefits are that as a service you do not need to be logged in as a specific user to use MJ and the opo-up will no longer bother you. We have five shared accounts on the PC and my kids no longer need to have
The downside is that the Softphone is no longer avaiailable in the system tray. As we don't use the soft phone at all, this is a great solution.

Took me about 45 seconds to install and works great.
Free download at: http://www.evanvaughan.com/magicjack.aspx
Enjoy!
Oren
balla123
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oseliger, how can you update mj?

does mj update itself when it runs as a service?
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREE "Magicsilence" Plugin Tool
Popup Dialer Window Manager for magicJack
for Windows XP/Vista/7

SYNOPSIS: YOUR WORK STAYS FOCUSED AND THE DIALER WINDOW STAYS CLOSED IN THE TRAYBAR UNTIL YOU DECIDE TO OPEN IT.

The "Magicsilence" Plugin tool gives you full control over the magicJack dialer window providing you with the ability to maintain focus on your primary computer activities. Unless you decide to manually open it, the magicJack dialer window will remain closed even during incoming and outgoing calls.

You can manually open the magicJack dialer window at any time as you normally do (by double left mouse clicking on the magicJack dialer icon) in case you want to check something or decide to use a headset for your call. The only difference is that you are now in control and whatever you are working on remains focused even when a new call is placed or arrives.

"Magicsilence" may be used by itself or alongside our popular "Magicfeatures", "Skyjack" and "Xlitejack" software plugins. In the event it does not meet your needs, a complete uninstall application is included.

The new "MagicSilence" Plugin Tool is ABSOLUTELY FREE and can be downloaded at http://tools.pcphonesoft.com OR http://www.magicsilence.com .
dd5087
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Strange Problem with MagicBlock Reply with quote

I posted this over at the vvisoft website.

I have encountered a strange problem with MagicBlock. I am using Vtech cordless phones and when I have MB blocking MJ, I cannot break dialtone if I first draw dialtone then try to dial a number. Tried this from several of my phones. However, I can call okay if I first key in the number then press the talk key to dial or when I use a number stored in the directory. I can turn off blocking and everything works okay. I am running XP Pro and have the following Microsoft .net Framework applications installed: 1.1, 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, & 3.5 SP1.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a nasty bug in the magicJack dialer that does NOT allow dialtone to stop if the dialer window is minimized to the traybar during dialing. You can easily reproduce the problem by going offhook to place a call and then manually closing the magicJack dialer window back to the traybar before you dial any digits.

I suggest you give our free Magicsilence plugin tool a spin. It includes a fix for the bug above and dialtone does stop normally.

A couple of other upsides are that you can also manually open the magicJack dialer window at any time and there are no quick flash "pop-up" windows as there are with other solutions.

Magicsilence can be downloaded at http://tools.pcphonesoft.com OR http://www.magicsilence.com .
jsherk
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one feature that magicsilence has that magicblock does not, is the ability to double-click on the mj tray icon to actually open mj up. If you want to maximize mj with magicblock you have to left-click magicblock tray icon and then uncheck "Block MagicJack Popup". I would like to see this functionality added to magicblock. Otherwise I think they function similarly.

The problems I have with magicsilence are:
(1) it causes mj to ask me to re-register everytime I startup computer, and
(2) everytime I shutdown my computer it causes mj to throw an Application Error and pauses the shutdown process until I acknowledge it.

Although magicblock is missing a little functionality, I prefer that to having the errors of magicsilence.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magicblock seems to work better now than before for keeping the softphone hidden. Before the latest update I would always see the softphone for a second now I don't see it at all.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Magicsilence Release 2 upgrade is now available and it is compatible with magicJack's brand new dialer.

See http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magicsilence-rel-2-keep-dialer-window-from-popping-up-t9747.html to check it out.
jsherk
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the following tool called AutoSizer ... it works with any window you have, not just magicJack, and it will even minimize the annoying splash screen that appears when you first start up mj.

http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/

I tried all the other tools (magicBlock, magicSilence and magicHide) but I prefer this AutoSizer tool the best.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post this a few more times?? I am sure no one has seen the 3 or 4 others you have posted pushing this..
Can you say "shill"???
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jsherk
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no idea what "shill" meant, so I looked it up and here is the definition:
A shill or plant is a person who helps another person or organization to sell goods or services without disclosing that he or she has a close relationship with the seller.

If you go to their website you will see the tool is completely free and there is absolutely no benefit to me for sending anybody to it ... it's a really good tool and I think it works better than all the other block/hide/silence tools and plugins out there. Until yesterday, I had never heard of this tool or company.

I was using another tool called WinSize2 (http://winsize2.sourceforge.net/) but it was too buggy, and when I searched for other tools to resize windows, AutoSizer is the one I found.

I always answer more than one thread when I have a solution (with or without a download link) because I want people to benefit from what I found.

Hope you understand.

Thanks
couch-potato

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: AutoSizer Reply with quote

Any tips on how to make AutoSizer work?

I installed it, and set MagicJack to always minimize, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.
jsherk
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open the magicJack window, then open the AutoSizer window. magicJack should appear in the top list under Currently Open Windows. Click on magicJack so it is highlighted and click AutoSize button. Under Actions To Perform select Minimize then click OK and it should appear under Windows Targeted By AutoSizer.

This works great for me!

If it's still not working, you could try to change the Window Searching Options from Class Name to Compare Using Window Title.

Hope this helps.
couch-potato

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply.

I had already done exactly what you suggested first, but it wasn't working.

I changed the options to "title must contain the window title listed above" which did work, except that my browser window was also minimized because the "unofficial magicjack forum" page happened to be open at the time.

So I changed it to "title must match exactly" and now it works great!

Thank You!!!

There is a brief millisecond flash when the phone is picked up, but it instantly minimizes again. No more stealing focus!

The only catch is that now I can't open the MagicJack window if I wanted to review missed calls or any other settings. But it is very easy to open the AutoSizer and restore MagicJack to normal, then change it back again to Minimize.

An awesome program!!! Hopefully it will continue to work throughout MJ upgrades. It seems every time I find a new tip, trick, or hack, then MJ comes out with an upgrade, and the new feature doesn't work anymore.
jsherk
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it is working... if you need to open the mj window, you can right-click once on the little autosizer icon down in the toolbar and uncheck ENABLED. You can now open up mj window. Then just check enabled again when you want it to minimize again.
couch-potato

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tip - thanks.

That's much faster than the way I was doing it.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magicsilence Release 2.01 is now available for download.

It includes a brand new optional Show "Call Alert" feature to conveniently display the incoming call information window in the lower right hand portion of your screen when a new call arrives with the option to accept/ignore the call. The window is displayed without stealing focus from your work.

The optional Show "Call Alert" feature can be enabled/disabled directly from the Magicsilence Plugin icon popup menu.
curlybrian
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: MagicSilence no longer free? Reply with quote

The link is now charging $6.95.
rhon
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsherk wrote:
Glad it is working... if you need to open the mj window, you can right-click once on the little autosizer icon down in the toolbar and uncheck ENABLED. You can now open up mj window. Then just check enabled again when you want it to minimize again.

Thanks for the tip on this program. It works for the most part, at least for me. I can't get it to work when I have an incoming call.

Anybody figure out how to block the "incoming call" pop up?
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only feedback I can give is that MagicSilence will also stop the incoming call window from popping up if you need a solution that will do that for you.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsherk wrote:
I had no idea what "shill" meant, so I looked it up and here is the definition:
A shill or plant is a person who helps another person or organization to sell goods or services without disclosing that he or she has a close relationship with the seller.

If you go to their website you will see the tool is completely free and there is absolutely no benefit to me for sending anybody to it ... it's a really good tool and I think it works better than all the other block/hide/silence tools and plugins out there. Until yesterday, I had never heard of this tool or company.

I was using another tool called WinSize2 (http://winsize2.sourceforge.net/) but it was too buggy, and when I searched for other tools to resize windows, AutoSizer is the one I found.

I always answer more than one thread when I have a solution (with or without a download link) because I want people to benefit from what I found.

Hope you understand.

Thanks

JShark - I think Joe was referring to the post before yours by redpepper for MagicSilence which has a $6.95 charge, not the tool you posted which is freeware.

Joe - if I am mistaken my apologies Cool
drjohn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently tried magicblock 1.2 and it works like a charm to keep the softpad off-screen. However, when I tried to turn off computer, magicblock would not allow it without first disabling. Also when turned on computer, magicblock would not allow magicjack to load. The only way I got magicjack to load was to un-install magic block. I am using a Vista computer in a business environment and need to turn off computer at night. I have just purchased Nettalk and will install that soon. Seems better that program will not need to run thru computer. Hope I can port my MJ number to Nettalk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: