magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to setup automatic updates with MJ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stryker
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: How to setup automatic updates with MJ? Reply with quote

I have been seeing on ebay that some of the new thin clients such as T5720 can now be configured to automatically take the MJ updates without us to have to physically do it with mouse and keyboard. A way was found to.......

"get around the dreaded Write Filter feature of the XP Embedded on Thin Clients with Flash Drive. When magicJack update is available your unit will download, install and save magicJack updates automatically. MagicJack updates gets a FREE pass!!!"

Anybody know how to configure XP embedding write filter to automatically take the updates? Thanks in advance.

Stryker
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: How to setup automatic updates with MJ? Reply with quote

Stryker wrote:
I have been seeing on ebay that some of the new thin clients such as T5720 can now be configured to automatically take the MJ updates without us to have to physically do it with mouse and keyboard. A way was found to.......

"get around the dreaded Write Filter feature of the XP Embedded on Thin Clients with Flash Drive. When magicJack update is available your unit will download, install and save magicJack updates automatically. MagicJack updates gets a FREE pass!!!"

Anybody know how to configure XP embedding write filter to automatically take the updates? Thanks in advance.

Stryker

Right click on the green EWF icon select disable and reboot. Of coarse you loose all the benefits of EWF in the process!
Stryker
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: How to setup automatic updates with MJ? Reply with quote

VaHam wrote:
Stryker wrote:

Stryker

Right click on the green EWF icon select disable and reboot. Of coarse you loose all the benefits of EWF in the process!

So basically with my limited understanding the EWF stores the overlay data (ie MJ updates) in the RAM instead of the flash disk? So is it better to simply let it stay on the ram? I have not done any update in at least a year so I would assume the MJ updates are being dumped/stored onto the RAM. Should save the update from MJ to flash disk or let it stay in the RAM? Your expertise much appreciated. Let me know. Thanks.

Stryker
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: How to setup automatic updates with MJ? Reply with quote

Stryker wrote:
VaHam wrote:
Stryker wrote:

Stryker

So basically with my limited understanding the EWF stores the overlay data (ie MJ updates) in the RAM instead of the flash disk? So is it better to simply let it stay on the ram? I have not done any update in at least a year so I would assume the MJ updates are being dumped/stored onto the RAM. Should save the update from MJ to flash disk or let it stay in the RAM? Your expertise much appreciated. Let me know. Thanks.

Stryker

Well if you have not been committing the updates to flash and ewf is enabled then your MJ must update every time it is restarted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: