magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

magic jack and the mac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgp
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: magic jack and the mac Reply with quote

I am using a MacBook with version 10.5.2 and intel core duo....I have been trying unsuccessfully to download the upgrade to use it on my mac. I have tried on a pc(where the phone works fine) and on a mac and have spent ad nauseum hours with (no)tech on the chat appellet. I have two magic jacks and neither one will load on the mac. I get a disk insertion notice and that it is not readable by this computer. Can anyone help before I have to send them back...Thanks
Sad
AsparagusBear
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plug the MagicJack into a powered USB hub and ignore the disk error message... You can try it without a powered USB hub but I have heard that the ports on the Macbook are under powered.

Then try this link first, and if neither of those options describe your situation then try the second link...

1) http://www.magicjack.com/1/mac.asp

2) http://www.magicjack.com/1/magicfix.asp

The magicfix uses a java applet to check your magicjack, so make sure that your current.

I had to use the first link and update the firmware and then did the magicfix just to make sure... worked like a charm.
jesschoen
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased my magicJack before March 8 from magicJack and do not remember if it was in a clear package.

My MJ seems to be working OK and I do not know if I need the upgrade or not.

What exactly would the upgrade do in my situation?

Thanks for any comments.

James
pachy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Did the page change? Reply with quote

I don't see any update/upgrade option on the first link above
AsparagusBear
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Did the page change? Reply with quote

pachy wrote:
I don't see any update/upgrade option on the first link above

You are correct. It would seem that the first link is no longer valid and that the MagicJack team have removed the actual link that contained the upgrade utility. The second link is still valid however.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: