magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic Jack Plus window won't come up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heyrich
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Magic Jack Plus window won't come up Reply with quote

I have set up magic jack plus so it runs through my router and is on all thetime. it works just fine however the magic jack window won't come up so I can see my phone book and check my call history.I've tried to start it manually by double clicking the icon it starts to load but when it starts to load my contacts it stops loading and the magic jack ad pops up covering it and prompts to plug in magic jack or buy it. it is of course plugged in and working except I can't see my contacts or call history. Any suggestions very welcome, thank you.Richard
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your MJ+ is working as intended.

If you want access to its "softphone" features (contacts list etc.) you need to use it via a computer's USB port rather than connecting it directly to your router.

However nowadays there are many phones/phone systems that have their own built-in contacts directories (sometimes VERY large - my Panasonic 3-handset cordless Dect 6 system, which is what I use with my MJ+ - can store 3,000 names/numbers, and if I have the caller's name & number stored in it their name is both displayed on the 3 handsets and spoken aloud through them as well... and the 3 handsets & base unit only cost me $60 on sale at Radio Shack).
heyrich
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, that's unfortunate I prefer having access to my call history and phone book so I'll probably go back to plugging mj into a USB port.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: