magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"LUCKY YOU" Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speaker2112
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also noticing the 2 CDROM-USB drives associated with MJ are no longer showing up in Windows Explorer either and seem completely inaccessible.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest release of all the PCPhoneSoft downloadable software plugins for magicJack (Magicfeatures 1.07, Skyjack 1.07, Xlitejack 1.05, Magicsilence 1.05) are compatible with the latest magicJack "Lucky You" upgrade that starting hitting many users today.

The latest releases are all available for download from the "Download" page at the http://www.pcphonesoft.com website.

The exception is the free Magicsilence plugin tool and it is available at http://tools.pcphonesoft.com or http://www.magicsilence.com .

Last edited by redpepper on Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
vikecowboy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still cannot fax with the new upgrade. Will have to try the downgrade option this evening to get back to an older version and see if I can fax again. Actually I don't think the downgrade will work anymore - is this correct?

Thanks

Last edited by vikecowboy on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
tsmith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaker2112 wrote:
I'm also noticing the 2 CDROM-USB drives associated with MJ are no longer showing up in Windows Explorer either and seem completely inaccessible.

They show up in My Computer as CD Drive L: and Removable Disk M:, but Drive M: is not longer accessible for formatting, etc. They're pretty much just for show now.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaker2112:

The only "safe" way I have now found to remove it is to open Task Mgr, end magicjack.exe, then safely remove hardware as we did in the past from the tray on the lower right of the screen ( well for me XP SP3)

Joe Sica

Last edited by bitstopjoe on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RobbyG
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the User-Agent string change with the update?
tommmy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost the ability to fax again. I tried the down grade and it will not stick now.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommmy wrote:
Lost the ability to fax again. I tried the down grade and it will not stick now.

When the downgrade worked MJ knew we were using it and did not push through an update, till today. So now they "assume" they fixed all of their issues we will no longer be allowed to have any other version other than the latest. UNLESS enough people have problems and they allow them, and everyone else who chooses, to downgrade again.
So email [email protected] and complain and suggest everyone else do the same IF they are still having problems. This worked in Jan when they first pushed through an update which messed up the contacts ( an other things)and offered a downgrade. However if you bitch about not being able to fax? They will ignore you as MJ doesnt officially support faxing. If it works for you, then you are lucky, if not, MJ doesnt really care.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my "lucky you" upgrade. I think this is the 1st time I've ever gotten an upgrade w/o a reboot of the system or restart of MJ. All of a sudden I saw a purple "ad" which was saying an upgrade was coming. It looked like it was having problems restarting, but it got the contact list and I made a few calls. Call quality was fine. I was having some problems with the old version - I would lose dial-tone on the handset (but the softphone would continue to work) and the last few nights it appeared to be have DTMF recognition issues losing random digits when dialing. As for removing MJ, I just yank it out like I do with all of my USB devices. Windows USB drivers really do support auto unmounting of USB devices.
tsmith

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even have to reboot to get the newer version. My laptop runs continuously 24/7, but this morning I couldn't get a dial tone. Looked at the laptop and my firewall had a notice that a new version of magicJack wanted to connect to the Internet. Once I clicked OK I then had to re-register, and then got my dial tone (and contact list) back. Had a few audio problems for a while afterwards, but it seems to have leveled out now.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobbyG wrote:

useragent=MagicJack/1.92.530e (SJ Labs)
mhaugrud
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running magicjack on a T5710 thin client. When the upgrade came, my magicjack stopped working. I said you have to plug magicjack into a usb port. It was plugged in but I tried another port. Magicjack began running and started to upgrade itself. Once again I got the message that it must be plugged in. I was getting pretty frustrated but didn't want to spend a couple hours chatting with their tech support. So I decided to try turning off the Sygate security. After that magicjack was able to restart and upgrade with no apparent problems. There had been no message indicating that Sygate was blocking traffic for this upgrade. However that was the problem. I reactivated Sygate after the upgrade and magicjack continues to work.
VoipDude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VaHam wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Thanks VaHam, I was looking for this info.
RobbyG
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VaHam wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Cool - thanks VaHam for the info!
TransferCutter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This explains why when I went onto the computer that my MJ is plugged into, I had the login box yesterday. MJ is working fine for me this time (unlike in Jan) but I did loose my contacts and call history.

If you're having problems, write to [email protected]
I did this back in Janurary and after a few e-mails, they decided that my MJ needed replacing. They shipped me a replacement, free.
Abzon
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The contact list never has downloaded from MJ servers it is and always has been in the MJ It just can't load it after each upgrade .....I was told so by the tech support .
Hey but "LUCKY ME" they are working on it ( and I am sure it is of their highest priority devoting all their resources to it ) Rolling Eyes
Ever notice how the Spam window always loads .....it Does come from their servers ..... They just don't care . As long as you can make and calls receive calls their positions is that it is working perfectly
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure whatever tech told you that is wrong..

Ever since the early Jan update MJ moved our contacts to their server, and the contact list problem as been here ever since.

But, believe what you wish.

Joe Sica
Abzon
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
I am pretty sure whatever tech told you that is wrong..

Ever since the early Jan update MJ moved our contacts to their server, and the contact list problem as been here ever since.

But, believe what you wish.

Joe Sica

It really makes no difference to me if they are wrong or not so long as they get it fixed if they really want to store all the Contacts from all of the MJ users on their servers that really makes little sense...hey you never know their techs have also said that the contacts would reappear in anywhere from 15 min to 2 hours .....still waiting and its been 5 days But like I said before
"LUCKY ME" they are working on it ( and I am sure it is of their highest priority devoting all their resources to it ) Laughing
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully after this latest update my contact list came right back. Loads A.S.A.P as soon and I power on my PC and my MJ boots. Not sure why mine works and yours does not ( though you are not the only one).
I would suggest emailing [email protected] and see what happens. I had the same problem as you after the early Jan update. They finally made a downgrade avail. which fixed the problem.

Cant hurt to try.

Joe Sica
newtoncd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abzon wrote:
The contact list never has downloaded from MJ servers it is and always has been in the MJ It just can't load it after each upgrade .....I was told so by the tech support .
Hey but "LUCKY ME" they are working on it ( and I am sure it is of their highest priority devoting all their resources to it ) Rolling Eyes
Ever notice how the Spam window always loads .....it Does come from their servers ..... They just don't care . As long as you can make and calls receive calls their positions is that it is working perfectly

Did you try and reset your Internet Explorer settings? I did that (under Tools -> Options -> Advance) and the contacts downloaded as soon as I hit ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: