magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I can hear them, they can not hear me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lindy A.
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what is sort of funny ... on Monday (when my problem started) and last night (when I contacted MJ again), using the "live chat," I stated very clearly that I was able to receive calls (I could hear caller and they could hear me); my phones rang in dozens of times a day and all was okay ...but, when I was making outbound calls to LL or cell phones I could hear the person I was calling when they answered the phone but they could not hear me (no audiio from my end to them)" ...their so called "live chat staff" on both occasions asked me "do you have your MJ plugged into your computer" (dah... my response was "dah, if my 2 MJ's were not plugged into my 2 computers how do you suppose all inbound calls are coming in loud and clear). They then asked "if my router was on" (2nd "dah moment; of, course its on OR I WOULDN"T be RECEIVING inbound calls and be able to use my computer internet to do the "live chat with them." Again though ... I am a happy camper at the moment because all is well in my inbound and outbound call world again!
Nick7621
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to the "They Can't Hear Me" problem, I cannot call any number in the 605 area code at all. As soon as the MJ dials the number, a rapid busy signal is all I get. I've tried this for over a month now. Buzz, buzz, buzz, is all I get. So I chatted with the geniuses at MJ support about this also and asked a simple question: Why can't I dial any number in the 605 area code?

Today I did receive an email from MJ (will wonders ever cease?). It is here in it's entirety:

Dear magicJack Customer:

We are working on interconnecting with the telecommunications carrier for the telephone numbers you have been unable to reach. The current rates charged by carriers are cost prohibitive. There is a legal requirement for all companies to interconnect if one carrier requests to do so from the other carrier. We hope we will be successful in doing so.

In the meantime we would be happy to offer you a refund of your unused magicjack and related services per pro rata method, i.e., if used six months, the refund would be approximately $20.00.

Please return your magicJack to the following address and enclose a refund request that includes your name, magicJack phone number and full mailing address.

magicJack, LP
Attention: Consumer Issues Department
P. O. Box 16176
West Palm Beach, FL 33416

We will credit the form of payment you used to purchase your magicJack or mail you a check.

Should you choose to return your magicJack for a refund, future registrations may be prevented.

Sincerely,
magicJack Customer Care

So, they want to prorate the refund? Did I use up some capacitors or transistors in the thing? And if I want a refund they want to punish me by not letting me buy another MJ and registering it? Ha ha ha ha. I've had it with these bozos. I'm currently researching the NetTalk Duo and from the reviews I'm reading from actual users, it works much better than the MJ.

By the way, I found this email address for MJ owner Dan Borislow if anyone wants to email him, IF it's still valid email address:

[email protected]

Good luck, people.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick7621 wrote:
In addition to the "They Can't Hear Me" problem, I cannot call any number in the 605 area code at all. As soon as the MJ dials the number, a rapid busy signal is all I get. I've tried this for over a month now. Buzz, buzz, buzz, is all I get. So I chatted with the geniuses at MJ support about this also and asked a simple question: Why can't I dial any number in the 605 area code?

Today I did receive an email from MJ (will wonders ever cease?). It is here in it's entirety:

Dear magicJack Customer:

We are working on interconnecting with the telecommunications carrier for the telephone numbers you have been unable to reach. The current rates charged by carriers are cost prohibitive. There is a legal requirement for all companies to interconnect if one carrier requests to do so from the other carrier. We hope we will be successful in doing so.

In the meantime we would be happy to offer you a refund of your unused magicjack and related services per pro rata method, i.e., if used six months, the refund would be approximately $20.00.

Please return your magicJack to the following address and enclose a refund request that includes your name, magicJack phone number and full mailing address.

magicJack, LP
P. O. Box 16176

We will credit the form of payment you used to purchase your magicJack or mail you a check.

Should you choose to return your magicJack for a refund, future registrations may be prevented.

Sincerely,
magicJack Customer Care

So, they want to prorate the refund? Did I use up some capacitors or transistors in the thing? And if I want a refund they want to punish me by not letting me buy another MJ and registering it? Ha ha ha ha. I've had it with these bozos. I'm currently researching the NetTalk Duo and from the reviews I'm reading from actual users, it works much better than the MJ.

By the way, I found this email address for MJ owner Dan Borislow if anyone wants to email him, IF it's still valid email address:

[email protected]

Good luck, people.

The 3 beeps and hangup problem has been talk about here MANY MANY times, including the email from MJ offerng a refund and "dans" email address.
MJ is blocking numbers in MOSTLY rural areas who charge a high termination fee which cuts into MJ profits. Right now, other than contacting and complaining to the FCC, there is nothing which can be done.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lindy A.
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I am planning on doing so at this time; but, do MJ phone numbers belong to them, or they belong to us ... in other words can the MJ number's we have be transfered over to other VOI carriers (for example Vontage, etc). I have had one of my MJ phones for 3+ years (never really had any problems with it during this time, up until this one I have been posting about over the past 3 days which is now resolved); my other MJ number I have had for about 2 years (same problem with it over the past 3 days, but it cleared up the same time as my other one did). Since I have had such good luck with my MJ phones in the past (until this recent 3 day incident) I don't have LL office phones ...I have hundreds of customers all over the county and Canada who have these numbers; they have been posted on my 2 different business websites for years, are in magazines I write for, in topic/post on forums I co-host, etc); therefore, I don't want to loose these numbers (I could never contact all those that have acquired my MJ numbers over the years through various sources, which could cost me money if they found it difficult to contact me; I have had the same cell phone, which probably 80% of my good customers have for at least 8 years, but there would be some degree of loss of contact (to what extent I don't know if I wasn't able to keep my MJ numbers and transfer them to another carrier.
Nick7621
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, an email from magicJack:

Dear magicJack Customer:

magicJack, LP

P. O. Box 16176

Sincerely,
magicJack Customer Care

Prorated refund? And they're going to punish me by refusing to let me register another MJ in the future?? Thanks for doing me the favor. I ordered a netTALK Duo today. Everything I've read says it far superior to the MJ.
Very Happy
MotBone
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well today it is working. I can hear them, they can hear me. I looked into Googles free (for 2010) VOIP phone service, to the casual observer it seems to sound about the same. I will use it as back up.
Nick7621
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: No more magicJack Reply with quote

I received my netTALK Duo today, plugged it in, registered it, got my new phone number, and made several test calls. Worked perfectly, even to area code 605 phones, which magicJack would not call. As of this day forward, I'm magicJack free. Goodbye and good luck.
gashliquor
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: No more magicJack Reply with quote

Nick7621 wrote:
I received my netTALK Duo today, plugged it in, registered it, got my new phone number, and made several test calls. Worked perfectly, even to area code 605 phones, which magicJack would not call. As of this day forward, I'm magicJack free. Goodbye and good luck.

WOW, your just canning thE MJ just like that!, Please be aware that NT is still new and can change. It is also opened up for hacks as i played with a neighbors. They will close holes in there system and do other things im sure in due time. Dan will NOT miss YOU and you will NOT miss him either Crying or Very sad
Carolinablue
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I too am having the same issues. I can hear them but no one can hear me. When this first started I could unplug the MJ and replug it in and it would work for a while, but now that don't work. My incoming calls are the same situation.
teslation
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT JUST SUCKS... i ve just got my mj 3weeks ago and worked the first week fine and later on when i try to call anyone i dont hear anything...

P.S i ve discovered somethin that when u try to call ur mj number it works and u can hear the voicemail normaly LOL soo weird... Give it a try

i dunno the reason but it works lol
pgosavi
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently started to get this problem as well. Inbound is ok. Outbound to cell phones work, Outbound to landlines are an issue (they can hear me but I cannot hear them).

Any solution to this? The only thing I did recently was renew the account for 5 years Sad
I wonder if they lower your service level once you are locked in for a longer duration.
nanunanu
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...just wanted to jump in here...I'm in Canada and for the last month or so I can not use the MJ to call or receive calls on land-line numbers but it does work on calling cell numbers! I have had a Washington state AC 253 for almost 3 years and it worked great until about a month or 6 weeks ago and I believe it was the newest upgrade...is there any way to go back to and earlier upgrade ? If I call a land-line I hear the person on the other end speak and when I reply there is a 15 seconds to 20 seconds delay before we hear each other! I have tried all the fixes and swapped all cables and even swapped the modem from the cable company but nothing changed...I got a USB hub that everyone said will fix the problem but no go! Any help appreciated Smile
robertcgs2010
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: I can hear them, they can not hear me Reply with quote

Kenny2469 wrote:
This started after the Lucky You upgrade.

On outgoing calls the other party can not hear me
but I can hear them. Incoming is just fine.

If I use the flash button to put on hold, then come back,
all is well, we can hear each other.

Anyone else having this? is there a fix?

Just hung up with MJ support, after several attempts to find out why this was happening I hit on an idea. She wanted to adjust the volume settings in MJ (did that but not with any faith), since the result of the problem is that the call has been muted on my end I went to Windows Audio properties, added the Microphone setting and discovered it was set to mute. On removing the check mark I could now hear incoming calls. Something in "Lucky You" or more likely a MS Windows update and "Lucky You" are conflicting and the result is that Windows places the microphone setting to mute. Could someone please corroborate this. If this has already been discovered and dismissed then just put it down as a newbie "discovering" the already discovered. Smile)
mariner9
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: I can hear them, they can not hear me Reply with quote

robertcgs2010 wrote:
Kenny2469 wrote:
This started after the Lucky You upgrade.

On outgoing calls the other party can not hear me
but I can hear them. Incoming is just fine.

If I use the flash button to put on hold, then come back,
all is well, we can hear each other.

Anyone else having this? is there a fix?

Just hung up with MJ support, after several attempts to find out why this was happening I hit on an idea. She wanted to adjust the volume settings in MJ (did that but not with any faith), since the result of the problem is that the call has been muted on my end I went to Windows Audio properties, added the Microphone setting and discovered it was set to mute. On removing the check mark I could now hear incoming calls. Something in "Lucky You" or more likely a MS Windows update and "Lucky You" are conflicting and the result is that Windows places the microphone setting to mute. Could someone please corroborate this. If this has already been discovered and dismissed then just put it down as a newbie "discovering" the already discovered. Smile)

I have the same issue;
    Outgoing calls the other party can not hear me but I can hear them. Incoming is just fine.
...running on firmware is 2.0.11. I have the MJ Plus, and do not use the computer to make calls. So would believe the microphone setting would not come in to play. I don't think that is the fix here... at least not for me.
Nobby
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: reset daily MJ plus Reply with quote

seems I have to reset the bloody thing twice daily to fix this issue

any progress?
Nobby
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: reset daily MJ plus Reply with quote

Nobby wrote:

any progress?

just place mj+ in the DMZ

all works
Xhumeka
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: reset daily MJ plus Reply with quote

Nobby wrote:
Nobby wrote:

any progress?

all works

Can you clarify? I've had this problem ever since receiving my MagicJack and it's SO VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

No amount of port forwarding etc helps - if you mean I should forward ALL ports to the computer hosting magicjack that's no possible for me I'm afraid as I have various services running on multiple computers - I cannot send all traffic to ONE ip unfortunately.
Nobby
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: reset daily MJ plus Reply with quote

Xhumeka wrote:
Nobby wrote:
Nobby wrote:

any progress?

all works

Can you clarify? I've had this problem ever since receiving my MagicJack and it's SO VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

No amount of port forwarding etc helps - if you mean I should forward ALL ports to the computer hosting magicjack that's no possible for me I'm afraid as I have various services running on multiple computers - I cannot send all traffic to ONE ip unfortunately.

find out the ip address of mj+

revserve that ip in router so it never changes

add that ip address to the dmz in router
Xhumeka
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: reset daily MJ plus Reply with quote

Nobby wrote:
Xhumeka wrote:
Nobby wrote:
Nobby wrote:

any progress?

all works

find out the ip address of mj+

revserve that ip in router so it never changes

add that ip address to the dmz in router

Thanks, but as far as I know dmz mode sends ALL traffic to one specific IP, and again, I cannot do that - I have multiple servers running multiple applications all from different IP addresses.
Randy967
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: I can hear them however they can't hear me Reply with quote

I had this problem recently for a specific area code and finally figure out the problem . The Realtek Audio Manager was not installed on my computer. The audio drivers were installed and Magicjack worked for some area codes but not for all.

Fix is download the correct drivers ; install your magicjack and then reboot your computer and that should fix the problem Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: