magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Keep app from popping up.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RolandHazoto wrote:
Try maximizing a video in Windows Media Player and you will not see it affected. Now try fullscreening a video in Window Media Player and you will see the video switch back to windowed/maximized when you call yourself.

It seems this is a standard "full screen" behavior. Not specific to MagicJack.

I just watched a movie in Windows Media Player and activated a different window (the web browser, a folder which was already open on the desktop). Instead of just popping up over the movie as occurs when a window is maximized, the fullscreen movie switches to maximized mode (not minimized).

Calling myself causes the same behavior.

So, this seems to be natural behavior. And, non of the so-called blockers will help because they all detect the condition after it occurs. You could try PM'ing the author of magicBlock and ask him if he can detect the application who's focus was stolen, whether it was in fullscreen mode, and put that application back in fullscreen.

That's probably as good as it gets. Otherwise, spend $60-$100 on an HP thin client. Install MJ on that (or an old laptop if you have one laying around). You'd have other benefits from an always-on, dedicated system.

Mark
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

RolandHazoto
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

az2008 wrote:
RolandHazoto wrote:
Try maximizing a video in Windows Media Player and you will not see it affected. Now try fullscreening a video in Window Media Player and you will see the video switch back to windowed/maximized when you call yourself.

It seems this is a standard "full screen" behavior. Not specific to MagicJack.

I just watched a movie in Windows Media Player and activated a different window (the web browser, a folder which was already open on the desktop). Instead of just popping up over the movie as occurs when a window is maximized, the fullscreen movie switches to maximized mode (not minimized).

Calling myself causes the same behavior.

So, this seems to be natural behavior. And, non of the so-called blockers will help because they all detect the condition after it occurs. You could try PM'ing the author of magicBlock and ask him if he can detect the application who's focus was stolen, whether it was in fullscreen mode, and put that application back in fullscreen.

That's probably as good as it gets. Otherwise, spend $60-$100 on an HP thin client. Install MJ on that (or an old laptop if you have one laying around). You'd have other benefits from an always-on, dedicated system.

Mark

Well the thing is, my instant messenger plays a sound when I have an e-mail and even has a small notification pop up. But that does not steal focus... Now if someone IM's me, that will steal focus, but that is a setting I can adjust at my choosing...
So, I see no reason why it would not be possible to cause magicjack to just play the ringing noise in the bg so that I know the phone is ringing (just like the email noise when I have an email) and not steal focus...
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RolandHazoto wrote:
So, I see no reason why it would not be possible to cause magicjack to just play the ringing noise in the bg so that I know the phone is ringing (just like the email noise when I have an email) and not steal focus...

I agree. Everyone's said that for 2 years. I just wanted to clarify that it's not really MJ changing your full-screen app to "maximized." That seems to be a natural behavior of Windows when anything becomes "active" when another application is fullscreen.

Most people get by fine with magicBlock. But, you're running a fullscreen application which is different than just needing to keep focus. Even if focus returns to your app so quickly you'd never notice it, the nature of Windows is to kick the fullscreen app to "maximized" (which is different than true, fullscreen).

If you want to pursue it with MJ, there is contact info on the wiki FAQ.

Or, you could check with the author of magicBlock to see if he can detect the app focus went back to and whether it should go back to fullscreen mode.

Or, setup a dedicated MJ system.

Or, I remember people said that running MJ as a different user (under a different profile) prevents pop ups.

Mark
edboyy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking for a good solution for hiding the MagicJack window for a long time. I even coded my own, the main issue like most other people said was that when watching movies or playing games in full screen, MagicJack steals focus when someone calls or picks up the phone (like my son does 1,000 times a day).

By far, the best solution I have found is Toppy.
Sir_HaXaLoT
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Keep app from popping up. Reply with quote

MagicHack wrote:

I use 4T Tray Minimizer for this type of purpose...I usually disable the ability in the magicJack to minimize to the tray, and instead rely on 4T to do it for me.
MagicHack

This works great for a free tool. Thanks magic
Danbo342
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: This is beyond dumb... Reply with quote

Why on earth do so many different individuals have to write programs to stop this from popping up? Yes, I hate the fact that it steals the focus on the games, but more-so that it sits in the middle of the screen for 5 minutes while it loads!

Why on earth has the developer not yet added a couple options, such as:
  • An option to install as a service
  • To minimize on start up rather than spammin "duh,,, tell your friends"
The ONLY thing I have been "telling my friends" about this retarded product, is how stupid the developers could possibly be to not think how annoying it is day in and day out after every reboot that you will have this dumb spam in the middle of your screen with no way to get rid of for 5 minutes...!
To me this christmas gift is the most annoying product I have ever seen, and it is not the functionality, but the the idiot that designed it to stay in your face as long as it does.
The laughable part is they think it's possitive advertising, ummmm, no, it isn't at all, it's nothing more than annoying spam and I for one will do my best to help share my opinions to as many people I can that ever remotely suggest buying it,,,
I could never tell my girlfriend how I feel since it was a gift and I'm not a bad guy, but something tells me she can hear me grinding my teeth every time I have to reboot my comp.
The other thing that amazes me about products like this is don't developers ever look at something and ask themselves,,, "would I find this annoying or not?"
Have the fool thing start, maybe one dumb splash of tell your friends, then minimize the stupid thing already. There is NO need to have it stay unmovable for its entire loading phase.
oldtimercurt
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums Danbo.

There is a rants and raves section here.

Many ocercome your objections by running MJ on a thin client. Out of sight out of mind.

Happy New Year

OTC
EvanVolm
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edboyy wrote:
I've been looking for a good solution for hiding the MagicJack window for a long time. I even coded my own, the main issue like most other people said was that when watching movies or playing games in full screen, MagicJack steals focus when someone calls or picks up the phone (like my son does 1,000 times a day).

So does Topy prevent MJ from taking over the screen when playing a game?
Danbo342
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldtimercurt wrote:

There is a rants and raves section here.

Doesn't surprise me, it's needed.

Quote:

Many ocercome your objections by running MJ on a thin client. Out of sight out of mind.

Has nothing to do with anything I said, if anything only collaborates.

Quote:

Dan isn't smart enough to hire me?

I may have missed the rant/rave section but glad I was lucky enough to find the insult section.

Happy New Year to you as well
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvanVolm wrote:
edboyy wrote:

So does Topy prevent MJ from taking over the screen when playing a game?

The best way to solve your problem is to run MagicJack as a Windows service. This tool will set that up for you: http://www.evanvaughan.com/magicjack.aspx
1artworkz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so here is how I eliminate the long load and the splash screen.
The dialer interface with the phone contacts list pops up in less than 30 seconds.
I launch the application only when I want to you it.

I don't know how it works for in coming calls as this phone is used only
for out going calls.

I moved the directory (folder) "mjusbsp' from:
C:\Documents and Settings\your user folder name\Application Data\mjusbsp
to:
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\mjusbsp

Then created a short cut on my desktop with this "property."
"C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\mjusbsp\magicJack.exe" /scf _magicJackPersonalDataRoot "X:\magicJack"

In this case the "X" drive letter is the removable drive letter were you find the folder "magicjack" with this file list.
<Profiles>
CallLogs.clm
CfgCache.dat
Profiles.db
autorun.ico
CfgCache.dat.tmp0
AddressBook.xml

You will have to redo this hack each time Magicjack upgrades.
ajeck
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure this has been mentioned but wouldn't the following be much easier to implement?

1. Create a new user account on your PC called MagicUser (or whatever you want)
2. Log into MagicUser and start magicjack
3. Instead of "Log Off" choose "Switch use" and go back to your regular account.
4. Magic Jack will run in the background.

Of course this is useful only to those who don't use the softphone.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREE "Magicsilence" Plugin Tool
Popup Dialer Window Manager for magicJack
for Windows XP/Vista/7

SYNOPSIS: YOUR WORK STAYS FOCUSED AND THE DIALER WINDOW STAYS CLOSED IN THE TRAYBAR UNTIL YOU DECIDE TO OPEN IT.

The "Magicsilence" Plugin tool gives you full control over the magicJack dialer window providing you with the ability to maintain focus on your primary computer activities. Unless you decide to manually open it, the magicJack dialer window will remain closed even during incoming and outgoing calls.

You can manually open the magicJack dialer window at any time as you normally do (by double left mouse clicking on the magicJack dialer icon) in case you want to check something or decide to use a headset for your call. The only difference is that you are now in control and whatever you are working on remains focused even when a new call is placed or arrives.

"Magicsilence" may be used by itself or alongside our popular "Magicfeatures", "Skyjack" and "Xlitejack" software plugins. In the event it does not meet your needs, a complete uninstall application is included.

The new "MagicSilence" Plugin Tool is ABSOLUTELY FREE and can be downloaded at http://tools.pcphonesoft.com OR http://www.magicsilence.com .
tonnic
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redpepper wrote:
FREE "Magicsilence" Plugin Tool
Popup Dialer Window Manager for magicJack
for Windows XP/Vista/7

SYNOPSIS: YOUR WORK STAYS FOCUSED AND THE DIALER WINDOW STAYS CLOSED IN THE TRAYBAR UNTIL YOU DECIDE TO OPEN IT.

The "Magicsilence" Plugin tool gives you full control over the magicJack dialer window providing you with the ability to maintain focus on your primary computer activities. Unless you decide to manually open it, the magicJack dialer window will remain closed even during incoming and outgoing calls.

You can manually open the magicJack dialer window at any time as you normally do (by double left mouse clicking on the magicJack dialer icon) in case you want to check something or decide to use a headset for your call. The only difference is that you are now in control and whatever you are working on remains focused even when a new call is placed or arrives.

"Magicsilence" may be used by itself or alongside our popular "Magicfeatures", "Skyjack" and "Xlitejack" software plugins. In the event it does not meet your needs, a complete uninstall application is included.

The new "MagicSilence" Plugin Tool is ABSOLUTELY FREE and can be downloaded at http://tools.pcphonesoft.com OR http://www.magicsilence.com .

I just installed this and it seems like it works just as promised!. Thanks!.
ktjensen
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vern wrote:
I use AutoSizer to minimize MJ
http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/

This worked well for my Windows 7 machine. The 4T application would not work. Had to use the autosizer tool to make this work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: