magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this really a good deal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tholycross
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Is this really a good deal? Reply with quote

I am looking into buying this thing, but have mixed feelings and am not real sure what I am getting into. Do you have to have a magic out service (at an additional cost) to dial out? Are all the calls incoming and outgoing included in the original price? Thanks, Tara
DCSholtis
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this really a good deal? Reply with quote

tholycross wrote:
I am looking into buying this thing, but have mixed feelings and am not real sure what I am getting into. Do you have to have a magic out service (at an additional cost) to dial out? Are all the calls incoming and outgoing included in the original price? Thanks, Tara

1. No there is no magic "out" service to dial out.
2. Incoming and outgoing included yes
3. Enjoy. Very Happy
johnatnro
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understand that MJ is not the $40.00 device that will save the world, but it has worked very well for me, much better than voip.com that cost five times as much. It is still a little rough around the edges (support, etc.), but so was I at that age. Razz
AlaninKY
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicJack is better than Ma Bell! Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jaqie
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlaninKY wrote:
magicJack is better than Ma Bell! Razz

Hello again, alan. long time no see, ever since I left the old beta mj forums.

IMO MJ is nowhere near as good as the olde tyme landlines, but they are much more expensive.

I finally gave up on MJ totally. smashed the free one they gave me to bits as anger management, and ordered vonage. See my new thread in this forum for why.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it depends on what your needs are. For me, it's just fine, but my expectations are low. I mean this respectfully, but if $40 is an issue, I woudn't recommend it. But since Verizon wants that every month for unlimited long distance, which I need only on occasion, the MJ is a great value.
agraves
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: I have just one question... Reply with quote

I love new technology...I purchased 3 MJ's with 5 year plans. I never used my unlimited calling with local phone company. So after I give MJ a little time, I can at least cancel the long distance part of my local phone company. That is a plus for me even if I keep the local for my DSL. I do have one concern, that I have to leave my computer on 24/7... is there any concern with any of you MJ users or am I being overly concerned?
AlaninKY
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agraves I leave desktops on 24/7 without problems. The laptop I use as a mobile unit with a magicJack and the laptop is turned off when not in use.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: