magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Illegally billed for old Magicjack........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agh070468
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Illegally billed for old Magicjack........ Reply with quote

I got the Plus in Dec 2011......made sure my old Magicjack was set to not autorenew. Got an email last night said I had 1 hour to cancel billing for 1 year of old device. I called this morning......and yes they do have a phone contact for billing issues only......561-594-9925. I asked her to cancel the order and she said she would. I also told her on my account it says they tried to bill old account a month ago and it did not work due to cancelled credit card. So they ILLEGALLY went to my Plus account and took that credit card info and tried to bill my old account. Unbelievable..............
shushwap
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is not cool
surfzombie
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should contact the fraud department at your bank and tell them it was an unauthorized fraudulent charge that you did NOT do and have them reverse the charge. If that doesn't work get an attorney and sew there butts.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Illegally billed for old Magicjack........ Reply with quote

agh070468 wrote:
I got the Plus in Dec 2011......made sure my old Magicjack was set to not autorenew. Got an email last night said I had 1 hour to cancel billing for 1 year of old device. I called this morning......and yes they do have a phone contact for billing issues only......561-594-9925. I asked her to cancel the order and she said she would. I also told her on my account it says they tried to bill old account a month ago and it did not work due to cancelled credit card. So they ILLEGALLY went to my Plus account and took that credit card info and tried to bill my old account. Unbelievable..............

What happened was they changed the layout of their web page ( a total redesign) and in the process re-enabled auto renew. I too had disabled auto renew. When I saw their new page I checked my settings and low and behold, it was re-enabled. So I not only disabled it again, I deleted my CC info too. Come Aug I will see what happens...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kedwards
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Illegally billed for old Magicjack........ Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
agh070468 wrote:

What happened was they changed the layout of their web page ( a total redesign) and in the process re-enabled auto renew. I too had disabled auto renew. When I saw their new page I checked my settings and low and behold, it was re-enabled. So I not only disabled it again, I deleted my CC info too. Come Aug I will see what happens...

I did the same thing. Good advice.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When I saw their new page I checked my settings and low and behold, it was re-enabled

Shocked Huh. Good you telling us. I will have to do the same thing, since I definitely do not intend to renew in 6 weeks. Another trick from Dan's trick box...
Rolling Eyes
I just wish they release Obi 202 before April 15th...
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cell14 wrote:

Shocked Huh. Good you telling us.

This is almost one MONTH old news:

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magicjack77047.html#77047

Sighhhhhhhh. Why do I bother even posting. Rolling Eyes Shocked Laughing
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You actually think people do a search first here?????????????????

Sometimes it is just easier to repeat stuff, other times I tell people to do a search first.. Seems like the latter is a losing battle.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
You actually think people do a search first here?????????????????

Sometimes it is just easier to repeat stuff, other times I tell people to do a search first.. Seems like the latter is a losing battle.

I was just harassing cell14. Now that I've switched over to the GV app, that's about all I'm left with to do on this forum.

I am disappointed in you though Joe. When I saw you had posted a response I was SURE you were going to tell me you were always curious why I have EVER bother posting. Must be slipping up or in a mellow mood eh? Cool
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahahaha
yep old age has a way of doing that huh Smile

Like the old Donavan song, "they call me mellow yellow" Smile
Though I seem to remember reading some where that song actually refered to homosexuality, so mabye not Smile

Last edited by bitstopjoe on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was just harassing cell14.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Guess what, I found your posting about 2 minutes after I posted my reply Embarassed
The thing is that I do not visit the forum that often and that long as I used to and sometimes miss things.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cell14 wrote:
Quote:
I was just harassing cell14.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Guess what, I found your posting about 2 minutes after I posted my reply Embarassed
The thing is that I do not visit the forum that often and that long as I used to and sometimes miss things.

The harassing was meant in good-nature. My feelings...sniff...weren't hurt...sniff...that much. As long as the word gets out one way or another that MJ is still up to their games, it's all good.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
Like the old Donavan song, "they call me mellow yellow" Smile
Though I seem to remember reading somewhere that song actually refered to homosexuality, so mabye not Smile

Well, you made me do a Google search, and believe it or not there is a Wiki on it...go figure. Rolling Eyes :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mellow_Yellow
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes that's right, they thought this refered to drug use, maybe it is Wooly Bully by Sam the Sham I was thinking about with hidden homo references. In those days they had to hide stuff but today it is shoved right into your face or down your throat, so to speak Smile
shushwap
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have to start reading this forum with one eye closed.... All this homo talk and shoving down throats and what not... lol
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA.. Only one eye closed?? Hell I always keep both closed here Smile
Petes
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem, MJ activated autorenew but that was before the change of their site :/

Luckily I checked 4 days before or they would've charged my sister's ex-boss Shocked

I would've deleted his card but the old site didn't let you delete CCs. Now they are all deleted.

I'd recommend checking once in a while, now I even check if a card will appear magically, I'm so freaked out.

MJ support is terrible, I chatted with them twice, both times they told me they'd contact me to my mail, but they never did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: