magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iphone app expires Dec 31

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
profster
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: iphone app expires Dec 31 Reply with quote

How does one renew the IPhone app to work with my existing magic jack. I love that feature and upon calling mj help they told me that they don't know for sure!
Pablo123
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all! Especially to nailgunner Very Happy
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pablo123 wrote:

Maybe Santa will get him a Net talk Duo Smile You know, the new version with 2000 less min per month Smile

Merry Christmas to you, as well as Nailgunner and to everyone else who frequents this forum.

God Bless
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
Pablo123 wrote:

Maybe Santa will get him a Net talk Duo Smile You know, the new version with 2000 less min per month Smile

Merry Christmas to you, as well as Nailgunner and to everyone else who frequents this forum.

God Bless

Same to you and everyone, and ummm, yea, Pablo too.

You can pass on to Santa though, at this late hour, that I would consider a Duo the equivalent of a lump of coal in my stocking. What with still not having number porting, the new minute restrictions and the trashing their new TV thingy is taking in their forum. I would prefer an Obi or a Plus, if he asks. Cool
profster
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: iphone app expires Dec 31 Reply with quote

The subscription was updated to June 28, 2012 automatically. No cost as yet.
machine3
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did they update the expiration date?
Mine is still not working and i was told it was expired.
I am new to MJ
newbee101
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought MJ+ in RadioShack, Seattle on Jan 1st 2012. Installed it on XP pro and now it is on a LAN on my router and works fine without a computer turned on.
I installed the Iphone app on Jan 1st 2012. It worked fine but for less then 24h. Now a recording says the subscription has expired on Dec 31st, 2011. This date is before I installed it on My Iphone4!
Chatted with customer support, they confired the expiration date was correct and said they did not know when it will work again.

Any ideas what's going on?

Happy New Year
machine3
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing i can think of is that the iphone app must be a beta of some sort and all of them expired on the 31st.
I to installed mine after the 31st, worked for about an hour then started doing this screen changing thing over and over. I chatted with what they call support and was told it expired on the 31st. How can something that is supposed to be free expire?
I logged into my account online and it shows my iphone and also shows that it's expired.
Guess we have to wait and see if a updated app comes out.
luigi2008
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: iphone app expires Dec 31 Reply with quote

profster wrote:
The subscription was updated to June 28, 2012 automatically. No cost as yet.

Same here Laughing.
machine3
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has not been updated, still expired.
machine3
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has been updated
Your subscription expires on JUNE 28, 2012
newbee101
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: an iphone can have only one MJ phone# assigned to it :( Reply with quote

It is important that you know when you buy a used iphone or give yours away, that an iphone can have only one MJ phone# assigned to it in it's life. Hopefully this can be changed in the future. I am not sure if this a policy or sofware issue.

Here it is from customer support (I edited my name and phone#s):

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Felyn'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554030102934X

Felyn: Hello, how may I help you?

customer: I want to transfer my MJ+ number (206-77x-xxxx) to my iphone app. I phone app works with it's own number

Felyn: http://my.magicjack.com

customer: tied this already, did not find a place to do it

Felyn: Please wait while I check that for you

Felyn: Click my subsription and click transfer number.

customer: for the Iphone app there isn't a transfer option, for the MJ+ app I just got my phone # transfered to MJ today.

Felyn: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Elle'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554030102934X

Elle: Hello. My name is Elle. To better assist you, let me put you on hold while I read your previous chat/s. Thank you.

customer: I just got my original phone# transfered to MJ+, now I would like to have my Iphone app have the same#

Elle: Thank you for patiently waiting, customer.

customer: Iphone app works with it's own#

Elle: I apologize but you can no longer have the number since you have registered (206) xxx-xxxx to your magicJack App already.

customer: I do need that number any more. You advertise that I can use my home# with MJ plus

customer: and my Iphone app

Elle: Is this your ported landline number: (206) 77x-xxxx?

customer: Yes, that was my original number with xfinity, I decided to switch to MJ, so I can get calls on my Iphone when not at home. Plus I have poor network to make calls with at@t at home. I paid additional $20 to have my phone# transfered to MJ+

Elle: Thank you for the confirmation.

Elle: As I checked it for here, you registered (206) xxx-xxxx on your magicJack App already. It cannot be changed for the mean time.

customer: There must be a way to uninsall iphone app and install a new one with the new #

Elle: I apologize but it cannot be changed at this time, you may only download one magicJack App per iPhone.

customer: I don't need 2, only one. So how do I uninstall it?

customer: this is not what you advertise

Elle: It cannot be changed or uninstalled since you already registered a number to it.

customer: So can we do the whole deal back? This was the reason I transfered to MJ!

customer: I can't beleive you can't transfer the number if you wanted to

Elle: I apologize, you already assigned a number to your iPhone..

customer: That is not what eh question was. CAn we do the deal back, I take MJ+ back to RadioShack and you also give my $20 back for transfering the number

Elle: I will be right with you.

Elle: Please wait while I check that for you.

Elle: Thank you for patiently waiting.

Elle: Your porting request was already completed and can no longer be refunded, customer.

customer: If I restore my iphone, will the app be deleted, or did you link this number to the IMEI of the Iphone?

Elle: No, it will not be deleted anymore.

customer: So to clarify: so did you link the number to the IMEI of the iPHone?

Elle: Your magicJack PLUS number cannot be transferred to your iPhone since the iPhone have another number already. It cannot be changed at this time as well. May I know what is IMEI?

customer: IMEI is a different number on each Iphone the apple store uses to identify the phone.

customer: So what happens if I sell my Iphone? Is the person who buys it from me stuck with my phone#??

Elle: Thank you, no it is not connected with it.

customer: So what happens if I sell my Iphone? Is the person who buys it from me stuck with my phone#??

Elle: No, the magicJack App is just an option number on your iPhone.

customer: Now you are confusing me. So how would that person take the MJ app off the phone or get a different number?

Elle: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Elle: magicJack APP on your iPhone is just a downloaded software. You may or may not use that number. It cannot be changed at this time, we will be posting it from our website once available.

customer: So one more question: I sell my Iphone and the person decides to download and use the MJ app. Since it is my number that is linked to it, will he be making calls with my number without my consent? How can I prevent this?

Elle: No, he cannot access the account unless he has your information.

customer: But he wont be able to use the application either because it is my number that is "assigned" to the phone. Is that right?

Elle: Yes, you are right. You can only download one number per iPhone as well.

Elle: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

customer: I think you are decreasing the values of iphones by allowing people put this software on them - I do not think that is right! You should allow phone numbers to be ported.

Elle: You have ported your number to your PLUS and you can have that number upon registering your magicJack App, what happened is that you assigned another number.

customer: Had I known I cannot change the# on the Iphone I wuld not have done that. I did not know that it is a once in the Iphone's life opportunity to assign a MJ phone number to it. I still do not think it is right. I do not know of any other app or phone service that cannot have it's phone number changed.

Elle: I understand you truly, customer. For the mean time, it is not yet possible to change it.

customer: Is this a software issue, or a policy? Are you planning to change it?

Elle: This is a feature for the magicJack and can still be changed in the future.
customer: I think you have to put this in your ads so people know

Elle: I understand and will note all your comments for the improvement of the product, customer.

Elle: Is there anything else I may help you with today?
profster
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: iphone and magicjack numbers Reply with quote

I switch back and forth with 2 magic jack numbers on my iphone that I use for business and personal with no problem. You make the change on "my magic jack" web access. go to webo4.magicjack.com, login and make the change in number there. Click on my subscriptions, make sure you are on the magic jack phone number, then click on change phone number pick your iphone. The next screen will display the number that is available. Click on it and your Iphone app will update with the new number.
newbee101
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: profster Reply with quote

Can you please post the link? I couldn't get it to work. Also tried web04 (instead of webo4) and it gives a "403 forbidden" error

Thanks
profster
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Link Reply with quote

No link simply hook to my magic jack in the magic jack menu and that will get you to your account settings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: