magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOW TO USE THE MAGICJACK WITH SKYPE AND A CORDLESS PHONE

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
centralpark
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Initiating calls without pressing ## Reply with quote

Since the magic jack software is able to dial out immediately after you finish dialing your number, I was thinking that it must be possible to initiate phone calls without having to press ##, when using the magic jack and the ip phone center.

Does anyone have some thoughts about how to make this possible...it would sure make using a cordless phone a whole lot more convenient! Very Happy
centralpark
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Does anybody have any more ideas? Reply with quote

Does anybody know hot make the magic jack automatically dial the number that i input into my cordless phone without having to press ##?
cooldude929
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we use both Skype and MJ at the same time.. Most of the time either of these would be free.. I am not expecting to handle both the calls at the same time...rather using one or the other at one time not having go through all these changes.. i have a dedicated PC running for Magic Jack.. so.. I am wondering if I can use that for Skype too.
VoipDude
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooldude929 wrote:
Can we use both Skype and MJ at the same time.. Most of the time either of these would be free.. I am not expecting to handle both the calls at the same time...rather using one or the other at one time not having go through all these changes.. i have a dedicated PC running for Magic Jack.. so.. I am wondering if I can use that for Skype too.

This is already answered in my post, which is the first post in this forum.
cooldude929
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VOIPdude,

Your post says user magicjack or skype at a time..

But, I am wondering if both of these could share the phone.. both should be listening for incoming calls...
VoipDude

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I do not have this configuration on my computer, I am unable to address this. I say go for it, and let us know the results. Wink
RShea
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone out there try the Philips VOIP321 series that has a Skype bundle and a Skype button right on their handsets?

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Single-Handset-VOIP3211G-37/dp/B000FZXHL4

Just wondering how the switching between the MJ and Skype would work on this model? It also has it's own slightly customized version of Skype and recommends you use the CD included with the phones for the Skype and not to download from the internet.
VoipDude

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose not to go this route, as I wanted to use my existing cordless phone, and not incur the expense of an added Skype handset.

I am not not sure how this setup would work switching back and forth between Skype & magicJack. If you try it, let us know.
waterborn0
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Working with Vista Reply with quote

So I finally got these drivers (most of them but not all) to work under Vista 64 (and Vista 32).

The first problem with both versions of Vista is that you must install from an Admin users account of which the "User Account Control" option is turned off in the security options. Otherwise, this software will not install correctly.

If you do not see the dialog that requests you to enter your name, then you have failed to do the above.

When you have the above installed under either Vista, you will always have an error when starting up. From the previous email from me on same subject, that message indicates a problem with the database recording.

Just select OK, and your MJ hardware will function with Skype without requiring ## to dial or answer. As a matter of fact, if you do enter ## to dial a call, the software will dial the number that you want and also dial the first entry in your contact list - so don't hit ##.

However, in the system event log, the file "TLRecAgent.sys" will fail to load. This driver is installed but cannot be loaded in either version of Vista, for some reason??

Anyone have a Vista version of this driver?
VoipDude

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This software has always run on my Vista 32 laptop without any issues, workarounds or special configurations. It has basically been plug & play for me.
waterborn0
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="VoipDude"][b]This software has always run on my Vista 32 laptop without any issues, workarounds or special configurations. It has basically been plug & play for me.[/b][/quote]

One point on a graph does not make a trend... :)

This driver set has specific needs to be installed successful. You obviously have met those needs. However, as evidenced here, others have not.

Again, does anyone have the Vista version of this driver??
VoipDude

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waterborn0 wrote:

One point on a graph does not make a trend... Smile

This driver set has specific needs to be installed successful. You obviously have met those needs. However, as evidenced here, others have not.

Again, does anyone have the Vista version of this driver??

It is not one point on a graph, but rather the majority that have no issue with the software and/or drivers. As mentioned in my earlier posts, newer chipsets on the MJ dongles can have issues, but the older chipsets work well.

Again, theses drivers are the Vista version!!!
waterborn0
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="VoipDude"][quote="waterborn0"]

One point on a graph does not make a trend... :)

Again, does anyone have the Vista version of this driver??[/quote]

[b]It is not one point on a graph, but rather the majority that have no issue with the software and/or drivers. As mentioned in my earlier posts, newer chipsets on the MJ dongles can have issues, but the older chipsets work well.

Again, theses drivers are the Vista version!!![/b][/quote]

Ok... you are right. there is no problem with these software. It runs perfectly just like your logic.
VoipDude

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted on this forum to offer assistance, not to argue or banter back & forth with sarcastic comments.

If that's what you're looking for, I'm afraid you'll have to look elsewhere.
Gear-Monkey
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VoipDude wrote:
The newer magicJack chips appear not to be compatible with the TJ software. Older dongles appear to work fine.

Is there a solution for this or are the new dongles hopeless?
VoipDude

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gear-Monkey wrote:

Is there a solution for this or are the new dongles hopeless?

Since I only own an older dongle, I am unable to address this issue.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: How To Make Skype Calls on magicJack Reply with quote

First you need to download and install the Skype software plugin "SkyjackPlugin" from http://www.pcphonesoft.com.

To place Skype calls just dial * before the number you want to call. Speed dial numbers are available for dialing other Skype users. Regular magicJack calls are placed as normal. For incoming calls, just answer the phone when it rings.
VoipDude

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is another option to use magicJack with Skype. The cost of the software is $12.95. Soon they will release a software option to use magicJack with X-Lite/SIP.
acegolfer
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this with Gizmo5 but can't get it to work.

1. Incoming: When I call Gizmo from my cell, the phone (connected to magicjack dongle) doesn't ring.

2. Outgoing: When I pick up the phone, I head dial tone so I tried to make outgoing call. But nothing happens. I can see the numbers are typed in Gizmo app as punch the numbers on the phone but that's it.

Any help will be appreciated.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread and the solutions previously described are solely for using Skype from http://www.skype.com with a magicJack.
VoipDude

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Precisely
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Release 1.01 of the Skype plugin for magicJack is now available for download at http://www.pcphonesoft.com .

It includes out of band DTMF support for touch tone menu use (i.e. FreeConferenceCalls.com, ATMs, Phone Cards, etc).
[email protected]
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Does this still work? Reply with quote

I have followed the steps mentioned in the first post, but am running into issues.

I am able to call into my skype number and will ring my phone, but after that call, skype dies, and something tries to open up a window to cuphone.com. I am guessing it is the IP Phone Center.

Is anyone else having this issue?

IP Phone Center 8.30.3

Thanks,

revoohc
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Release 1.05 of the Skype plugin for magicJack is now available for download at http://www.pcphonesoft.com .
VoipDude

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go with the Skype plugin for magicJack as posted by redpepper.
kvnhmmd
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, VoipDude, the IP Phone Center works well on my windows 7 x64 installation.

The SkyJack plugin works well too, but just wish you had to press * to use the magicjack side, rather than the skype side of the plugin
VoipDude

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. I'm happy to know that this has worked for you.
rocco007
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VoipDude wrote:
You're welcome. I'm happy to know that this has worked for you.

The two ports used by MajicJack 5060 & 5070 UDP are blocked by internet provider. Do you think by using skype which uses different ports I can get back on ?
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - you have a much better chance using Skype. If you look at some of the advanced options in the Skype dialer you can manually change the ports used if necessary.
jcteck88
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Use the MJ with Skype Reply with quote

Now i am no computer guy. I fix computers and thats about it. I purchased a VOIP151 corded usb phone for skype. I also have the magic jack. Now i set my windows 7 laptop to ask me to run anything. With the newest version of skype installed I simply plugged in my magic jack and clicked deny to run the software. Then my skype popped up and said it found a new audio device and i clicked allow and now i can use my skype with magic jack. the issue is it only works if i start the call from the software then pick up the phone. I am going to downloAD THE software provided in this site. Thank you!
VoipDude

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The software should work well for your purposes. Enjoy Smile
astro46
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have an older dongle, unregistered, not able to work with mj any longer.

i plug it into a usb port, plug the cordless headset (plantronics, which normally plugs into phone line) into dongle, set skype audio setting to use "usb internet phone by tigerjet" and i can make calls through skype, and have them come through the headset.

mj is also plugged in and operating, at the same time.
VoipDude

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you're able to use your old dongle with Skype Smile
lousk
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please help!
I am sorry. I do not seem to understand exactly what I need to do in order to get the Philips VOIP151 working with Magic Jack.
Would it matter if I have the 4th generation MJ?
ThankX!
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you are aware, that is a VoIP USB phone and the software that comes with it are geared to only support keypad dialing with Skype.

You can use your VoIP USB Phone with magicJack but only as a simple audio device (i.e. like a headset) and all dialing and incoming call acceptance will have to manually be done via the magicJack dialer itself.

If you want to do the latter, right mouse click on the magicJack dialer icon and select Volume/Headset Control. Select Headset in the window that opens and then select your VoIP USB phone as the audio device (i.e. possibly called USB Audio Device).

The reverse approach would be to buy a regular or cordless phone to use with your magicJack USB dongle to place magicJack calls. If you want to also automatically be able to place and receive Skype calls from that same regular or cordless phone you can install the Skyjack Plugin from http://www.pcphonesoft.com .
lousk
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your detailed reply above.

I was hoping I could use the VOIP151 without the MJ dongle, and just by using x-lite + mjmd5.

Do you know of a generic USB handset (not exactly a voip phone) that can be used like a 'regular' telephone including dialing out with the MJ credentials along with the software mentioned?
Ann.Cal
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Skype Not loding pdh.dll missing Reply with quote

I've a HP 5710 running MJ but need to add Skype so I downloaded Skype 4.2 and installed it on my computer. I'm using windows XPe. When I try to run to program from the desktop shortcut, I recieve an error: Cannot load the DLL (pdh.dll)! with a single option to press OK. I press Ok and nothing happens. No skype, no nothing

Any ideas how to correct o repair the problem

Thx Ann
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyjack Plugin Release 2.0 is now available for download from the PCPhoneSoft website and it is compatible with magicJack's brand new dialer.

In case you are not familiar with this plugin, it upgrades a basic magicJack to allow dual mode MJ + Skype calling from the same phone.

An active MJ subscription is NOT required to use Skyjack Plugin Release 2.0 with a MJ USB dongle if you just want to place incoming and outgoing Skype calls.

You can download and try out the new Skyjack Plugin release for free for 7 days even if you previously tried it in the past.
n0ukf
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: HOW TO USE THE MAGICJACK WITH SKYPE AND A CORDLESS PHONE Reply with quote

VoipDude wrote:
[b] The key to making this work is a simple piece of software written by TigerJet. Since the MJ dongle is based on the TigerJet software and chip, it plays very nicely with this software.

The software I am speaking of is (IP Phone Center) by TigerJet.

1) Download this software for free, and run the install program. http://www.tjnet.com/software/ip_phone/installation.htm

This old link and every other one I find in search results is invalid. Where can I find this software now?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
millermoto
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the software here -

http://download.cnet.com/Skyjack-Plugin-for-MagicJack/3000-2349_4-75118728.html
AdmiralDecker
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:14 am    Post subject: IP Phone Center Reply with quote

millermoto wrote:
I found the software here - {pcphonesoft link via Cnet}

Sorry, but that is not the TigerJet software that n0ukf was requesting.

n0ukf wrote:
The software I am speaking of is (IP Phone Center) by TigerJet. {http://www.tjnet.com/software/ip_phone/installation.htm}
This old link and every other one I find in search results is invalid. Where can I find this software now?

Unfortunately, TJNet pulled all of the links quite a while ago. The actual filename of the last IP Phone Center build was "IPC830_3_t.msi" and it supported Win98SE, WinME, and XP, also known to work on Vista.

You might try requesting the filename and see if anyone has it on a local drive so they can send it to you.

Or perhaps send VoipDude a PM and ask him. Wink
--AD
steve_t3a
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Skype Reply with quote

I'm a little late to this game, but I have an expired MJ that I want to use to plug a regular phone in to use my paid Skype # with to make and receive calls. Looked at the Skyjack (http://www.pcphonesoft.com/index.html) but not sure if that's what I want or if there is another way.
Bill Smith

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that this software is for use only with Google Voice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: