magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to "stop" Magicjack outputing over computer so

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mountain
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject: How to "stop" Magicjack outputing over computer so Reply with quote

When I recieve a phone call "my voice" comes accross my computer sound system while I talk on the phone. Not only is it annoying but if I get the phone anywhere near my computer system you get horrifically loud feed back through the computer sound system.

I have tried every setting I can think of on magicjack to no avail, one would think there would be specific settings for input output on the computer, but all I can find is the setting for telephone and headset. I turned headset off and dropped the mic and output levels to zero and no change. I would not be so bad but I literrally have to stay at least 15 feet from my computer while on the phone and even then turning the wrong direction can start the feedback loop up again.

There must be a way to have control over this. I do not need magick jack to even use the computer, in fact I would prefer to be hooked directly to my wireless router that why I bought tha magicjack plus, but apparently the magic jack plus does not work unless you hook it directly to the USB on your computer.

I have found many instructions on how to "get" magic jack to output sound over your computer speakers but not one to tell you how to get to "stop" outputing sound over computer speakers..

I also have an annoying buzz on my computer speakers at all times now even when I have no sound playing over my speakers and the phone is not being used.

Dissapointing that the magicjack plus doesn't work via the wireless router as advertised but I can live with that, the sound problems and whatnot I cannot live with though...

Is there some set of settings that I have somehow missed in Magicjack?
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Mountain
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, figured it out on my own.... If anyone else has this trouble this is how you deal with it..

right click on your speaker "icon" lower right of your desktop window and select "recording devices".

In the window that opens select "Handset" 2-USB Internet Phone by TigerJet.
Click the button at the bottom of the window that says "Set default"

Next click on "properties"

In the window that opens select the "listen" tab... uncheck the "Listen to this device"

Also click on the window below the check box where it says "Playback through this device" and select the (2-USB Internet Phone by Tigerjet)

Click "apply" on the bottom right of the window and then click "OK".

This will stop your voice from brodcasting over your computer speakers and stop you from having feedback signals through the computer when your phone is near your computer..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: