magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I just don't understand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravenbleu
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: I just don't understand Reply with quote

I purchased a magic jack plus for my 85 yr old father who is moving and because I never had any real issues with my regular magic jack. We ported his home phone and we are already having major issues....
The base phone that is plugged into the magic jack works fine. Along with the base phone he has two other cordless ones that work with the base phone. I have tried chatting with 3 different people and none of them are getting it....so maybe I am saying it wrong.
Here is the scenario:
He can dial a local number from the base phone and it works fine. If he walks downstairs to the kitchen to dial that same number from one of the cordless phones a recording comes on and tells him he has to buy conference minutes in order to make the call. The other issue with the cordless phones are they cannot hear anything more then a whisper on them. Why in the world would you be able to make a local call on one phone in the house and move to another phone in the house and have to pay for the same local call? I have had the same set-up for years in my own home with a regular magic jack and never has those issues.
Any Suggestions?
radzkillah
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very peculiar problem .

Whats the brand and model of your cordless phones?
CaptainQ
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Porting a telephone number is going to cost you each year... Reply with quote

Porting your telephone number is going to cost you each year after the first year.

Did not realize this when I renewed for the "special" five year renewal and then (days later - meaning "after the one hour" cooling off period) found out that I also had to renew (and pay for) the ported number.

Just one of those things that Dan does not make evident to you until after you have "signed" up. Good luck trying to convince the "customer service" people about that!

Dan has such a good product, leads you to believe that you understand the total costs, and then after the sign-up, he feels the need to to take more from you. A definite character flaw, in my opinion.

A possible thought is for you to try to port your father's number to google voice, then have GV call forward any calls to the "free" provided MagicJack number. Maybe, that would save you some money and allow your to "keep" his old number. For some reason, Dan also feels the need to try to charge you $30 to port out any number (even one that you brought in).

There are plenty of others who have commented on Dan's nickel and diming practices.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: