magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

magic phone and fax numbers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noshutdown
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: i said I was tricked Reply with quote

I said I was tricked
as soon as I saw that the convoluted website sent me to a https:// page after I put my credit card number in, then I saw it was already checked off on the 5 year plan I canceled out of the page. For some reason they sent my order through anyway. Another bad business practice on magic jacks end. They should give a customer a chance to cancel an order rather then put it trough when a customer clicks out of the page without clicking ok I accept.
Nytefire
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: this is a rant and rave forum Reply with quote

noshutdown wrote:
WHY ARE TOU HERE DEFENDING THE MAGIC CRAP?????
ASS WIPE?
THIS IS THE RANT AND RAVE FORUM MORON! START A DAN BORISLOW ASS KISSING FORUM YOU DICK!

NOSHUTDOWN

Let's keep the personal attacks out of it please.
gooney
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not tricked when i bought mine back in feb, 2008, plus i didnt have the extra years option...I think the MJ current order page is different now then back in feb, so i wouldnt know how it goes now... Just hope its not the way youre saying it is. I would be pissed off as well if i get tricked like that. Call your CC or bank and tell them your issue, and tell them that you did not authorize the transaction... calm down and relax.
noshutdown
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: to me a rant is a rant and a rave is some crazed kids on ecs Reply with quote

to me a rant is a rant and a rave is some drug crazed kids on ecstasy and special k
g2lenn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are anger management and twelve step program's that might offer you piece of mind.
jkcdlm
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess noshutdown is into personal attacks instead of "Ranting" on MJ. Again, if you live in such a high income required part of the country...good for you...even less of a reason to fret over $100. I live in a nice 3000 sq ft 3 story house with a private lake just down the street, just had it built in 2006. Nice quiet neighborhood where I can leave my stuff unlocked without it disappearing. I chose to live here not because of my lack of income, but because I did not feel the need to spend every cent I make to keep up with the "Jones". Whenever I feel that I got "ripped off" by a company, I don't get overly emotional about it, I just chalk up the loss and move on. $50 or in your case $100 loss on trying to save potentially thousands of dollars in communications cost is worth taking the risk. Just try not to "cry" too much when things don't go your way.

Good for you with that high speed connection. I only have a paltry 6mb DSL.

I have not called you any names or personally attacked you on this forum, but judging by your responses on this forum I am amazed that you work in a profession that creates enough income to support your stated position in regards to residency. All I can say is good luck in your fight in "principle" over spending $100 on an unproven telecommunications product.
noshutdown
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: hey waht can I say I'm a new Yorker Reply with quote

hey what can I say I'm a new Yorker! And Proud of it!

I'm a pussycat compared some people around here!

I live in the suburbs on Long Island in a very nice area called Old bethpage, you should come here and visit next year. They are going to have the US Open right down the block from where I live. Golf courses, campgrounds, lots of woods, a beautiful place for a suburb in NY its more like an upstate ny area. The Beachs are ony 12 miles in either direction north or south of me, I like it here so I don't mind the high taxes and the double mortgages and working my ass off to live here ..it's worth it! Fishing , Boating campimg the works. tons of hicking trails all around me. google iton google erth and take a lokand see why I live wher i live.
noshutdown
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: well I feel much better today Reply with quote

Well I feel much better today
I went to the Golf Course this morning and drove a bucket of balls at the range. I imagined that each ball was a magic jack as it went sailing out into the blue sky and hit the ground. I thought there goes another smashed magic jack...yea! When I was finished I was all better, no more animosity against magic jack or anyone. It's amazing what some fresh air and a driving range can do for this mans spirit!

noshutdown
gooney

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: well I feel much better today Reply with quote

noshutdown wrote:
Well I feel much better today
I went to the Golf Course this morning and drove a bucket of balls at the range. I imagined that each ball was a magic jack as it went sailing out into the blue sky and hit the ground. I thought there goes another smashed magic jack...yea! When I was finished I was all better, no more animosity against magic jack or anyone. It's amazing what some fresh air and a driving range can do for this mans spirit!

noshutdown

A little slippery substance in palm of hand will also do the job... it will let all the anger and frustrations out lol Wink

Have a nice day!
Mark
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: personal issue Reply with quote

noshutdown wrote:
dam straight I have a personal issue with Dan Borislow.
he advertises that he wil not bill my account within 30 days ...he billed within 3 days!
he advertises that he invented the magic jack NOT
he advertises that it does 3-way calling NOT
he advertises that if I don't like like it and I return within 30 days, he will return my money and shipping postage and the return shipping postage NOT all I got back was the 5 year platinum package amount back, I never got back the money for the magic jack or the shipping in either direction
he advertises that the call quality is just as good as the phone I am using before I get the MJ NOT
I have 1.5 Mb connection DOWN AND 1.8 Mb connection UP ON OPTIMUM ONLINE IN NY - THE BEST IP in the USA.
I had to unistall all of my audio players and nero and alcohol 120% which didn't change a thing in voice/sound quality!
I reinstalled them and Magic Jack still worked just as bad with or without those apps installed.
Yes you can say I have an issue or 2 with Dan Borislow
And I think his daughter is cute but as dumb as a rock! for her age...My kids look younger and they know what I am doing for a living, at least they have some idea of whats going on!

First, I would have to agree that charging for magicJack within 30 days of ordering is misleading since the Web site says:

"Free Trial
USE the magicJack free for 30 days, make all the free calls you please. 100% Risk FREE - you pay nothing. (Hurry, Free Trial Offer not available in stores and only available here until Tuesday, June 17, 2008. Only 20,000 magicJacks are still available for this Free Trial Offer!)"

A person can't USE magicJack until it's received. However, the Terms of Service says, "however, you will not be eligible for any refund unless you terminate the Agreement within 30 days of PURCHASE of the magicJack device and qualify for a refund as further described in Section 2 of this Agreement."

Accordingly, there is a conflict between what is advertised on magicJack's Web site and what is stated in Section 3 of the Terms of Service Agreement. If the matter was litigated I would think the conflict in the Terms of Service agreement would be voided and the court would likely rule that the open advertisement, which is used to attract prospective customers to purchase magicJack, must be followed. Alternatively, the court would order magicJack to change the language stated on its Web site to be consistent with the Terms of Service Agreement.

As far as everything else you complain about, however, I haven't experienced any problems. I suggest you work out the kinks and enjoy low cost telephone service.
S3v3n
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I will have to say mention one thing that did upset me. The 30 Free Trial thing. When I placed my order I was told that I wouldnt be billed for the until for 30 days.

Instead I will charged right away. When I asked about it I was told it was just an authorization. Then I check the next day and it was finalized. When I asked why this happened I was told that it was my credit card company that did it not them. i told them no it cant be because credit card companies dont just finalize authorizations because they dont have the final amount.

Other then that I now have my MJ and it works like a charm. Not to thrilled on the whole eep my PC on to use it deal. And how they say they will terminate my account if I use a ATA device instead of my Magic Jack. Which I cant understand.

Considering that the ads they place are all their own so they cant be getting any $$$ from it.
Bubbles
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos to this forum for not shutting down noshutdown. noshutdown is entertaining.
strndedinalska

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: you are a big boy Reply with quote

taflocks wrote:
nobody twisted your arm and threatend you with an anal probe if you didint buy the 5 year pkg. only a dumbass would buy a 5 year pkg on a new untested piece of equipment. Rolling Eyes

There is the problem. He was expecting a full service experience and didn't get one. That's why he is so angry. I know all about those Alabama boys...all sweet on the outside, but on the inside, well, that's a different story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: