magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic Jack on Trixbox or any other SIP device.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
genxweb
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Magic Jack on Trixbox or any other SIP device. Reply with quote

I spent days on Google and this forum trying to get this work and reproduce the results to make sure I had all the kinks ironed out. I am now glad to offer the rest of the forum members a one stop setup guide from unwraping it to creating your own pbx in one location.

I posted the article on my blog at http://www.digitaloffensive.com

be warn it is long and detailed and provides clear and accurate images. Some of the steps may be able to be done in a easier way but these steps will provide you with the correct results and output each time. So don't cut cornors.

This has been tested on the newest firmware as well.

Thanks
kitkat0981
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should do one write up for 3cx
genxweb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe in the near future that was a sponsored project to do this one. So if any one want to donate a new jack or anything we can get a cracking on creating one for the 3cx.
Spider210
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read your article and was able to make sure I had the right password and I did it worked

now I been trying to get this to work on an itouch. what app would this work with I've just about tried them all and been trying to connect them to mjmd5 but haven't got any of them to work. Tried many settings but can't get any to work.
digitize
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a Trixbox you can use the app call IAX on the Itouch (do a search on the Apple store and it is free). It works great! The Trixbox is very flexible. You can use the IAX app with the Itouch at any wifi hotspot and register back to the Trixbox to make calls via MagicJack or to your local extensions off the Trixbox. You will have to do some reading to figure it all out. IAX protocol has some advantages over SIP especially over the Internet due to the number of ports SIP uses.
Spider210
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of Trixbox can you use MJMD5 and use that IAX program?
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spider210 wrote:
Instead of Trixbox can you use MJMD5 and use that IAX program?

Short answer is no. IAX is a different VOIP protocol than sip, which MJ and MJMD5 use. Asterisk (the heart of Trickbox) can work with either protocol and therefore handles the translation for you.
genxweb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I do with my itocuh and my buddies iPhone is we use a standard sip client with wifi and allow inbound connections to our trixbox. The phones are setup with extensions in the trixbox configuration and thats all we need. If you dont have trixbox you can do the same with the mjmd5.exe just open up inbound traffic and nat eh public IP of your router to a private ip of your computer running the proxy. This can be dangerous mind you allowing inbound connections but that's how you need it to work. If you are trying o do it on the same network and not remotely then you do not have to open any ports. just use the IP of the computer running the mjmd5 and dont forget the ip:5070 or what ever listen port you use as the domain or proxy setting depending on your client.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent writeup this is a very good guide for people wanting different things from MJ.
Spider210
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

genxweb wrote:
What I do with my itocuh and my buddies iPhone is we use a standard sip client with wifi and allow inbound connections to our trixbox. The phones are setup with extensions in the trixbox configuration and thats all we need. If you dont have trixbox you can do the same with the mjmd5.exe just open up inbound traffic and nat eh public IP of your router to a private ip of your computer running the proxy. This can be dangerous mind you allowing inbound connections but that's how you need it to work. If you are trying o do it on the same network and not remotely then you do not have to open any ports. just use the IP of the computer running the mjmd5 and dont forget the ip:5070 or what ever listen port you use as the domain or proxy setting depending on your client.

What sip client you use? I've been trying them all and can't seem to get it to work. I've used the mjmd5 and xlite and it works fine so I know my password is right. I've used my computer ip to connect to 192.168.1.5 with my itouch at 192.168.1.6 but still can't seem to get it to work. Don't know which sip client works so I've downloaded about 5 or 6 free ones and tried those.
genxweb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use this one http://www.fring.com/download/iphone/
manachinu
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed these instructions and have a working setup of trixbox and mj. i can connect using sip client internally but when i try to login to my extension over the internet i get error "Method not Allowed" I have port forwarding for TCP&UDP for 5060, 5070, 5080 to the trixbox server. Appreciate if anyone knows how to get this working.
kitkat0981
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

genxweb wrote:
Maybe in the near future that was a sponsored project to do this one. So if any one want to donate a new jack or anything we can get a cracking on creating one for the 3cx.

I was able to get it working on my 3CX install with MJMD5.

My issue is I dont want 3CX to run the proxy. I have a DNS323 running funplug (linux scaled down versioon) and MJPROXY does not work on linux.

Does anyone know if you can get another linux standard proxy to do what mjproxy does on a standard linux o/s?

Or better yet, I'm planning on installing Debian on my DNS323, so wondering what proxy i could use and/or if mjproxy will work on that.

What is DD-WRT based on? which flavour of linux?

Ans can someone post a link to the MJPROXY download aswell? not the ipkg version but the other one.

Thanks...
Spider210
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

genxweb wrote:
I use this one http://www.fring.com/download/iphone/

I've got fring. What setting you use to get it to work with mjmd5?
Spider210
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For example in fring i put
user - EXXXXXXXXXX01
pass - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
proxy - 192.168.1.7:5070

192.168.1.7 is the computer I have hosting the mjmd5 (yes they are on same network)

fring just gives me an error after about 60seconds "User ID or password is incorrect"

any thoughts would be great

also is it possible i have an old version of mjmd5?
genxweb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitkat0981 wrote:
genxweb wrote:

I was able to get it working on my 3CX install with MJMD5.

My issue is I dont want 3CX to run the proxy. I have a DNS323 running funplug (linux scaled down versioon) and MJPROXY does not work on linux.

Does anyone know if you can get another linux standard proxy to do what mjproxy does on a standard linux o/s?

Or better yet, I'm planning on installing Debian on my DNS323, so wondering what proxy i could use and/or if mjproxy will work on that.

What is DD-WRT based on? which flavour of linux?

Ans can someone post a link to the MJPROXY download aswell? not the ipkg version but the other one.

Thanks...

MJPROXY does work on Linux you need to compile it and make sure you are not using the tomato version of it. My article gives a direct link to a working copy you have to extract it and compile it.
genxweb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spider210 wrote:
For example in fring i put
user - EXXXXXXXXXX01
pass - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
proxy - 192.168.1.7:5070

192.168.1.7 is the computer I have hosting the mjmd5 (yes they are on same network)

fring just gives me an error after about 60seconds "User ID or password is incorrect"

any thoughts would be great

also is it possible i have an old version of mjmd5?

If I remember to day I will have a friend test. You can also try testing it using your public IP if you got the ports open. Also make sure you are using the wifi and ot the 3g as 3g will get blocked and not actually connect to the 192.
kitkat0981
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

genxweb wrote:

MJPROXY does work on Linux you need to compile it and make sure you are not using the tomato version of it. My article gives a direct link to a working copy you have to extract it and compile it.

ok i got it recompiled and it seems to work but 3cx is not saying th provider is up. 3cx says 503 service unavailable.
genxweb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded the magic jack suite with the sipdump.exe to my site for download since the original links are dead.
genxweb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitkat0981 wrote:
genxweb wrote:

ok i got it recompiled and it seems to work but 3cx is not saying th provider is up. 3cx says 503 service unavailable.

If you are running 3cx that is windows based why don't you just use mjmd5.exe? I could not help as I don't know your config.
tdbone1
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had mjproxy running on my dd-wrt router (wrt54gl v1.1) and had my computer hooked upto it with lan cord and i was running x-lite and it all worked fine.

when i tried with my ppc 6800 titan phone running fring i cant get it to work.

any advice?
thanks
genxweb

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from past experience some versions of fringe does not allow for the 20 character password and some cell companies block SIP ports. So I would suggest using wifi and trying another SIP application or setting up a vpn tunnel.

The other issue is can be the NAT blocking the calls if you are not on the same LAN. Check my site I put a article on their how to deal with NAT and SIP.
tdbone1
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it works on the laptop running x-lite (over WIFI or over lan)

do you know what version of fring take the 20character password?
also mjproxy is on the router at 192.168.1.1
how do i tell fring in the (proxy entry box) to connect to it?
'192.168.1.1:5070' ?

must be something wrong with fring or maybe the magicjack people can tell if i have it running on different hardware.
i read somewhere someone said it cant be used on more then 2 devices...which i doubt it is true since you can take the mj usb dongle anywhere and use it on a different computer.
tdbone1
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump

its been a few days so i figure ill bump it.
genxweb

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think any version of fringe allows 20 chars passwords. You will need to contact them on that.

On the router do port forwarding of 5070 to the internal IP and plug the external IP:5070 on the fringe or other client.
foganime
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These instructions work great, thanks!

I'm using X-Lite as my softphone but the TigerJet TjInit utility doesn't allow me to go on- and off- hook easily with a physical phone connected.

Anyone figure out a way to make this work a la the SDK calls used by "XlitejackPlugin"... ?

Of course, XlitejackPlugin makes the assumption that you're going to use the legit MagicJack client for its calls and something like a VOIPbuster or Vonage for the X-Lite calls making it useless for this scenario...

Last edited by foganime on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
genxweb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I cant help you there I never heard of that utility before. I use a cisco 7940 phone with mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: