magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic Jack plus getting hot

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denny2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Magic Jack plus getting hot Reply with quote

I have had my Magic Jack plus for about 5 months now, it worked great plugged into my ATT Uverse router/modem, they call it the GATEWAY.
The summer hit and the Magic Jack plus started getting HOT and droping calls and generally not working. I put a fan on the MJ plus and that helped a little bit, The MJ plus is generating it's own heat and I know if electrronics get above 90 degrees F, they will not work correctly.
It will not get hot if I plug it into my USB port on my computer and will work fine, in fact I have an older Magic Jack and it works great pluged into a USB port...no heat issues with it at all.
I finally got fed up and took the side cover off of the Magic Jack Plus and exposed the electronics inside to my electric fan, no problems yet with droped calls or not working.
I will let you all know..
Denny
Denny2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: works great Reply with quote

Well it's been 2 days since I took off the back cover of my Magic Jack Plus.
With the covers on, I could not go 12 hours without some sort of malfunction, it's been 48 hours and no problems, I think that the heat build up inside that little black box was getting way too hot for the electronics. I also have a small fan blowing cool air on the electronics of the MJ plus.
Denny
udsting
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you plugged in the AC adapter for the plus to a power strip?
Denny2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Magic Jack plus getting hot Reply with quote

Yes, The Magic Jack plus is pluged into a 110v power strip, that's where it used to get HOT and crap out all the time, but taking the side cover off to air out the electronics has made it a great phone system.
Denny
ecobbMJ
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does tech svcs read and contribute to these posts? My MJ+, when plugged to power outlet vs computer also gets VERY hot. This has got to affect it's reliable function and shorten it's life.

Only had mine a few days and might cancel for refund rather than take a chance on premature failure due to design defect.

Yathink?

JC
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecobbMJ wrote:
Does tech svcs read and contribute to these posts? My MJ+, when plugged to power outlet vs computer also gets VERY hot. This has got to affect it's reliable function and shorten it's life.

Only had mine a few days and might cancel for refund rather than take a chance on premature failure due to design defect.

Yathink?

JC

- MJ staff don't monitor or respond to this website because this website has nothing to do with the MagicJack company or YMAX Communications (the telco that provides phone service to MagicJack). To help cut down on the heat, try using the USB extension cable that came with your MJ+ to connect it to its AC power adapter; your MJ device should be fine. I also recommend plugging the adapter into a UPS that has at least rudimentary AVR (automatic voltage regulation). Regardless, as long as it works it's not worth messing around with canceling and trying to get a refund, believe me... should it ever crap out on you at any time in the future you can always get a replacement - as long as you've still got an active MJ number on it - for $9.95 . So as long as you can call the numbers you need to call from it, and people can call you, you basically can't go wrong financially even if you were to need to replace the hardware every year (which you won't need to do).
Denny2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: MJ Plus gets hot Reply with quote

Well, I have not had even one failure since I took off the side cover of the Magic Jack Plus and that has been a while ago. If the MJ plus gets to 90 degrees F, it will fail..Exposing the electronics and blowing a fan on it works great...I am going to assume when the weather gets cooler, I won't need the fan blowing on the electronics in the MJ plus.
Denny
SteveHC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why they didn't design air vent slots into the case. But I've been using the USB extension & have never had a problem with leaving the case on without any fan blowing on it (I live in a tropical climate and keep the a/c around 77-78 degrees). BTW - Assuming all solder points etc. were done correctly, 90 degrees should be no problem with this circuit board. You probably got one that was slightly defective.
ecobbMJ
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the short usb extension seemed to be a good idea so I had tried it and it doesn't really cool it down much. I've got it plugged into a quality ups, for what it's worth.

Thanks for the input. JC
SteveHC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecobbMJ wrote:
Using the short usb extension seemed to be a good idea so I had tried it and it doesn't really cool it down much. I've got it plugged into a quality ups, for what it's worth.

Thanks for the input. JC

- Using a quality UPS - particularly one with AVR - can help preserve the life of the device not just from excessively high over-voltage but also in cases of UNDER-voltage (which often can stress a circuit's components at least as much as over-voltage can).
ecobbMJ
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thought - I see the MJ included ac/usb adaptor has a 1 amp output. That, I believe is much higher than the typical cpu usb output.

Why not substitute an adaptor that has a lower current output, like .5 amp? Wouldn't that reduce the heat being generated?

I'll see if I can find one and try it out. JC
scotty200

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use a longer usb with mine and it works good it dont get as hot but remember it a computer so it going to normally heat up some what
have a good Smile
scotty200

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use a longer usb with mine and it works good it dont get as hot but remember it a computer so it going to normally heat up some what
have a good Smile
Denny2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why in the world would using the USB extension cord make the Magic Jack Plus run cooler?
Are you saying that the 110vac/USB outlet is actually the problem, and that thing is heating up the Magic Jack Plus?
Denny
scotty200

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the adapter get's hot too so when u have them both together it going to get hotter more so then if u use the usb cable it came with or get a longer one like i did so i can move it further away i don't feel it was a good idea to use them with out that usb
Denny2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought of that, I went ahead and put a 6 inch USB extension cord on my Magic Jack Plus and let it cook awile and felt the 110vac/USB plug and it does get HOT on it's own....good idea.
Denny
Denny2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to post a picture of my STRIPED DOWN Magic Jack Plus, I have now taken off the back cover as well as the front cover , just for better air circulation and it works great, still have a fan blowing on the whole works and hopefully when cooler weather comes, I can get rid of the fan..I also put on the USB extension cord, for extra coolness..
Denny
LivinLarge
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: MagicJack Plus Temperature Reply with quote

I've always suspected that the Temperature of the MagicJack Plus Plugged into an outlet is way too hot. I found the temp of 122 degrees( not during use) . I also found the temperature started increasing when I grabbed the phone and started making a call. And just in the short amount of time I was using it the temperature was increasing the more I used it 127 degrees +. I plug the MagicJack Plus into my computer USB port and the temperature is drastically lower approx 85 degrees. And coincidentally the amount of dropped calls was less. So I took a computer case fan connected it it to an A/C adapter and I have it blowing directly on my MagicJack plus. The constant temperature is 85 degrees. Im working on a theory of excessive heat could possibly be the cause of the increase in dropped calls. I have only been using my Fan theory for 2 weeks , (in this time period) I have had 1 dropped call. And I use MagicJack plus for usually minimum 1 hour per call usually 2-3 hour long calls 5-6 times a week. I will need at least 3-4 months to test my theory before I have any conclusions.
Denny2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are correct, I have had a cheap fan I got from Wal Mart blowing on my strip down, ( no case around the Magic Jack Plus) for about 3 months now and no droped calls or really no problems at all, phone service all the time.

I think the Magic Jack Plus plastic case traps the heat inside the black case with no where to go, the least Magic Jack can do is put some louvers in the black plastic case, I took the damn thing off all together and it works fine.
Denny
LivinLarge
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, I got on YouTube to see if anybody has already taken their MagicJack Plus apart. I did watch one video where the guy broke it apart. Because i didnt want to break mine while disassembling it. And I see how you can easily pull off the panel the says MagicJack very easily almost like double stick tape. So I took that panel off and made a new cover out of clear plastic. And then made as many holes in it as I could.So now have my fan blowing directly on it. I would love to pull it completely apart and have it blowing in the breeze like you. But unless you got a slick way to do this?? Ill have to stick with my MagicJack HO..lol. Hey its good to have guys working on this idea. Im hoping were on to something. PS : How did you get the back cover off?
Also I just checking the Temperature of the A/C / USB plugin adapter 97 degrees. Its hotter than the MagicJack is, which is reading 85 degrees .I also did what you guys have done and plugged in the 6 inch USB extension
Denny2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both the front and back covers on the Magic Jack Plus just pop off.
No trick to it.

I also have the 6 inch extenstion on the USB port.

Have had no trouble withthe fan blowing on the guts of the MJ plus.
Denny
LivinLarge
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Denny2,
I think there maybe different models . Because what I see on mine is the white sticker one the back with some instructions, numbers etc. But on mine the cover is not countersunk on the back like the front one is. Splitting mine in half appears to be the only way I can get mine apart. Like the guy on YouTube. If you could post a pic of yours that would be great.

Here is the YouTube video of the guy opening up his MJ+ . This is what mine looks like. See if this one looks like yours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfTNHcLNdwk
Denny2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Same one, the lable is the back and it just pops off. If you don't have your apart yet, I took a knife and a hammer and split mine apart and then the back will just come off with a little pulling on it.
Denny
LivinLarge
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denny2:

Ok the question is will it break when you do that. Or will you have 2 pieces you can just snap back together?
Denny2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will break apart at the seam and you will have 2 pieces that you can snap back together, I wish I could send you a picture of my Magic Jack Plus hanging out in mid air on a paper clip being blown by my fan, not getting hot at all....I don't see anyway to POST a photo on this forumn.
Denny
tcgc70
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Denny2....Check the FAQ section of this site and you will see:
Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML (if allowed).
Denny2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted,
That sounds too complicated.
Denny
LivinLarge
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denny2:
I have a mental pic so that will work. Ok Im going to pop mine apart today and see how that goes. Maybe Ill make a MagicJack wind chime..lol
Denny2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got tired of having a fan on my naked Magic Jack Plus, so I got on the online tech support and told the person at the other end of the keyboard that my MJ plus was thermally unstable and they sent me another MJ plus, ( for $9.95 shipping) so I transfered my original number to the replacement one, took 3 seconds, and have had no problems....The new MJ plus got hot but no dropped calls.....just for good measure, I took off the case and have the NEW MJ plus hanging out in mid air with the electronics exposed....
Denny
LivinLarge
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Denny2, Did your new MJ look exactly like your old one?

I have had mine apart and it did drop some calls. And I realized after my phone call I had a big file downloading at that same time so I'm going to blame that one to the download . Also I had some other drops prior to that . It seemed to drop off at the very beginning of the call and then after call back 2 times it worked fine the rest of the conversation.
But one thing I found just recently , I told my friend who I talk with alot to buy a new Panasonic 6.0 phones . His battery in his old phones would die and the call would drop..that was my theory anyway. So he got the new phones and the connection and drop offs are almost gone. So don't rule out the other persons phone if you have calls dropped. I still have my fan blowing on mine . Also FYI : when I'm describing any phone problems I have always used my wireless Panasonic 5.8mhz. I have never really used a direct line into the phone. I'm assuming everyone else is using wireless phones too
Denny2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, When I say droped call, the 2 lights on top of the MJ plus would not even be on when it overheated, the green and yellow lights would not even be on, then I took it apart and had a fan blowing on the electronics and it worked fine.Sometimes even with the electronics exposed and NO fan, it would get hot the the Green and yellow light would be off and of course not dial tone.
Denny
LivinLarge
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually don't look at the lights when any calls are dropped. I'm usually out in the garage. So I cant observe very easily from there...lol. But Ill be more aware of them now. My last drop off happened 2 days ago after about an hour conversation, it just goes silent for 2 seconds then went into a dial tone.
Even with the fan blowing. It appears we have more questions than answers.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MJ network USUALLY (but not always) automatically disconnects your call at around the one hour mark; sometimes sooner, sometimes later.
LivinLarge
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had conversations on my MagicJack Plus for over 3 hours many times no drop offs. I remember my older magicjack would drop off at exactly 2 hours exactly every time. But this MJ plus has various results. This is what were trying to figure out. The inconsistency, hopefully well come up with some answers.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivinLarge wrote:
I've had conversations on my MagicJack Plus for over 3 hours many times no drop offs. I remember my older magicjack would drop off at exactly 2 hours exactly every time. But this MJ plus has various results. This is what were trying to figure out. The inconsistency, hopefully well come up with some answers.

- Good luck with that Wink You'll find it's not related to heat or whatever... the network EVENTUALLY disconnects regardless of MagicJack device model, whether or not the MJ+'s casing is pulled apart and a fan's blowing directly on it, etc. In the past, at least, the company has claimed that it reserves the right to do this in order to ensure that its servers don't get so overloaded with so many extremely long calls (or calls made by callers who forget to hang up when they're done) that other customers aren't able to place new calls. When it happens to me (again, usually around the one-hour mark but a year or two ago it *used* to occur at around the half-hour mark... they've since increased their network capacity quite dramatically) I just immediately call the other person right back. Still beats the frequency with which my cellular calls get dropped - by about 1,000 percent.
LivinLarge
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel we are getting better information from this forum than the MJ "Tech" line. I have more confidence from the people in here .
DeepYellow
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Passive heat sink cooling suggestion for a MJ+ using a power Reply with quote

Passive heat sink cooling suggestion for a MJ+ using a power adapter

-The first time I used the power adapter with my MJ+, the MJ+ became so hot after a while it was uncomfortable to hold - way too hot for electronics to stay healthy. The heat seemed to be coming from the power adapter plug as it was very hot too. I agree with other posters who believe that at least part of the problem is heat traveling from the adapter through the metal to metal USB plug and socket into the MJ+. I haven't had heat issues when running the MJ+ from a computer USB port.

-As other posters have suggested, I added the short USB cable between the MJ+ and the power adapter and the MJ+ was noticeably cooler .

-I also added two passive heat sinks to the MJ+, and the MJ+ hasn't been more than comfortably warm since.

-Specifically, I put a round cake pan upside down close to my computer and a power bar. I placed the MJ+ flat on the pan (couldn't put it in the center as the USB cable is too short), and gently put a large pot with a thick metal base on top of the MJ+.

-The short USB cable supplied with the MJ+ is just long enough to stretch between the power bar and the MJ+ on the upside down cake pan, with enough room for the pot to balance on top of the MJ+ without sliding off. A smaller pot would have no problem at all.

-As an aside, if someone did want to run their MJ+ plugged directly into the power adapter, this particular passive heat sink setup wouldn't work. The power adapter is thicker than the MJ+, so the MJ+ won't lie flat and a pot on top of the MJ+ will be at an angle and slide off . Putting a USB cable, which is thinner than a MJ+, between the power adapter and the MJ+ solves this problem.

-I just used spare pots and pans that were at hand. Both pan and pot have 10" diameters. Any flat metal surface in contact with the MJ+ will conduct heat away from it, cooling it down. The sides of the pan and pot act as cooling fins, increasing surface area and cooling ability. You could also use just one pot or pan, either laying the MJ+ on top of an upside down pot/pan, or putting a right side up pot/pan on top of the MJ+ as it lies on a desk or shelf.

-I received my MJ+ a week ago and will set this up more permanently in a while. I will use a longer USB cable so the MJ+ can be in the center of the pot and pan. Ideally I will somehow secure upper and lower pan/pot so I can hang the whole thing at the back of the shelf, out of the way, and where it will get more air circulation which helps with the cooling. I may get up the courage to take off the MJ+ casing and drill ventilation holes as LivinLarge posted above.

Would love to hear of any other passive cooling ideas (eg no cost once set up).

And a shout out to LivinLarge for the YouTube link showing a MJ+ being opened up.

DY
LivinLarge
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Problem DeepYellow, Just trying to come up with different ideas. And In order to make my vented cover I just took of the one side of my MagicJack Plus . The plastic cover on the side that has the word "magicJack " on it. it just pops right off its only stuck on with double stick tape. I just took it off took a piece of flat plastic ,traced out my original cover cut and new cover and used a paper punch and punched out about 20 holes. Anyway well keep the ideas coming. Right now I have mine plugged into an electrical out let ,no USB extension, and turned my fan off. And its been working fine for the past few weeks. 3 hour + conversations no drop offs. Well see how long this lasts.
DeepYellow
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi LivinLarge,

Thanks for the detailed step-by-step description of your cooling solution, and how it's working out for you.

The MJ+ plugged directly into the power adapter seems to be the hottest configuration, so it's impressive your device is running without any problems such as dropped calls.

The thing that had been holding me back from ventilating the MJ+ case was voiding the warranty and losing the ability to return the MJ+ for a replacement if it was defective. But if your holes are only in the copy of the plastic cover, the original cover could be put back on if the unit failed, and so sent back.

What do you think of the idea of just removing the cover and leaving the top of the case open?

Take care,

DY
LivinLarge
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, DeepYellow..I think for our BETA testing (lol)this will work fine..as long as your not in a damp or very humid location. Ya, just pop the cover right off .And see how it goes.
Denny2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for you all information, when I called Magic Jack customer support and told them my Magic Jack Plus was overheating, they sent me a new one and DID NOT WANT THE OLD ONE BACK.....So don't worry about voiding any warranty or punching holes in the case.
Denny
LivinLarge
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Denny...great information there. I did not know that.
Denny2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Livin Large,
I was SHOCKED that they did not want the old one back, they sent me everything, the USB cable, power adapter, Magic Jack Plus, I've still got the old original Magic Jack plus and all the things that went with it. All Magic Jack wanted was $9.95 for shipping.......
Denny
Mayo
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you guys.Thats one of the first things I noticed about the magic jack was how HOT it was....so

After reading this i decided to get an exacto blade and pop the front plate off my magic jack. I then got a plastic lid from strawberries and cut it to the size of the magic jack.. I then poped 10-15 holes in the plastic top with a paper holr punch and then taped it back into the place the "magic Jack faceplate" sat. I obviously kept the magic jack faceplate so i can make it "original" at anytime.

I will report back on how it works ...

I also wanted to add I have been thinking maybe its a static build up in the magic jack itself? And I was thinking if you put the magic jack on a powerbar with a timer and have it shut off even for only a few minutes in the middle of the night... if that would work... its just a guess.

Any updates on the guys for this thread? Love to hear them if you do.
Mayo
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24 hours MG is working perfect so far will update again.
Denny2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you need a lid on the Magic Jack Plus, I have taken my entire case off of mine for great ventelation.
Denny
Mayo
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think you need a lid on the Magic Jack Plus, I have taken my entire case off of mine for great ventelation.
Denny

I agree 100% my Magic jack been working perfect since I poped the front "faceplate" off of it. I think it was a major design flaw to not have any heat vents built into the magic jack, no wonder so many bad reviews it took me a long time to figure out the problem (thanks to this thread)

Denny does your magic jack now work pretty much perfectly? if so how long?
Denny2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayo, Works perfectly for the past 2 months...No problem at all.
Denny
LivinLarge
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most recently I've had a few drop offs , but I think what is happening in this case my internet connection is faulty. I don't seem to have many problems, but if it rains outside I have more drop calls. Must be getting a small surge and then disconnects, and then i have to flush the router and modem. Then it works fine. But I'm thinking a lot of my MJ problems are probably faulty cable connection problems. Well be looking into that idea. I don't have much rain here so... But MJ temperature seems to be fine
LivinLarge
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: My Magic Jack Flashing blue light Reply with quote

My MJ plus was acting strange today. Dropping off a few times. Sounded like a FAX machine was running in backgound a couple times. Wouldn't hold a dial tone. But if you tried enough times the call would finally go through. Now it is just flashing a blue light. and it will only work if i plug it into my computer. I double checked connections, power source all seem to be fine. Hey Denny2 , if i tell them my MJ is overheating will that come with a new receptacle to USB adapter or will it only come with the MagicJack? Also my MJ plus is over a year old will they still cover it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: