magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Keep my existing phone number and use MagicJack Plus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hothursm
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Keep my existing phone number and use MagicJack Plus

Hi,is

I just ordered MJP. I have COMCAST triple play and already have a landline number (using COMCAST VOIP service). I would like to keep this number. With MJP I would like to request a new number.

Can I have two phone numbers even though both go through the same router? I just wanted to confirm that this can be done.

Thanks.
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject:

There's no inherent conflict between Comcast's "digital voice" service and MJ's voip service; it should work.

However, if you've got Comcast's phone line "feeding" into your house (or office) phone wiring, you will not be able to also do the same with your MJ+ - in that situation, you will need to connect a phone (or cordless phone base station) directly to the MJ+... you can't have phone service from two different providers running on the same interior wires, if you know what I mean.
hothursm
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject:

SteveHC,

Thanks for your clarification.

Comcast digital phone line is connected directly to their phone jack in their modem/router box. So, I will connect my new MJ+ phone line directly to MJ+ and connect MJ+ to the modem/router with a ethernet cable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: