magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic + Sounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RayBK
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Magic + Sounds Reply with quote

We have had MagicJack for a few years. In October 2013 we purchased the Upgraded MagicJack Plus. After replacing 3 power transformers it seems like we have one that lasts more than a month.

We connect the MagicJack Plus to our router with a 7 foot cable. The router connects to the Internet through a cable modem.

Here is the issue we are experiencing. We hear those we call and those that call us perfectly, however, those we call and those who call us tells us that it sounds like we are randomly pressing keys on the phone. We are not doing that so something is wrong. One of our frequent callers says that the number of random sounds is increasing.

This never happened with our previous MagicJack.

Any ideas what to do before I call the 'wonderful' MagicJack Chat person?

I still have my old MagicJack so maybe I should switch back?

I appreciate any ideas and advice! Thanks in advance!
magicjack85
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: I'm having the same problem! Reply with quote

I've been having the same problem you've been having, except I'm the one hearing the sounds. I have a MagicJack plus (NOT the 2014 edition). It doesn't seem to make any difference whether its plugged into the PC or into the router.

I have not asked the people I am speaking to whether they hear these random "tones."

FYI: I have another VOIP provider called Voipo on the same network, and sometimes have the same issue, those random sounds.

I have a Linksys E1000 router. What kind of router do you have? I wonder if it is the router?

If you get an answer from mjsupport that actually helps, or makes sense, let me know! I've never bothered contacting them about this problem, probably because they've never been really helpful when it comes to call quality issues.
magicjack85
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: steve350 is having the same problem Reply with quote

steve350 is having this problem as well:

Quote:
Problem 3= Noise on the line. On both of my MJ+ lines I would hear random tones. The person on the phone with me would hear it too. Not very pleasant when you are trying to speak to a Customer and they keep asking you what is that noise.

Source:
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/if-you-are-thinking-of-getting-a-mj-read-this-first-t13384.html
RayBK
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: More Info Reply with quote

Greetings,

My router is a Netgear 26 GHz / 5 GHz version. I use it to stream videos to my TV.

I doubt that it is connected to the router, however, I have been wrong before.

Interesting that some owners hear the sounds and others only the callers hear the sounds.

Yes, the MJ support is pretty poor. Mostly contracted in Asia and all they do is read the manual and type it in the reply.
paultergeist
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the exact same issue: random touchtone tones heard by my callers.
I've been with MJ+ for several years now, without this issue.
sd73
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this problem for a few years too. My folks who also live nearby and have the same MJ+ and cable provider don't have that issue and never have. The two major differences they have are the modem and type of phone. About 3 months ago, I switched out my phones and I noticed a pretty dramatic drop in those tones. In my case it was me who was hearing the added noise. In any case, while it's not completely gone the new phones have helped a lot. I'll bet there is a perfect choice of phones out there for the mj products. The ones I chose are pretty cheap Costco Panasonic.
synergywizard
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been getting the random annoying dialing tones. I don't hear it at all only the other end does, most annoying for them. I got sent the 2014 Plus this week. Plugged it in and so far no complaints. We shall see.
Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never had this problem or any other problems that I can remember.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: