magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
linux softphone problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on Linux
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gnimsh
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: linux softphone problem Reply with quote

OK so, I've recently switched to linux and yes, I've had success with VMware and magicjack, but what I'd really like to do is keep it in linux. To that end, I've installed Twinkle, a highly rated SIP phone for linux. I'm able to fill in all the info correctly (something that eludes me in wengophone and that other one that Kumar has told me about but which I can't remember.

Anyway, all that stuff comes up properly, but then when I try to make the program register the weird dialog comes up. It shows my name, my username and IP of the server I'm trying to connect to, and then it says "login required for realm: stratus.com"

I have no idea what stratus.com is or why I would need a login for it. Perhaps I am doing something wrong? Maybe I'm getting confused as to what domain and realm mean in comparison to user domain and proxy domain as per the original softphone walkthrough. Can any of you gurus do any traces with some program or other and see if you find MJ doing anything with stratus.com?

All other input is appreciated too. Thanks everyone.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SIP uses a digest authentication scheme that is essentially the same as that for WWW; see http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2617.html . In MJ, the username is a 13-character string, usually E<phonenumber>01 . The password is usually 20 characters, consisting of digits and uppercase letters. If you have not supplied the correct user/pass, the softphone will likely query you for it. It tells you the 'realm', which is a string supplied by the server as part of the challenge. In this case, the server vendor is Stratus, so they happened to use stratus.com as the realm string.
gnimsh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I guess I should've said this before...at this point with stratus I was prompted for a login, so I tried both my username and sip password and then my MJ account login, and neither worked, so I'm in the dark as to what might actually work for that...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"login required for realm: stratus.com"

Dictionary definition: A large dark low cloud.

Don't ask why I posted this, it just struck me as a fitting analogy.
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A correct registration sequence is:
Client sends REGISTER request.
Server responds: 401 UnAuthorized, with WWW-Authenticate: header.
Client sends another REGISTER request, with Authorization: header.
Server responds: 200 OK.

Use Wireshark or tcpdump to see what's happening. If you don't see the 2nd REGISTER, you have a config problem. If the 2nd REGISTER gets a 401 response, then the user name or password is wrong (or you are connecting to the wrong proxy). Note that MJ does not use an "auth ID"; the From: field of the register must contain the same account name e.g. E212555121201 as the username field in the Authorization: header.

Are you able to register another softphone with your MJ account?
gnimsh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know, come to think of it...I don't think so. I've tried xlite, ekiga, wengophone and twinkle on linux, and none of them work. I even tried xlite in windows and it couldn't connect either. I'll have to try it again tomorrow when I can get a LAN connection (my wireless driver in windows doesn't work atm) but the MJ itself works just fine. Frustrating...
jodiefields007
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Check it!! VoIP SIP SDK soft phone Reply with quote

During my searching for the VOIP solution i found http://VOIPSIPSDK.com
which offering many Freature that include:
* Registrar support
* Dynamically loadable codecs
* SIP Proxy authentication
* Multi-party voice conference
* Play wav files into conversation
* Record conversation into file
* Hold/Retrieve call
* Forward Call (Blind Call Transfer)
* Transfer Call (Attended Transfer)
* Mute Sound
* Authorization Id
* Noise reduction
* Auto gain

And Many Other services they offer

many Available codecs:
* G.711-ALaw
* G.711-uLaw
* G.726 (16k 24k 32k 40k)
* G.729
* G.729A
* iLBC
* LPC-10
* Speex (Narrow, Wide)
* g723.1Before
Before I will Buy its Premier version I would like to get reviews from Peoples experience.
Here's Softphone screenShot
Alan332pf
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Quentin Reply with quote

What is a man's first duty? The answer is brief: To be himself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on Linux All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: