magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Linux softphones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on Linux
View previous topic :: View next topic  
falserepellant
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not very good at linux but I use it from time to time to learn. I was trying to connect MJ in linux. I tried to follow the instructions in this thread; however, I have a couple of questions:

1. when I try to click Register from Registration menu in Twinkle a popup window opens that asks me to enter User name and Password and the window says "Login required for realm: stratus.com"

2. In setting SIP authentication do I create a new Password or in one of the post replies it said that 20 characters MJ password.. I bought magic jack almost 8 months ago, and I don't remember they ever gave me that 20 characters password. The only password I have is the login to the my.magicjack.com
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

gnimsh
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the tools here: http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/stroths-mj-utilities-suite-1-6-sip-grabber-upgrader-more-t4230.html

They will help you find your SIP info (login name and password)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kif Kroker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to extract the username and password from the MJ. You can use the Strohs tool in the following link to extract them.

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/stroths-mj-utilities-suite-1-6-sip-grabber-upgrader-more-t4230.html
gnimsh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kif Hah I beat you! :p j/k.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kif Kroker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn you! LOL Smile

Your just quicker on the draw gnimsh. Smile
falserepellant
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll check it out over the weekend.
nayten
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tutorial seems to work great for me, but it seems that I'm unable to receive calls. Any advice?
gnimsh

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To start with, can you give your system information, distro and version, what program you're using, audio setup, stuff like. Also if you can explain in detail what happens when you receive an incoming call that would help too.
nayten
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using Ubuntu 9.04, Twinkle 1.3.2. I'm using a mic/speaker plug generic headset.

Everything works great for making calls. When I call my number, it rings just one time (sounds like it gets cut off) and goes straight to my MagicJack voicemail, as if my MagicJack is not online.

Not sure what you're looking for more in-depth than that. I got my SIP info using the MJ Utilities Suite, and it seems as though that's all running well since I can make calls.
gnimsh

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm I've never experienced that. Make sure you have call forwarding disabled.

I'm on 8.04 as my headset, along with various other devices, would not work in 9.04. I can't really test it myself for this reason, unfortunately.
nayten
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what I did differently other than a reboot, but works like a charm now! Thanks for the help.
gnimsh

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the mysteries of linux. Sometimes a reboot is all that's needed Smile
stav

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Twinkle on Ubuntu, few issues Reply with quote

First of, thanks to gnimsch and all the fellows that worked so hard to post all these goodies.
I followed gnimsch step-by-step instructions installing Twinkle and MJ on Ubuntu9.04 and I get the following error message, "Cannot reach the STUN Server STUN:proxy01.miami.talk4free.com:5070. If you are behind a firewall then you need to open followingUDP ports , Poerts 5060 (SIP signaling) Ports 8000-8005 (RTP/RTCP).".
anyone has a suggestion on how to overcome this?
I haven't installed any firewall on Ubuntu and have no firewall on my wireless router either.
Thx,
Stav
gnimsh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On your sip server settings in twinkle, make sure "registrar" looks like: proxy1.Miami.talk4free.com:5070

Check the "register at startup" box.

Under "outbound proxy" use the same line as above (proxy1.Minneapolis.talk4free.com:5070)

Check the FAQ page from twinkle and search for STUN, as it seems to address this problem: http://www.xs4all.nl/~mfnboer/twinkle/index.html

Finally, you may try logging into your modem at 192.168.1.1 or maybe 192.168.0.1. The IP address depends on your modem brand but its usually one of those. From there you should be able to enable portforwarding for the required ports. Good luck!
stav

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I opened the ports and it works now.
However, I cannot use my phone to place and answer calls. The headset works fine, though. Any hint on how to overcome this ? The audio settings are all defaults (OSS conexant).
Thanks for helping,
Stav
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on Linux All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: