magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How much Average power consumption does HP t5720 draw?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uniquefa2
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: How much Average power consumption does HP t5720 draw? Reply with quote

I saw in the spec, AC power adator for HP t5720 is 50 Watt. Can anyone tell me how much is Average power consumption for t5720? If t5720 is going to power up 24/7 everyday, then how much Watt does t5720 draw is important.

Someone claim Wyse v90L average power consumption is only 7-10 Watt without attaching to mouse, keyboard, and monitor. It sounds like wyse thin client draw a lot less power than t5720. Someone claim Wyse V90L can also work with Magic Jack. I am trying to minimize the cost of power consumption for operating Magic Jack since this is going to be on for 24/7 everyday. Can any expert comment on this?

Thanks
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: How much Average power consumption does HP t5720 draw? Reply with quote

uniquefa2 wrote:
I saw in the spec, AC power adator for HP t5720 is 50 Watt. Can anyone tell me how much is Average power consumption for t5720? If t5720 is going to power up 24/7 everyday, then how much Watt does t5720 draw is important.

Someone claim Wyse v90L average power consumption is only 7-10 Watt without attaching to mouse, keyboard, and monitor. It sounds like wyse thin client draw a lot less power than t5720. Someone claim Wyse V90L can also work with Magic Jack. I am trying to minimize the cost of power consumption for operating Magic Jack since this is going to be on for 24/7 everyday. Can any expert comment on this?

Thanks

I do not own a T5720 but I can tell you that my T5710's which have had their flash memory replaced with 4GB microdrives draw 9 watts.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh just a thought if your looking for horsepower/watt you may want to take a look at the Acer AspireRevo which has a 65 watt power supply and probably only uses a small portion of that.

The AspireRevo has a 1.6G Atom processor 1GB of ram and a 160GB hard drive in a small package much like the T5720. It comes with XP home edition.

http://www.pcconnectionexpress.com/IPA/Shop/Product/Detail?Sku=11077935&SourceID=k54384 $159 delivered!
newtoncd
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VaHam wrote:
Oh just a thought if your looking for horsepower/watt you may want to take a look at the Acer AspireRevo which has a 65 watt power supply and probably only uses a small portion of that.

The AspireRevo has a 1.6G Atom processor 1GB of ram and a 160GB hard drive in a small package much like the T5720. It comes with XP home edition.

http://www.pcconnectionexpress.com/IPA/Shop/Product/Detail?Sku=11077935&SourceID=k54384 $159 delivered!

+1

The Revo is identical in size to an HP thin client. I have run both and prefer the Revo .... it also works nicely with Linux. Power consumption is:
-2.57 watts in sleep mode
-16.61 watts at idle
-21.49 watts at full load.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newtoncd wrote:
VaHam wrote:

+1

The Revo is identical in size to an HP thin client. I have run both and prefer the Revo .... it also works nicely with Linux. Power consumption is:
-16.61 watts at idle

Hey thanks for the power numbers that is great info. If I had a few spare bucks I'd love to have one or two of these as Asterisk boxes.
uniquefa2
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: How much Average power consumption does HP t5720 draw? Reply with quote

VaHam wrote:
uniquefa2 wrote:

Thanks

I do not own a T5720 but I can tell you that my T5710's which have had their flash memory replaced with 4GB microdrives draw 9 watts.

Thanks to VaHam and newtoncd's input

VaHam:

Thanks for your quick response, 9 watts is pretty good. I am not sure T5720 will do the same.

VaHam wrote:

Normally I turn my computer into hibernation mode when I am not using it to save the electric bill. To use the magic jack, I need a device which is on everyday (that means I have to leave my router and this device on all the time). My purpose is trying to find a device so magic jack is on all the time, that means I prefer not to use a device which draw a lot of power or Wattage.
Thanks for pointing out AspireRevo, I don't know much about "Asterisk" (this is new to me, I have to do some study on it. If there is value to me, it may change my mind).

newtoncd wrote:

+1

-16.61 watts at idle

newtoncd:

Thanks for the number. 2.57 watts in sleep mode is pretty good. If SSD (solid state drive) price drop more, may be I can consider to replace the hard drive with 16 GB or 32 GB SSD

To my knowledge magic jack is not going to work when computer/thin client is in sleep mode. If magic jack can automatic wake up computer/thin client from sleep mode when it receive a call, that will resolve my concern and many more people will start to use magic jack.
Very Happy

newtoncd
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: How much Average power consumption does HP t5720 draw? Reply with quote

uniquefa2 wrote:

Thanks for the number. 2.57 watts in sleep mode is pretty good. If SSD (solid state drive) price drop more, may be I can consider to replace the hard drive with 16 GB or 32 GB SSD

To my knowledge magic jack is not going to work when computer/thin client is in sleep mode. If magic jack can automatic wake up computer/thin client from sleep mode when it receive a call, that will resolve my concern and many more people will start to use magic jack.
Very Happy

I agree a SSD would be a good option, especially since I only use the Revo for magicJack. However, with the Intel Atom chipset, 65 watt power supply and the fact it is in idle mode running magicJack, it is still quite inexpensive to leave on 24/7; I am estimating approximately $2-$3 a month.

I am basing that off the fact that running a 300 watt PC 24/7 is estimated to be somewhere around $12-$16 a month.

For either option, add in $1.70 a month of magicJack service and the price is still quite a bit cheaper than most commercial providers.

Having said all of that, I would love for magicJack to offer a BYOD. I would pay more for the service if they would provide SIP credentials out in the open and not try and play cat and mouse with their updates, changing some passwords, forcing the use of mjproxy for some, etc.
uniquefa2
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: How much Average power consumption does HP t5720 draw? Reply with quote

newtoncd wrote:

I agree a SSD would be a good option, especially since I only use the Revo for magicJack. However, with the Intel Atom chipset, 65 watt power supply and the fact it is in idle mode running magicJack, it is still quite inexpensive to leave on 24/7; I am estimating approximately $2-$3 a month.

I am basing that off the fact that running a 300 watt PC 24/7 is estimated to be somewhere around $12-$16 a month.

For either option, add in $1.70 a month of magicJack service and the price is still quite a bit cheaper than most commercial providers.

Having said all of that, I would love for magicJack to offer a BYOD. I would pay more for the service if they would provide SIP credentials out in the open and not try and play cat and mouse with their updates, changing some passwords, forcing the use of mjproxy for some, etc.

Thanks for your info, I guess I never sit down and calculate how much it cost to ran the device 24/7 for a month. $2-$3 is nothing. You just clear out my concern.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: