magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

magic jack plus "beeps"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sicnarf
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my MJ+ the other day and was so excited to have it. I've used the phone a couple of times today. The first call in the morning there was no beeping, but during my call during lunch it sounded like someone pressing a button on the phone. I'll have to try the fix here to see what happens. I really want to get rid of my phone service from Comcast!
nicraz
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sicnarf wrote:
Just got my MJ+ the other day and was so excited to have it. I've used the phone a couple of times today. The first call in the morning there was no beeping, but during my call during lunch it sounded like someone pressing a button on the phone. I'll have to try the fix here to see what happens. I really want to get rid of my phone service from Comcast!

Do you have any other services with comcast? I have phone and internet and we found out that if we canceled our phone our internet rate would go up, making savings minimal.
RobQ
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm paying $78.67 (taxes included) for internet and basic cable from Comcast. I bought my own cable modem w/c Comcast charged 2 or 5 dollars per month. My phone is free from Nettalk TK6000 first generation. Life is good...
sicnarf
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobQ wrote:
I'm paying $78.67 (taxes included) for internet and basic cable from Comcast. I bought my own cable modem w/c Comcast charged 2 or 5 dollars per month. My phone is free from Nettalk TK6000 first generation. Life is good...

A friend of mine has internet and basic cable and he's paying about $55. After dropping my phone service I'm going to ask for the package my friend has. Since my work pays $30 towards my internet service I'll only have to pay the balance. Smile
edknn
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved my MJ Plus about 4 feet from my modem and router and have not experienced any beeps since. If this continues working, my question is why didn't the people at MJ figure it out? Makes you wonder how they ever developed the product in the first place.
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edknn wrote:
I moved my MJ Plus about 4 feet from my modem and router and have not experienced any beeps since. If this continues working, my question is why didn't the people at MJ figure it out? Makes you wonder how they ever developed the product in the first place.

Moved the MJ+ device away from the wireless router not one single beep in over a month. Very Happy
sarge912
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: beeps are gone - got a longer cable Reply with quote

I had to move my MJ+ about 8 feet away from my wifi but the beeps seems to be gone now. They need to give a longer cable, the one they supply is too short.
Dalton63841
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange... My modem, airport extreme, and Magicjack Plus are all mere inches from each other and I don't get any beeping.
galeso
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Any benefits for Google Voice users with MJ+ like more rings Reply with quote

MagicJack picks up too soon, can this be changed with the MJ+?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: