magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HP Thin Client and Magic Jack

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magnum68
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HolmanGT wrote:
magnum68,

What model did you purchase and how much Flash and how much Ram does it have.

If the one you purchased had 512/512 you are all set to go, just as soon as you figure out how to make it do some of the tricks it needs to do to run your MJ. If you purchased a unit with 256/256 flash and ram you will need to come back here and ask Heritage227 or me what you have to do to make it run MJ. All the tools and such are available on the HP WEB site.

Don't let me scare you if you purchase the 256/256 unit there is just some minor things you have to remove to allow enough room for MJ to run i.e. remove Media Player for one. I also took off things like their security client and a couple of others to give MJ the most possible elbow room on my 256/256 unit. After you set it up remove the monitor, keyboard and mouse and stick it under your desk someplace. Oh and the thing generates about as much heat as a cigarette shitting in an ashtray. I don't know how they make a 1.2 GHz machine with no fans run so cool but they do.

Also I use Team Viewer 3 on mine for remote control so when I need/want to make an adjustment I don't have to hook up a monitor, keyboard and mouse each time. (TeamViewer is free for non-commercial use).

Hi HolmanGT,

This is the model: HP Compaq t5700 1.0Ghz 256/512 XPe Thin Client

256 of flash memory and 512 of RAM. The seller told me that he upgraded the ram from 256 to 512. I appreciate any onfo or tips that will make this work right with MJ.

magnum68
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magnum68,

OK the 512 of RAM is good but we will have to remove some programs from the flash to give you room to install MJ.

I have to run an errand for my mother but just as soon as I get back I will be able to walk you thru the process.

Or if Heritage227 is around he can halp you also.

Sorry for the delay - I now how it is with new toys. Laughing
leons
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can these be run with a wireless adapter?

Last edited by leons on Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leons wrote:
Can these be run with a wireless adepter?

BTW, anyone know how the HP (5720/5710) stack up to the Wyse and the Neoware (I think now owned by HP) or seen any comparisons???

Thanks
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leons,

Could you expand a little on what you mean by a wireless adapter? Like USB wireless, PCI Card, or just an Ethernet access point etc?

In general they will do anything any other XP machine will do if outfitted correctly for what you want to do. These things come it about a gazillion flavors.
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnum,

Start here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodSeriesId=339208&prodTypeId=12454

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=379363&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=339208&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1058

What you want to do is look for the stuff that says "remove" in the list of software. You also might want to make sure you have the latest XPe version.

To make it work with your MJ start by removing (we are not really making it work with MJ we are just giving it enough room to install on the flash hard drive):

1. Altiris XPe Add-On (Remove Media Player)
2. Altiris XPe Add-on (MIDI Support)
3. HP Sygate Security Agent - Remove Add-On
4. Altiris XPe Add-on (Remove .NET Messenger)
5. Altiris XPe Add-On (Remove Citrix ICA)
6. Altiris XPe Add-on (Remove TeemNT)

Now stick in your MJ and watch it take off. Very Happy

Just remember that after you do any setting changes to make it all stick you have click on the little green hand bag looking icon in the sys-tray and tell it to commit other wise all your work and settings will disappear the next time you reboot the device.

WARNING - make sure you are on the correct down load page for whatever model you have. The download pages for the T5700, T5710 and T5720 all look pretty much the same, BUT they are not so please make sure the page you down load from on the HP site is for the model you have. Some of the files are universal and some are not. I do believe that if you goof and load the wrong file you can always reflash with the correct master OS flash for your unit and recover. I have never tested this theory and I wouldn't suggest that you do either unless forced to thru circumstance - Ouch!.

Last edited by HolmanGT on Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
magnum68
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HolmanGT wrote:
Magnum,

Start here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodSeriesId=339208&prodTypeId=12454

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=379363&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=339208&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1058

What you want to do is look for the stuff that says "remove" in the list of software. You also might want to make sure you have the latest XPe version.

To make it work with your MJ start by removing (we are not really making it work with MJ we are just giving it enough room to install on the flash hard drive):

Just remember that after you do any setting changes to make it all stick you have click on the little green hand bag looking icon in the sys-tray and tell it to commit other wise all your work and settings will disappear the next time you reboot the device.

HoltmanGT,

Thank you very much for the info. My TC will arrive next Wednesday. I will follow the instructions that you have provided.

Thanks again,
magnum68
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magnum68,

One thing I forgot to mention is that I would strongly suggest you flash it with the newest OS firmware even if yours has the newest already. The reason I suggest this is when you flash it it takes everything off that someone may have installed and takes all the setting back to factory defaults.

Nothing like starting with a "Clean Slate" Smile
Heritage227
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, You said it all HGT, No need for my input Very Happy

By the way....That Team Viewer that you told us all about is one Cool Program. Cool
Thanks !!!
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heritage,

Yuppers TeamView is pretty slick - Did you notice what they charge for commercial use of it .... looks like the national debt.
magnum68
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HolmanGT wrote:
magnum68,

One thing I forgot to mention is that I would strongly suggest you flash it with the newest OS firmware even if yours has the newest already. The reason I suggest this is when you flash it it takes everything off that someone may have installed and takes all the setting back to factory defaults.

Nothing like starting with a "Clean Slate" Smile

Got that covered. I downloaded that earlier today and save it on my laptop. When my TC arrives I'll will transfer the file to a USB flash card and then follow the instructions on how to flash it on the TC. Can't wait till it arrives. Good bye to Vonage soon.

magnum68
PGPfan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HGT, I have the 256/256 model. Are there any more apps (besides what you list above) that I should remove for MJ to work?

-PGPfan
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGPfan,

No, what I listed should leave you with about 18 megs of free hard drive after you have installed your MagicJack. And just to keep it clear, removing the items I listed it just to gain enough space with a little extra elbow room for MJ to install and run. It is not that any of the item I suggest removing have any conflict with MJ, if you had a unit with 512 megs of flash you would not have to remove anything.
AUTOMAG44
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: help Reply with quote

reflashed t5710 with latest operating system. reformatted usb thumb drive then placed remove media player on it. Ran program and it made 3 or 4 folders on thumb drive. put in unit. found under folders but I click on it and nothing happened. When I click on go it stated access disallowed. When I double click on it nothing happens. What am I doing wrong. thanks in advance
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AUTOMAG44,

What are you clicking on? You should go int the RIPs folder on the thumb drive that is plugged into your thin client and double click on "Remove_Media_Player_11.00_A1.EXE"

PS - Acutally not to be offense but I don't really don't understand your post.

The app you downloaded from HP to remove the media play should be expanded to a folder on you main machine, transfer this folder to the thumb drive. Put the thumb drive in your Thin Client and the do what I said above.

OK - My Fault You need to be logged in as Administrator.

To logon as Administrator you have log off holding the shift key, continue to hold the shift key and a logon window will pop up. Log on as User: Administrator, Password: Administrator.

Now that you are logged on as Administrator right click on the icons (looks like a little green purse) in the system tray on the right and select "Commit" it will force you to reboot. Now ever time you come up you will be logged on as Administrator.

PLEASE make sure that you don't load the files for your model i.e. the t5700, t5710 or t5720. All there download pages for the different models look the same and it is very easy to get on the wrong download site.

My apologies for failing to mention this tiny little it ain't going to work if you don't item. Also as Administrator (and it is capital "A") you will see a lot more options and icons on your system.

Last edited by HolmanGT on Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGPfan,

Please not my post to AUTOMAG44 very import instructions for success that I failed to mention earlier.
Nail*Head
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the post so well I just purchased a T5700. Anybody know the best way to share the keyboard, mouse, & monitor with the Thin Client so I don't have an extra monitor on my desk?

[A footnote.... With a little rewiring of the house phone line and a ComSwitch (http://www.command-comm.com/comswitch7500.php ) I've got the whole house running on the MagicJack. Still can't get a consistant fax to work even with the recommendations of turning off error correction and slowing the fax down.]
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nail*Head,

How much memory do you have on your thin client hard drive? There is away to strip off unneeded stuff and install the remote client I am suggesting. If you have 512/512 you are home free.

The program I use to access the thin client is: http://www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx
Nail*Head
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: T5700 Thin Client Memory Reply with quote

The T5700 may not have enough memory. Only 192MB of Flash Memory.
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nail*Head,

How did you even get MJ to install, did you already remove some items from the hard drive (flash memory)?
Nail*Head
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Is this the time I say Oh S**T? Reply with quote

I just won the T5700 on Ebay. It is not in my hands yet. How much memory does Magic Jack require?

I just looked in the Task Manager and it looks like MJ is using 25K of RAM. Yhe T5700 should have plenty of extra memory to run. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by Nail*Head on Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this the time I say Oh S**T? Reply with quote

Nail*Head wrote:
I just won the T5700 on Ebay. It is not in my hands yet. How much memory does Magic Jack require?

How much they go for?
Peace
Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nail*Head,

I thought you already had the thing in your hands. You may be pretty marginal with only 192 megs.

MJ takes minimum of: on the hard drive 30.7 MB (32,272,478 bytes)

PS - When you get it let me know and we can do our best to make it work with MJ but you will most likely never get a remote control client on it. For anyone reading this post and is considering a HP thin client, the minimum system memory is: flash 256/ Ram 256. The optimum system would be 512/512.
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kumar,

Cost - well remember it is an auction and people are stupid. I had a guy out bid me by biding more than what the seller want as a "Buy Now" price. If I knew the guys email address I would send him a "your stupid" email. But someone that stupid probably can't read.

I hate auctions and the people that visit them.

I go to ebay and do the buy now it saves my sanity and my adrenalin level stay at a reasonable level.

There is one guy selling "Buy Now" at $99 dollars for a 512/512 T5710. it was $89 buy now but I think this sudden surge of MJ buyers is driving the price up. Until now there was not much call for the things.
GuyOnTheAir
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: T5700 192/256 Confirmed working with MJ Reply with quote

So, I bought a T5700, with 192 MB flash drive, and 256 MB RAM. And, well, it hasn't been easy, folks.

I hope I don't forget anything, but here's what I had to do:

First off, tried to get the latest firmware from HP. But, that latest, even listed on the T5700 page, requires 256 MB flash drive. So, I kept downloading, and trying, going one version back each time, until I found the last version that would work on a 192 MB machine. You want WinXP3 5.1.113b, or sp28963.exe from HP.com.

I logged off as user, and into Admin. I went to the Control Panels>HP Login Manager and selected the auto login to be Administrator, instead of user.

From HP.com I downloaded the Altiris XPe Add-on (Remove Multiple Components), also, the add-ons to remove TeemNT, Citrix ICA, and .NET Messenger. Some of these are also allegedly removed in the multiple components one. I simply downloaded, copied to a USB stick, and plugged into the TC. There, I unpackaged them, and, as you noted above, had to find the RIPs folder, and run the appropriate EXEs. When done, I had to go to the green "lock" icon on the right task bar and Commit to save the changes, otherwise the software reappears at bootup.

Now, I went through the HD, and looked for things to delete, like an MP3 file in the shared music folder. (3 MB is alot for a file, when you only have 192 to work with, and need every ounce of space.) Then, again, to Commit the changes at the green lock.

Finally, tried to install the MagicJack. And, it was work. First, I had to make sure that the USB drivers for the various portions of the MJ were working. This required multiple trips to the Device Manager to see what was loaded, and what hadn't installed correctly. MJ requires these things, I think:

Generic USB Hub
USB Mass Storage Device
TigerJet USB Composite Device

If those don't load in Device Manager, or if you see some items without the proper, "okay" icons, MJ won't work.

Making the drivers load for these devices was almost an act of God. Since I had an XP machine on the same network as the TC, I used My Network Places to connect to it, and then tried to install the drivers for each device. Sometimes, the Windows new found hardware would open, sometimes, it seemed not, and I'd have to go to Device Manager and uninstall device, and then have it recognize it again. And each time, the necessary files to install the devices on my system were not available, so I'd have to find them on my other XP machine, and point the wizard to that location, to copy the files.

Finally, all were installed. So, another "Commit" of the green lock.

Now, upon booting the TC, I can then plug in the MJ, and it'll all work, and come up, and is working great.

All I wish is that I had enough space to install .NET so that I could use the caller ID spoofer. But, I'm out of space. Perhaps the person that created it can tell me what exact files from a .NET installation are needed for it to function, and there would be space for those exact files...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuyOnTheAir,

My hat is off to you, talk about trial and error, stamina and determination and a pretty damn good amount technical expertise thrown in for good measure.

I would have bet it couldn't be done, but for the sake of another poster I was hoping I was wrong and that it could be done. When he reads your post he is going to be one happy camper.

I Salute you Mr. "GuyOnTheAir"

And thank you for sharing the positive results and "How to" information, not everyone would have had the ability to work out a solution as you have and believe themselves stuck with an expensive "White Elephant".

Search TAG: Post by GuyOnTheAir, Thin Client, 192 Flash, will it work, Think client 192/256
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HolmanGT wrote:
GuyOnTheAir,

My hat is off to you, talk about trial and error, stamina and determination and a pretty damn good amount technical expertise thrown in for good measure.

I would have bet it couldn't be done, but for the sake of another poster I was hoping I was wrong and that it could be done. When he reads your post he is going to be one happy camper.

I Salute you Mr. "GuyOnTheAir"

And thank you for sharing the positive results and "How to" information, not everyone would have had the ability to work out a solution as you have and believe themselves stuck with an expensive "White Elephant".

Search TAG: Post by GuyOnTheAir, Thin Client, 192 Flash, will it work, Think client 192/256

Yeah, the competition is getting kinda fierce for these things on eBay. Shocked

HolmanGT wrote:
kumar,

Cost - well remember it is an auction and people are stupid. I had a guy out bid me by biding more than what the seller want as a "Buy Now" price. If I knew the guys email address I would send him a "your stupid" email. But someone that stupid probably can't read.

I hate auctions and the people that visit them.

I go to ebay and do the buy now it saves my sanity and my adrenalin level stay at a reasonable level.

There is one guy selling "Buy Now" at $99 dollars for a 512/512 T5710. it was $89 buy now but I think this sudden surge of MJ buyers is driving the price up. Until now there was not much call for the things.

EXACTLY!!! They must have noticed that people were consistently paying more than the Buy It Now. Damn
PGPfan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HolmanGT wrote:
PGPfan,

Please not my post to AUTOMAG44 very import instructions for success that I failed to mention earlier.

No worries, HolmanGT! I've managed to plod my way through without the info. I've got to say these are really cool little toys! I've got 3 of them now (Just 1 for MJ) and am having a ball messing with them.

-PGPfan
cameraman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: TC's rock Reply with quote

Hey all,
I got a 5710 on ebay last week and it is due in ups tomorrow. It said it had 512 meg or ram but didn't specify flash size. I am excited to open it up and see what it has. I have had my mj for about a month and it has worked well. I hate the idea of having the main computer running 24/7 with fan noise and heat, especially when summer arrives. This thin client solution is the cat's meow. I, like others didn't know they existed until I read about them here. I had a big plan in my mind to build a "fan free" / "drive free" compact computer wigit in a box and wouldn't ya know it, HP beat me to it. Thanks for all the good info on setup of the TC's.
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cameraman,

Can you tell me the name of the seller I may be able to come pretty close on the Flash size for you.
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those interested, some Thin Client/Linux links that might be useful:

1. H-P T5700: A Few Words in Praise of Something Small
2. (Getting FreeNAS to run on a MaxTerm Thin Client)
3. Is there a thin client terminal that will boot from USB?

Have an HP 5700 on the way that I have to add to the list of items to "Test" Wink

Looking more at the possibility of Linux running 1) Asterisk, 2) a NAS or 3) setting it up as a super Tivo/MythTV type controller (i.e., with a IR Emitter/Blaster to control a bunch of Multimedia stuff automatically on a schedule -- something most Universal Remotes can't do)
PGPfan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: T5700 192/256 Confirmed working with MJ Reply with quote

GuyOnTheAir wrote:
Finally, tried to install the MagicJack. And, it was work. First, I had to make sure that the USB drivers for the various portions of the MJ were working. This required multiple trips to the Device Manager to see what was loaded, and what hadn't installed correctly. MJ requires these things, I think:

Generic USB Hub
USB Mass Storage Device
TigerJet USB Composite Device

If those don't load in Device Manager, or if you see some items without the proper, "okay" icons, MJ won't work.

Making the drivers load for these devices was almost an act of God. Since I had an XP machine on the same network as the TC, I used My Network Places to connect to it, and then tried to install the drivers for each device. Sometimes, the Windows new found hardware would open, sometimes, it seemed not, and I'd have to go to Device Manager and uninstall device, and then have it recognize it again. And each time, the necessary files to install the devices on my system were not available, so I'd have to find them on my other XP machine, and point the wizard to that location, to copy the files.

Finally, all were installed. So, another "Commit" of the green lock.

Now, upon booting the TC, I can then plug in the MJ, and it'll all work, and come up, and is working great.

GuyOnTheAir,

Any chance you could go into a little more detail on how you found and copied the drivers over to your T5700 to make it work? I seem to be in exactly the same situation (except Im running Vista on my home box) and could sure use a step-by-step on connecting to a XP machine and finding/copying the correct driver files. Any chance I could just pull them out of an XP disk?

-PGPfan
cameraman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HolmanGT,

I got the thing today and opened it up and it has 512ram and 512 flash so I should be good to go but I can't get into the bios. It either boots into windows xp and then a kiosk or else when I hold F10 Key down it flashes the altiris screen for about 1 second then goes off trying to boot/configure or something from the network, which I don't have anything hooked up to the network card yet. I need to get to the bios so I can reflash and get rid of the kiosk garbage!!!
sparkbox
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: mJ crashes my Thin Clientq Reply with quote

I just got a HP T5710 256/256

reinstalled OS and removed the software to make room for the mJ

however everytime I insert the mJ I get a blue screen of death.

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0xF1B4F5B4, 0xF79D88E8, 0xF79D85E4)

*** AliGP.sys - Adress F1B4F5B4 base at F1B4E000, DateStamp 3fe1145c

Any suggestions?

Drive C has 53.50 MB free and Drive Z has 15.42 MB free

Or could someone make a HP ThinState Capture of a working t5710 and put the file on a FTP site for me to download?

It seems to crash while it is trying to install the USB drivers for the mJ

*I also have a t5710 512/512 and I am having the same problem*
magnum68
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HolmanGT wrote:
Magnum,

Start here:

WARNING - make sure you are on the correct down load page for whatever model you have. The download pages for the T5700, T5710 and T5720 all look pretty much the same, BUT they are not so please make sure the page you down load from on the HP site is for the model you have. Some of the files are universal and some are not. I do believe that if you goof and load the wrong file you can always reflash with the correct master OS flash for your unit and recover. I have never tested this theory and I wouldn't suggest that you do either unless forced to thru circumstance - Ouch!.

Hi HoltmanGT,
I followed your instructions and I keep on getting these pop up windows that ask for certain files. This is what it asks:

The file 'usbccgp.sys" on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD is needed.

The file 'USBAUDIO.sys" on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD is needed.

Can't find these files at all.
I flashed the unit twice and even tried MJ without removing the programs that you had listed. It won't let me load MJ.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
magnum68
cameraman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ever had trouble getting to the bios with F10 on the T5710? This sucker just flies right on by and heads straight for its cingular one kiosk. It also tries to boot from the network. I have got the usb ready but can't get it to boot from it because I can't tell the bios to look there. I even tried pulling the flash out and I did get the screen to ask if I wanted to over write the flash. I plugged in in hot (not recommended practice) but I still didn't have any keyboard control to answer YES (probably caused a bus error). I noticed there is a remote boot change order software download from hp but I don't know how to get to the TC remotely. Any ideas????
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cameraman wrote:
Anyone ever had trouble getting to the bios with F10 on the T5710? This sucker just flies right on by and heads straight for its cingular one kiosk. It also tries to boot from the network. I have got the usb ready but can't get it to boot from it because I can't tell the bios to look there. I even tried pulling the flash out and I did get the screen to ask if I wanted to over write the flash. I plugged in in hot (not recommended practice) but I still didn't have any keyboard control to answer YES (probably caused a bus error). I noticed there is a remote boot change order software download from hp but I don't know how to get to the TC remotely. Any ideas????

Does your keyboard work once it boots up? If not have you tried a USB keyboard? I think that once a USB keyboard driver has been installed the PS2 keyboard input may no longer work. Even removing the battery to cause the cmos to reset to bios defaults won't change this. If that is the case then you need to use a USB keyboard to be able to access F10 so you can get to the bios and change the boot order. Oh and once you have the boot order set then remove the USB keyboard and mouse before restarting with the dongle in place; if you don't it has trouble figuring out which USB device to try and boot the flash image from. Then you can flash the HP image and hopefully all will be well.

Last edited by VaHam on Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magnum68 wrote:

Hi HoltmanGT,
I followed your instructions and I keep on getting these pop up windows that ask for certain files. This is what it asks:

I flashed the unit twice and even tried MJ without removing the programs that you had listed. It won't let me load MJ.

Thanks,
magnum68

The following two links should get you what you need.
usbccgp.sys
USBAUDIO.sys
Smile
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: mJ crashes my Thin Clientq Reply with quote

sparkbox wrote:
I just got a HP T5710 256/256

reinstalled OS and removed the software to make room for the mJ

however everytime I insert the mJ I get a blue screen of death.

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0xF1B4F5B4, 0xF79D88E8, 0xF79D85E4)

*** AliGP.sys - Adress F1B4F5B4 base at F1B4E000, DateStamp 3fe1145c

Any suggestions?

Drive C has 53.50 MB free and Drive Z has 15.42 MB free

Or could someone make a HP ThinState Capture of a working t5710 and put the file on a FTP site for me to download?

It seems to crash while it is trying to install the USB drivers for the mJ

*I also have a t5710 512/512 and I am having the same problem*

Since I think there is information specific to each MJ it would not be wise to create a image with a MJ installed. If I get some time I may do a MJ ready image so that all one would have to do is install MJ.

Have you tried going into control panel and disabling EMF before installing MJ? Also turn off the SAM while your there. You'll have to reboot after you do that to get it to take effect. After you get MJ installed you can turn them back on and tweak SAM also.
magnum68
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VaHam wrote:
magnum68 wrote:

Hi HoltmanGT,

Thanks,
magnum68

The following two links should get you what you need.
usbccgp.sys
USBAUDIO.sys
Smile

Thanks VaHam for the links. What I did late, late late last night, I copied the files that it was asking me for from my laptop and put them on my thumbdriva and transferred them to the TC in a file that was called, I think i386. Well after doing that I tried MJ again and those pop ups didn't show, so those two files that I transferred solved my problem. But my MJ couldn't connect to their server because they were having problems. But when I woke up this morning my MJ was able to connect and I was making phone calls. YAHOOOOOO!!!
Thanks everyone for your help. Life is beautiful now.

magnum68
cameraman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks VaHam,
I'll try to get a usb keyboard on the way home tonight. Hopefully that will help. Thanks for the info.
magnum68
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cameraman wrote:
Thanks VaHam,
I'll try to get a usb keyboard on the way home tonight. Hopefully that will help. Thanks for the info.

I had to go buy a USB Keyboard yesterday for my TC. I have a serial to PS/2 adapter and plugged in my PS/2 keyboard to the TC with the adapter and no luck. It has to be a USB Keyboard.
cameraman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey VaHam,
Thanks for the info. I brought my usb keyboard home from work tonight and it fired right up. I was able to reflash and it seems to be working fine. Now all I have to do is set it up to my liking and then load the magicjack. We're having fun now folks!!! Thanks also magnum68 for your input.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cameraman wrote:
Hey VaHam,
Thanks for the info. I brought my usb keyboard home from work tonight and it fired right up. I was able to reflash and it seems to be working fine. Now all I have to do is set it up to my liking and then load the magicjack. We're having fun now folks!!! Thanks also magnum68 for your input.

Your Welcome! Heritage really started something with this thread! Smile These things are fun to play with. I now have three of them. Smile Has anybody noticed the prices go up on eBay and still climbing?

If I can figure out how to shoe horn in the printer drivers for my older sisters' printers these would be great for them. Bullet proof internet appliances. Alas the basic drivers alone for one of my sister's printers is 150M Sad

I am trying to figure out if there is some way to host something on one of my servers but still have the actual printers be at their houses......hummmm
sparkbox
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: mJ crashes my Thin Clientq Reply with quote

VaHamSince wrote:
I think there is information specific to each MJ it would not be wise to create a image with a MJ installed. If I get some time I may do a MJ ready image so that all one would have to do is install MJ.

Have you tried going into control panel and disabling EMF before installing MJ? Also turn off the SAM while your there. You'll have to reboot after you do that to get it to take effect. After you get MJ installed you can turn them back on and tweak SAM also.

I was thinking someone could provide me a working image without the mJ installed(at least I know I have confirmed working image). I removed SAM and disabled EMF still no luck - I have now tried a different mJ and I have the same problem. So odds are it cant be the equipment. The BIOS is the latest version for each model and latest OS xp sp2.

Maybe I am missing something. Could you provide a consolidated list of what you did to prepare your thin client for a mJ no matter how elementary it may seem?

Thx!
PGPfan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems I can 'almost' get MJ working on my 5700 256/256. It acts like it is setup just fine, opens the softphone, but won't allow me to switch to "handset" mode at all. In "Device Manager" there is a yellow 'bang' on something 'usb-related' but I can't pinpoint why it won't work. I have all the .sys files listed above installed, but I don't see anything mentioning "TigerJet" in "Device Manager". Shouldn't it show up there?

Anyone have any ideas (or the TigerJet driver I need Wink )?

-PGPfan
magnum68
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGPfan wrote:
Seems I can 'almost' get MJ working on my 5700 256/256. It acts like it is setup just fine, opens the softphone, but won't allow me to switch to "handset" mode at all. In "Device Manager" there is a yellow 'bang' on something 'usb-related' but I can't pinpoint why it won't work. I have all the .sys files listed above installed, but I don't see anything mentioning "TigerJet" in "Device Manager". Shouldn't it show up there?

-PGPfan

I had that problem to. It was stuck on headset mode and it would not allow me to change. What I did was I went to MJ's site and did the magic fix, which didn't fix it, then I click on a link that said something like if that didn't fix click here or something. I believe the file that I download onto the Thin Client was a file that reinstalls the software on MJ. After that it worked. Hope this helps.

magnum68
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: mJ crashes my Thin Clientq Reply with quote

sparkbox wrote:
VaHamSince wrote:
I think there is information specific to each MJ it would not be wise to create a image with a MJ installed. If I get some time I may do a MJ ready image so that all one would have to do is install MJ.

I was thinking someone could provide me a working image without the mJ installed(at least I know I have confirmed working image). I removed SAM and disabled EMF still no luck - I have now tried a different mJ and I have the same problem. So odds are it cant be the equipment. The BIOS is the latest version for each model and latest OS xp sp2.

Maybe I am missing something. Could you provide a consolidated list of what you did to prepare your thin client for a mJ no matter how elementary it may seem?

Thx!

I suspect most of us who have them working have already loaded things on top of a cleaned up image set. In addition there may be copyright problems with publishing an image with XP Pro embedded in it.

It sounds as though your already over a couple of hurdles. First your keyboard must be working if your able to get to the F10 key and change the boot order so that the USB dongle can reflash the system.

Questions:

1) Since you have the T5710 be sure your flashing the following: Microsoft Windows XP Embedded version 5.1.336 Rev. A (26 Jun 2007) Just that single image is all you need to flash.
2) Did you make the auto login Administrator?
3) Does the system work ok before you tried to install MJ after removing the necessary files on the T5710 256/256? (i.e. could you surf out to a website)
4) DID YOU CHANGE THE BOOT ORDER BACK to something other than USB first so that it doesn't try to reflash from USB again?
5) Do you have SAM and EMF disabled and have you done a reboot after disabling them and before trying to install MJ?
6) Did you remove the USB dongle with the flash image on it from the computer?
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGPfan wrote:

-PGPfan

"Yellow Bang" - you must be a Forth programmer, I have not heard of an exclamation mark referred to as a "Bang" since the days I programmed in Forth. Anyway the yellow bang is probably the missing "Tiger Jet USB composite Device" under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

I have found that when the MJ install acts funny I run the "Update.exe" for Vista from a thumb drive and it seems to repair anything that did not install correctly after that any little quirks seem to go away. Also all the system files it claims it can't find during the install can be found by browsing C:\windows\system32 and C:\windows\system32\drivers.

It sure sounds like you are close - yeah I know "horseshoes and hand grenades".
sparkbox
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: mJ crashes my Thin Client Reply with quote

VaHam wrote:

Questions:

1) Since you have the T5710 be sure your flashing the following: Microsoft Windows XP Embedded version 5.1.336 Rev. A (26 Jun 2007) Just that single image is all you need to flash.
2) Did you make the auto login Administrator?
3) Does the system work ok before you tried to install MJ after removing the necessary files on the T5710 256/256? (i.e. could you surf out to a website)
4) DID YOU CHANGE THE BOOT ORDER BACK to something other than USB first so that it doesn't try to reflash from USB again?
5) Do you have SAM and EMF disabled and have you done a reboot after disabling them and before trying to install MJ?
6) Did you remove the USB dongle with the flash image on it from the computer?

1) I've reflashed about 3x's with this image
2) Yes
3) Yes and system runs fine until I plug in the mJ then I get a blue screen
4) Yes
5) Yes
6) Yes

I haven't checked yet but I'm going to see if I can find the mini dump file to see what it recorded at the time of the crash.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: