magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HP T5720 thin client power supply?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePOO
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: HP T5720 thin client power supply? Reply with quote

I'm wanting to find an alternative to running my "big iron" all the time to use MagicJack and would like to try the HP Thin Client / MagicJack combination instead. I've read a bit about the T5710 and some mention of the T5720 in the postings here. I've been looking around on eBay at some of the prices for the T5710 and it seems that the T5720 can be purchased for not much more than the T5710 and typically has more memory, etc. ...... so I figured I'd consider paying a couple more bucks for the T5720 .....

Well, anyway. Now, the confusing part for me. I've seen listings for the T5720 that say that the power supply is not included with some of them, and the price was a little less ... well, ok, I'll just go find one and everything will be fine, I thought to myself. I've looked high and low for such an animal and can't seem to find any information on such a power supply. Does the T5720 simply have some sort of DC internal power supply and requires a connection to an AC power source? -or- does the T5720 require a completely separate self-contained power supply which simply feeds DC to the unit? All the documentation I can find says something about an auto-sensing AC power supply at 50W.

I'm soooo confused ...... Can anyone having a T5710/T5720 clear this up? Internal? External? AC/DC?

I'll probably go ahead and buy the unit with a power supply and pay an extra $30 bucks ... BUT, somehow my question about the power supply is driving me nuts ... it has become a quest!
PGPfan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my supply's for the 5710's for $8.95 each from BGMicro. All you need is a DC supply that is 12V, 3.3 amps.

-PGPfan
Heritage227
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Poo,

I have a HP T5720 and it works great.

Mine has 1gb Flash and 512 ram. I just lucked out when I bought it because I didn't even know what I was buying at the time and this one was available on eBay. Very Happy

The power supply is a Model # ADP40WB

Here : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320225351426&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=320225027230&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget&_trksid=p284.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%252BIA%26itu%3DIA%252BUCI%26otn%3D4%26ps%3D42

And here is the link to PGPFan's : http://www.bgmicro.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=12293
PGPfan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Specifically, THIS ONE is the one you want. Works perfectly!

-PGPfan
Heritage227
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGP, Look up Laughing
PGPfan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear that wasn't in your post when I started to reply! Embarassed

-PGPfan
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGPfan wrote:
Specifically, THIS ONE is the one you want. Works perfectly!

-PGPfan

PGPfan: Good info ... I got one on eBay but this price is even better for a brand new item. Thanks
ThePOO
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now, my quest has ended. I can go to sleep peacefully tonight.

ok ... but seriously folks, thanks much for the information about the power supplies and where to get them. Now I can move on with my T5720 / MagicJack project.

Thanks again. I hope to post some success story about my grand experiment sometime down the road .........
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGPfan,

Excellent find, thank you.

Give a whole new meaning the the expression "You have to shop around".
slceso
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I know this is an old thread. but..

The links above are dead/ out of stock. looks like prices have gone up too. anyone make any suggestions for a cheap reliable replacement?

Best I can tell, it uses a 12v 3.33a 5.5mm x 2.1mm. If a 2.5mm will fit up (they should be pretty close), I think these will do:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Power-4-Amp-12-Volt-AC-Adapter-for-LCD-Monitor-4A-12V-F_W0QQitemZ380117057948QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLaptop_Adapters_Chargers?hash=item5880be019c

I say that based on my readings of the most reliable information source available to mankind:

The most common plugs are 5.5 mm in outside diameter (OD) and 9.5 mm in length. Two pin sizes are common in the jacks for this size plug body, 2.1 mm and 2.5 mm, and the plugs should ideally match. Generic plugs are often named for the pin diameter they are designed to take, so these types will be seen described as 2.1 mm DC plugs and 2.5 mm DC plugs respectively. These two sizes are easily confused unless seen together.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!
Alpman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use any standard 12V DC 2.5A or higher, 5.5OD/2.5ID center pin positive adapter. I've successfully used a 2.0A before on a t5520 and a few other brands/models, but that may be pushing it a bit for the 5700's. I get them in bulk pretty cheap. Let me know if you need any...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: