magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
iexplorer freezes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chitown020
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: iexplorer freezes

Just bought my first t5720 and so far I'm having mixed luck with it. I have 512 of ram and I just installed 1gig of transend flash mem. The good part is that loading up xpe went w/o a hitch and also the driver for my tp-link external wireless card. However when I try to go online ie freezes and says something to the affect "iexplorer.exe - application errer The instruction at 0x7de62a23 referenced memory at 0x00000007. The memory could not be read" The memory locations change. I get this if its wireless or pluged directly into my router. When I plug in my mj I get a dial tone and the tones of the buttons but the call doesn't go through. Any thoughts. Thanks and I hope I'm not too late to the race.....
Diggs
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject:

It sounds like the memory stick is bad. Do you have another 512 MB stick to swap out? There are free memory testing programs available.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/gr/memtest86.htm
outinaustin
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject:

Hi,

I just got a t5720 a few days ago. I got mine working after a new XPe flash, and all is well.

I mostly followed this: http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/hp-t5720-magicjack-and-other-tips-and-tricks-t2216.html
I could not get the DirectX download to work, and as a result, was not able to run the associated diagnostic program. I loaded MJ anyway to see what would happen, and was able to make phone calls.

I am no expert, but you might try re-flashing the OS image. Make sure you use the correct one. I used the one mentioned in the link and also put in the BIOS mentioned for good measure.

Please let us know how it goes; there are still Johnny-come-latelies around. Razz
chitown020
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the responses. I finally got it working after installing a different os. Don't know why the earlier versions didn't work but installing ver. 5.1.606 from 06-oct-2088 it works perfectly. The only thing that concerns me is that version says it need a min of 512/512. I have 1g of flash but I'm on the edge with mem and from what I understand 512 is the max for 5720.....Oh, outinaustin, thanks for the page, I didn't see that one. Anyway at least it's working. Thanks again and i'm sure i'll be posting here again...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: