magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic Jack won't start as service....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingmedic
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Magic Jack won't start as service.... Reply with quote

Hi gang,

I did my best to follow the directions, but something is wrong. I installed MJ as a service, and it shows as such. However, it always shows stopped. The funny thing is, I will have a dial tone on my phone, but be unable to dial out. Also, if I try and call my MJ number, it goes right to voicemail.

I currently have it setup to load on a user account, but the same thing happens if I try to load it with the local account option. I should say at one point I had this working, then something changed....and I have a sneaking suspicion that service pack 3 might be involved....I dunno. Also, I am currently having the service point to "magicjackloader.exe". When I try to manually start the service, I get the "Service started but then stopped right away....some services load this way depending if they have a task to do" ...or something like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Bill
semicharm
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like MagicJack is failing to start for some reason. First, open Task Manager to see if magicjack.exe is listed under the Processes tab. If it is, end it. Then try to start it without using the service to see what it's doing.
flyingmedic
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was not running in my processes tab. Started it just fine by clicking the loader.......

Works incoming and outgoing, just not as a service......wierd....

Thanks for responding.....

Bill
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should tell us what exactly what steps you followed to run MJ softphone as a service so that we may have a hint what might have gone wrong Rolling Eyes
flyingmedic
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I set it up to run as a service exactly as described in the first post. It installed as a service fine, just won't start. I have tried it as local account, and logged into an account. I currently have the preference part of the service pointed at magicjackloader.exe

I don't know if that's part of the problem. If there is something more specific I can tell you. Just ask....

Thanks for the response...

Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: