magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I cannot answer calls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kt4ever
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: I cannot answer calls Reply with quote

I am using my iPhone 5 with my Magic Jack plus, which is connected to my router. I can make calls with no problems, but every time I receive a call I can't answer it. I slide the unlock button nothing, I click on the message at the top, nothing, I open the ap, nothing! How do I answer it?
curuchupa
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Same problem Reply with quote

I can't answer calls from my iphone 5s.
greenman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I have found:
I've got two magicJack plus devices. The 2012 and the 2014. When both are connected using the same telephone number, I cannot receive calls on either of them. I hear a ring and it goes directly to voice mail. If I have both of them connected on different routers (one at home, one at the office) both ring and both allow me to answer.

The same thing may be happening with the mJ app. If you already own the magicJack 2012 or 2014, and you're using the app on the same router with the same telephone number, perhaps the app and the device are conflicting and going to voice mail like mine.

If you don't have the physical magicJack device, have you bought the 1-year subscription for a phone number? You can tell when you log in on my.magicjack.com. If you see a string of numbers for your phone number on the app like this: *12345678980* then you don't have a phone number. If you see that your app is set to a valid US phone number, that the subscription is paid up, and you don't have a physical device, I'm at a loss as to why your app isn't responding.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When using the MJ APP it is an ABSOLUTE NECESSITY to do the following in order to ensure proper operation:

1. Go into your cell ohone's serttings and be SURE that *all* of the "notifications," sound and privacy settings relevant to the app are turned ON. Keep in mind that iOS 7's settings are NOT the same as they were in iOS 6.

2. Log into your MJ account online and be sure to set the installed app's voicemail delay to AT LEAST 25 seconds.

3. IF you've assigned the app to the *same* number that *other* MJ apps and/or MJ devices are also assigned to, log into your MJ account online and set ALL of your MJ apps' and devices' voicemail delays to AT LEAST 25 seconds.

4. IF you have a MJ device as in #3 above AND an answering machine connected to it, be sure to either set its pick-up delay to AT LEAST 25 seconds OR (preferably) turn it off altogether.

5. IF your MJ account is an older one that still has call forwarding available on it, be VERY careful how you use that feature - each device and app has its OWN call forwarding setting REGARDLESS of the MJ phone number assigned to each app or device.

Having said all of that, some people have reported difficulties with the app after they updated iOS to the latest version so there *might* possibly be some incompatibilities requiring another app update, who knows... (sometimes these types of post-iOS update problems are fixed by simply deleting the probkematic app and the re-downloading it from the app store).
SteveHC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: iOS App Update Reply with quote

The iOS app has just been updated for iOS 7 users.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: iOS App Update Reply with quote

The iOS app has just been updated for iOS 7 users.
TheDude01
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: The Fix Reply with quote

I think I've found the solution to this issue - you must swipe DIRECTLY ON the magicJack NOTIFICATION of the incoming call.

Right below the notification it says "slide to answer" in really small letters. (in my case, it was so greyed out it was almost impossible to see). If you swipe anywhere else on the screen, and not ON the notification itself, nothing happens and the call gets lost/disconnected. But, if you literally "swipe the notification" itself and enter your passcode, that appears to trigger the app to open automatically and answer the call.

Obviously, you must ensure that the notification settings for Magic Jack are ALL "ON" - "Alerts" for alert style, Badge App Icon=ON, Sounds=ON, Show in Notification Center=ON, Include=ON, and (especially) "SHOW ON LOCK SCREEN" = ALL should be "ON"
alvarezknowles
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: TheDude01 is a genious Reply with quote

I spent so much time trying to figure out what was wrong with this app, it functions properly on my android phone but has not on my last two iPhones. If you swipe the phone during and incoming call, then put in your pin the phone automatically picks up the call. Thank you very much for this Sir, your a genius. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: