magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to make international calls w/ magicjack?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magicjackernc
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: How to make international calls w/ magicjack? Reply with quote

Soldier just stationed in Korea and her # is
011 82 10 8425 xxxx

This is the number I dialed thru my Verizon cell at $1.54 per minute. OUCH!

Texts costs 25 cents but she's not getting them.

How can I use magicjack to call? Would a calling card work?

Anyone have any ideas how to be in contact w/ her cheaply (free would be best like online computer to cell phone texting but haven't been able to find any that would work for South Korea)? She plans to get a computer in a few months so we can do the skype....but in the mean time?
diamond45
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to sign up to make International calls and to add money to the plan (these calls are not free).

From the MJ website:

To purchase minutes for International calling:

Click the bottom left corner of your magicJack SoftPhone on your computer where it reads "Click Here To Order" or "my.magicJack.com"

Rates are here:

http://www.magicjack.com/international/
Magicjackernc
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know that! Thought magicjack was only good for US and Canada. Thank you so much!

KOREA, REP. (SOUTH) MOBILE B 8210, 8212, 8213, 8215, 8216, 8218, 8219 $0.0900

So it would be 9 cents a minute? That beats 25 cents per text message or the $1.54 thru Verizon.

I'll look into it!

Thanks again!
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Skype, I believe Korea blocks VOIP services from non-Korean companies, even on base.

She may need to subscribe to a local VOIP provider, unless she's willing to try creative work-arounds.
Magicjackernc
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This email message says something about adding an 'additonal number' to call FROM- so that I can call her from my cell- to Korea...and it still only costs the 9 cents a minute?

WOW!!!!

The email:

Thank you for purchasing $10.00 of international calling. You may use your purchase to make calls from your magicJack, mobile phone, or any other telephone number you have registered under your magicJack account.

YMax, the largest telecommunications company in the country, is proud to offer all magicJack customers low international rates to over 229 countries.

Click here to see our international rates.

To register a new number click here, login to your account and select the "Register Phone Number" button. Choose the magicJack number you wish to register your new number under, enter the phone number and "Click To Save Numbers".

To place an international call from your magicJack, please follow these easy steps:

Dial 011 + country code + city code + local number. If the city code begins with a 0 (zero), do not dial the 0 (zero).

For placing an international call from another registered number please dial 1-305-848-9999 from that phone number. When prompted dial 011 plus your international number followed by the # sign.

Note: Some countries, such as The Dominican Republic, Trinidad & Tobago and Jamaica, do not require dialing 011. All you have to dial is the area code and local number.

Thank you,

YMax International Service
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, just be careful. Unless you can somehow add the MJ international service number to your "friends list," (or make the calls during your free nights and weekends) you'll still use your minutes while making the MJ international calls.
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check your pm
Everton
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: How to make international calls w/ magicjack? Reply with quote

Magicjackernc wrote:
Soldier just stationed in Korea and her # is
011 82 10 8425 xxxx

This is the number I dialed thru my Verizon cell at $1.54 per minute. OUCH!

Texts costs 25 cents but she's not getting them.

How can I use magicjack to call? Would a calling card work?

Anyone have any ideas how to be in contact w/ her cheaply (free would be best like online computer to cell phone texting but haven't been able to find any that would work for South Korea)? She plans to get a computer in a few months so we can do the skype....but in the mean time?

Why not send her a Magic Jack already setup with US (?) telephone number and talk for free?
Magicjackernc
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The calls won't go thru.

I can call using my cell (at $1.57 per minute with Verizon).

But using magicjack at home or using their 1-305 # to call using my cell- the calls won't go thru.

Can someone help me?

The Korean # is:
011 to dial international
82 country code
010 city code
8425-xxxx is the phone number

so I dial:
01182108425xxxx (leaving off the first 0 in the city code)
jans23
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also want to know how to call internationally using magicjack for free. thanks.
black_icon
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ jans23,

Calling International numbers using your magicJack is absolutely NOT FOR FREE. You need to purchase International minutes for your MJ device. Click the bottom left corner of your magicJack SoftPhone on your computer where it reads "Click Here To Order" or "my.magicJack.com".

@ Magicjackernc,

If you're using your registered cell phone (registered to your MJ account)to call internationally, you need to dial this way: You need to dial 1-305-848-9999 first. When prompted dial 011 plus your international number followed by the # sign.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: it's FREE Reply with quote

It's FREE to call overseas, IF the person you are calling (overseas) has a MagicJack...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: