magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
HOWTO: OpenWRT MJMD5 w/Multiple ATA's & Screenshots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve_togo
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScarEye wrote:
steve_togo wrote:
Is CLI the only way to change my firmware to open WRT? It looks pretty complex though..

If you have DD-WRT you should be able to download the firmware (OpenWRT) and flash the router via the DD-WRT GUI.

Thanks

I tried uploading the following file this morning from my web gui and it said it is a wrong image file. I am not sure if i selected the correct file though. Please let me know if this is the wrong file.

openwrt-brcm-2.4-squashfs.trx

Thanks,
Steve
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

steve_togo
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scareye,

Thanks for your help, I am now able to connect from an external ip using IPTABLES, Finally someone was able to help me at the DD-WRT forums., But now I have this stupid problem., The calls are going directly to voicemail on one of my lines and my ATA is also ringing simultaneously., Kind of odd., Its does it occasionally with dongle also., So I guess I need to figure out the issue now.

Thanks for you time and Help Scar eye.
rameshb_v
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have purchased MJ today and it is working with normal config settings. I did not use the mjmd5. Not sure how it is working.
steve_togo
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scareye,

Just a quick question, I am having a problem with my ATA running 2 lines can you please look at your setup and let me know if you have this issue....

I have two instances of MJproxy running on my Wireless router

mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5070 proxy01.YOURCITY.talk4free.com 5070 Line1
mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5071 proxy01.YOURCITY.talk4free.com 5070 Line2

All calls that come to port 5071 (Line 2) are directly sent to my MJ VM and my ATA is also ringing., So if i attend the call on my ATA I cannot here any voice. But If i try to make an outgoing call it is working perfectly fine.

Now if i swap the lines say i make 5070 (Line 1) to 5071 (Line 2) and vice versa the 5070 (Now Line2) is working and now 5071 (Line 1 due to the swap) is not working.

So i figured out it is not MJ problem any idea why this is happening because the call is ringing on my ATA which means the port is open., But the call is going to VM which could be it is not registered but only if it is registerd my ATA will ring., I am confused whats happening.

Thanks,
Steve
az1324
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The proxy isn't written to support multiple ATAs being proxied from the same device. There needs to be more routing implemented to resolve the port conflicts.
steve_togo
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:
The proxy isn't written to support multiple ATAs being proxied from the same device. There needs to be more routing implemented to resolve the port conflicts.

Thanks, I see some people are having success using multiple MJ's on the same proxy for example., I see people with open wrt routers are able to use multiple MJ's on their wireless routers.
steve_togo
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve_togo wrote:
az1324 wrote:

Thanks, I see some people are having success using multiple MJ's on the same proxy for example., I see people with open wrt routers are able to use multiple MJ's on their wireless routers.

By the way I dont think the problem is with multiple proxies, If i run a proxy listener on port 5069 I still have that issue., It can be something else
pagemen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In theory, the same approach can be applied to DD-WRT -- just run two copies of mjproxy and you're done. So DD-WRT, Tomato or OpenWRT doesn't matter -- if OpenWRT works, then the other two should work out equally well, and there is no need to convert to OpenWRT.
steve_togo
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pagemen wrote:
In theory, the same approach can be applied to DD-WRT -- just run two copies of mjproxy and you're done. So DD-WRT, Tomato or OpenWRT doesn't matter -- if OpenWRT works, then the other two should work out equally well, and there is no need to convert to OpenWRT.

Pagemen I am having problem running it on port 5071 as i said earlier., My calls are going to voicemail as well as my phone is ringing at the same time.

I have two instances of MJproxy running on my Wireless router

mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5070 proxy01.YOURCITY.talk4free.com 5070 Line1
mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5071 proxy01.YOURCITY.talk4free.com 5070 Line2

All calls that come to port 5071 (Line 2) are directly sent to my MJ VM and my ATA is also ringing., So if i attend the call on my ATA I cannot here any voice. But If i try to make an outgoing call it is working perfectly fine.

Now if i swap the lines say i make 5070 (Line 1) to 5071 (Line 2) and vice versa the 5070 (Now Line2) is working and now 5071 (Line 1 due to the swap) is not working.

So i figured out it is not MJ problem any idea why this is happening because the call is ringing on my ATA which means the port is open., But the call is going to VM which could be it is not registered but only if it is registerd my ATA will ring., I am confused whats happening.
az1324

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve_togo wrote:
steve_togo wrote:
az1324 wrote:

By the way I dont think the problem is with multiple proxies, If i run a proxy listener on port 5069 I still have that issue., It can be something else

Well that is just a different symptom of the same issue. The problem is port 5070 routing and like I said the proxy code doesn't do anything to handle multiple clients/instances.

I think the easiest fix would be to have the proxy rewrite the port on incoming packets using sip header "Via:" and replace 5070 with the proxy listen port. Pretty easy to change the code. Then multiple instances of the proxy shouldn't conflict with each other. Try it.

Edit: Ok i tried it this version of MJMD5CL seems to work on any port meaning you should be able to run multiple instances on one machine (on different ports). Might be a dirty fix but worked when i tested it (incoming/outgoing) Someone can fix and recompile the other code. http://www.mediafire.com/?mozzn50klwm

Last edited by az1324 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
pagemen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking, for Linux, is it possible to assign mutli IP to same machine(eth0.0, eth0.1...etc.) and then the ATA connects to the local proxy using different IPs. I don't have mutli MJs to try but this should work...
ScarEye
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't have the same IP on the same machine. Also if you look at my tutorial I explained if you are going to have multiple proxies don't use the same proxy servers even though they are on different ports. Find a closer proxy server and use that for the second instance. This has worked for me.
steve_togo
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:
steve_togo wrote:
steve_togo wrote:
az1324 wrote:

Well that is just a different symptom of the same issue. The problem is port 5070 routing and like I said the proxy code doesn't do anything to handle multiple clients/instances.

I think the easiest fix would be to have the proxy rewrite the port on incoming packets using sip header "Via:" and replace 5070 with the proxy listen port. Pretty easy to change the code. Then multiple instances of the proxy shouldn't conflict with each other. Try it.

Edit: Ok i tried it this version of MJMD5CL seems to work on any port meaning you should be able to run multiple instances on one machine (on different ports). Might be a dirty fix but worked when i tested it (incoming/outgoing) Someone can fix and recompile the other code. http://www.mediafire.com/?mozzn50klwm

Thank you for your effort I see that this an EXE., And I have no idea to make changes for a DD-WRT router Can some one please tell me how to do the same or can some one do it.. Thanks

PS: I shall also post in DD-WRT thread
az1324

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sorry that was just a proof of concept. I don't have any of the router toolchains installed but someone who compiled the source before can modify and compile it again doing what I said about rewriting the port.

You could also try different proxy cities as suggested.
steve_togo
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:
Yes sorry that was just a proof of concept. I don't have any of the router toolchains installed but someone who compiled the source before can modify and compile it again doing what I said about rewriting the port.

You could also try different proxy cities as suggested.

Thanks, I have no idea how to do it in DD-WRT I have posted a request in the dd-wrt thread., Please look at it and correct it if i made any mistakes in my postins.,

By the way I tried Scareye's method of using multiple proxies in the router., Its not working for me at this point i am not sure if it is an issue with the router or it has to do something with multiple instances mjproxy. I am hoping it is MJPROXy as I got this router specifically for this and I hope this issue is corrected as soon as possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: