magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magic jack not supported on MAC OS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Using magicJack on a Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FooledAgain
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Magic jack not supported on MAC OS

I went thru two different tech support staff for over an hour to determine why my Magic Jack wasn't working on my Apple Mac. They finally responded with this fact "The Mac OS 10.6.7 is not supported yet"
When I asked when it will be supported or why that wasn't on the website FAQ they had no response other than that isn't their responsibility
Does anyone have any suggestions for a work around?
zegreatone
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Absolutely unimpressed

If you Google "magic jack mac" the top few hits are pages talking about firmware and updates you have to apply to a Magic Jack to get it to work with a Mac. One says if you purchased your unit between March 8 and April 12, you must apply an update. However, NOWHERE IS THERE A YEAR, and it's impossible to know how current this page is. The page talks about support in release 10.4 (which was about four years ago) and about release "11.0 and higher" (which doesn't even exist -- Lion will be 10.7), but then says the upgrade is "total Mac beta." Given the attention to detail exhibited on this website, I'm not sure I'd jack this device even into YOUR Mac.
PFortman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Mac OS 10.6.7 Vs MagicJack

Having been a successful user of MagicJack on my MacMini Intel since April 2008, I was frustrated to find it quit working early this year. Two different lengthy Tech Chat sessions failed to resolve problem of crashing and even escalating the chat to different techies showed they hadn't a clue. Finally MagicTalk replaced MagicJack in the on-screen dialer and I couldn't get rid of it. Called Billing and cancelled my Magic Jack account.
tlmurray
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic jack not supported on Mac OS

I had an issue a few weeks ago -- that *I* figured out -- and was told by one chat person that mJ is not Snow Leopard compatible, by a second that it was, and by a third that is was not, and there are betas it the works.

I have an issue where about half the time the other party cannot hear me. This happens with both a USB headset and with the internal microphone.
styxjr
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Working on my MacBook Pro

I'm using MacOSX 10.8.2 on a MacBook Pro 2009 (2.53GHz Core 2 Duo). Plugged in the magic jack for the first time and it automatically prompted to launch the app by dbl-clicking. The app opened and I was set to go. No problems so far.
PhoenixCodes
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: No problems

I've got no problems on an older MacBook (2008 model) running 10.6
picklebreath
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Mac

Just set myself up with MJ + on MacAir 2011 10.8.2 works like a charm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Using magicJack on a Mac All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: