magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HP T5730

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pshearer82
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: T5730 with XP pro, need drivers Reply with quote

I have a customer using t5720, t5730 and t5740 thin clients. Just recently they have asked us to fix them along with the other equipment we repair for them. I am new to these but figuring out a few things. They have the O/S on a Disk-on-Module, DOM, not very big so either Debian or WinXP embedded are the loads I can get from HP. I thought about getting one for my MJ but cannot get it to be recognized after putting on the HP load.

I checked out some modding forums and I have been able to get a cable to go on the board and load Windows XP Pro on a 2.5" hard drive but I have yet to find all of the drivers for the items in the device manager that has errors. I did get the wireless adapter going, just looking for the rest.

If anyone went with XP Pro and came up with drivers, please respond.
momo
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: T5730 with XP pro, need drivers Reply with quote

I know this answer is a few months after you posted, but if you're still interested,
have a look at this other thread...
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/new-mods-t5730-a-dual-core-64-bit-cpu-pcie-g-card-t3517.html
...to see some stuff we've been doing with it.

Check my signature to see what I've added to my T5730

If your customers units are broken, very little info is available about the parts on the circuit.
No schematic is available.
HP had it made for them, from another company in Taiwan.
HP doesn't make ANY of their own products any longer.

So, unless you are simply upgrading a CPU, or doing a modification as I, and others have done on here, ...finding the separate components to repair an actual dead board may be impossible, unless it's a power supply issue, or some other simple or obvious fix, like replacing the CMOS battery Smile it may be cheaper to just replace the entire motherboard.

If you are using a full install of XP Pro all the drivers should be on there already.
I had XP Pro (sp3) on my T5730 before upgrading it to a Full install of Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit...
and all drivers were easily downloaded directly from Microsoft.

You can see my system on the photo in that 1st post at the link I put, above.

pshearer82 wrote:
I have a customer using t5720, t5730 and t5740 thin clients. Just recently they have asked us to fix them along with the other equipment we repair for them. I am new to these but figuring out a few things. They have the O/S on a Disk-on-Module, DOM, not very big so either Debian or WinXP embedded are the loads I can get from HP. I thought about getting one for my MJ but cannot get it to be recognized after putting on the HP load.

I checked out some modding forums and I have been able to get a cable to go on the board and load Windows XP Pro on a 2.5" hard drive but I have yet to find all of the drivers for the items in the device manager that has errors. I did get the wireless adapter going, just looking for the rest.

If anyone went with XP Pro and came up with drivers, please respond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: