magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

magic jack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwidmann
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: magic jack Reply with quote

Hi,
Just got mine and set it up on my laptop,dell@wifi.
I tried making calls but when they pick up they can not hear me,i can hear them.Talked to them and got upgrade software which i installed,but have the same problem,used other phones same thing,also made sure mute was off.
Anybody have any ideas?
THKS RW
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using a telephone plugged into MJ, or a computer headset?
If using a phone, go to Menu->Volume/Headset Control, make sure Telephone is selected, move the Microphone slider all the way to the right, click OK, try your call again.

If using a computer headset, verify that it is working by recording a few words with Sound Recorder and listening to the playback. Also, check that Headset/Other is selected, the correct device for Microphone is chosen, and set the Microphone slider all the way to the right.

If you still can't get the phone to work, try the headset, or vice-versa.

If still no luck, call 909-390-0003, wait for the softphone to show "operational", then start talking. Is your voice echoed back to you?
Steve20r
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your using WIFI try doing a straight plug in to your router or modem you will get a better connection thus better call quality. Also try going to task manager and changing the priority of MJ higher.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: