magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic Jack App issue when using Call Forwarding!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
notdeadyet
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Magic Jack App issue when using Call Forwarding! Reply with quote

as mentioned in another post, I've had problems with my Call Forwarded MJ number going to voicemail when the landline Call Forwarded to was busy. For years callers would get a busy signal which is what I wanted, but over the past year MJ calls started go voicemail when I was busy on the landline. It fixed itself once for a few months, then started again a few months ago, and again we tried everything to find the problem, including MJ sending me a NEW MJ Go free of charge, but nothing changed.

So yesterday I was fooling around with my wife's new Ipad she got in Feb, and noticed the MJ App icon...clicked it, and it activated my MJ phone number as expected. WELL, now every time the landline now rang from a CF MJ call, the Ipad rang as well, and that's when it hit me. What was happening when I was busy on the landline, a MJ call would still go to the MJ App and since it hadn't been activated, it went to voice mail. Once I activated it yesterday, now the calls just kept ringing, and no voice mail.

So I contacted Live Chat last night, and after an hour of this and that, I finally asked them to deactivate both my MJ Apps I had listed, which they did, and as soon as they did, the CF MJ calls now get a busy signal when the landline is busy...YAHOO!!!!!!!!! The MJ App is meant to always ring on your Ipad/Iphone even when it's ringing at home, and there seems to be no way of separating them for now, and that's the issue! You can CF the MJplus/MJgo, but not the MJ App.

FYI, there's a setup for Call Forwarding the MJ App numbers, but even though it shows ON in the account page, the Live Chat operator said that my account still showed the CF inactive for MJ APPs, and that's why I had them deactivated...I never used them anyway Smile the only way to stop the ringing on the Ipad it turned out was to REMOVE the MJ App icon from the screen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: