magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to update/upgrade MJ+

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raylinkz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: How to update/upgrade MJ+ Reply with quote

I was interested in this and couldn't find the answer on this forum or MJ FAQ. Here's what CS responded.
===========================

ll operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
You are now chatting with 'Adam'
Your Issue ID for this chat isX
Adam: Hello, how may I help you?
Paul: My MJ+ device is plugged directly into my router and is working very well. I want to know if it will update automatically when necessary or will I need to intervene in some manner?
Adam: I understand you, Paul. Please do not worry with that once we have new update it will automatically update your device.
Paul: Thank you for your help
Adam: You are welcome.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: How to update/upgrade MJ+ Reply with quote

raylinkz wrote:
I was interested in this and couldn't find the answer on this forum or MJ FAQ. Here's what CS responded.
===========================

ll operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
You are now chatting with 'Adam'
Your Issue ID for this chat isX
Adam: Hello, how may I help you?
Paul: My MJ+ device is plugged directly into my router and is working very well. I want to know if it will update automatically when necessary or will I need to intervene in some manner?
Adam: I understand you, Paul. Please do not worry with that once we have new update it will automatically update your device.
Paul: Thank you for your help
Adam: You are welcome.

As it stands right now, you have to plug your Plus into your USB port from time to time to see if an update is available. Of course if you check this forum, say once a week or so, I am 100% sure you will see when one is avail.
That being said I believe they are working on having it update while plugged into your router. As with everything MJ it can be later today, next week or later next year or longer when it happens
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: