magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How many minutes do you use your MagicJack a day?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many minutes do you use your MagicJack a day?
15 minutes
29%
 29%  [ 18 ]
30 minutes
26%
 26%  [ 16 ]
45 minutes
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
1 hour
16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
1 hour 15 minutes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1 hour 30 minutes
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
1 hour 45 minutes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
2 hours
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
2 hours 15 minutes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
2 hours 30 minutes
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
2 hours 45 minutes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
3 hours
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
more than 3 hours a day
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 61

macman4hire
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: How many minutes do you use your MagicJack a day? Reply with quote

I thought it might be interesting poll the forum members on how many minutes they use their MagicJack's a day. Please do your best to estimate your usage per day. Your answer does not have to be spot on!
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Anne
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only use MJ for long distance calls and have been very happy with it. It's in use probably a max of 35 minutes a day, sometimes less.

Anne
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 minute is the average.It is strictly my desk phone.
Popgory
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: How many minutes do you use your MagicJack a day? Reply with quote

macman4hire wrote:
I thought it might be interesting poll the forum members on how many minutes they use their MagicJack's a day. Please do your best to estimate your usage per day. Your answer does not have to be spot on!

Heck, I just looked at the log; 2hrs easy. (The MRS, a school teacher, is now off for the summer.)
Llamaman
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose 15 minutes because there wasn't an option for 5.
kwerner
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Watch Out! the latest June Update Imposed a Time limit of 60 Reply with quote

I'm a telecommuter and up until the last software update a huge proponent of MJ. Now the problems just grow and grow. I've read all the stuff on ATA's and that's sad because that would have been a better choice than having a dongle. I mean, there's a reason the other guys use ATA's an not a dongle right? Voice quality.

Be advised, the new limit of phone calls is 60 minutes and then the line is dropped. I participate and hold conference calls as part of my job. Before the upgrade (had MJ for 2 years) I never had this issue. Now, I can only hold a phone session for 60 minutes before I'm dropped. Absolute stupidity to the extreme. Oh, and on top of that, random beeps now appear when they never did before - except now I don't hear the beeps.

Digressing further, there really IS a difference between the generations of the MJ dongle. My older MJ (what I use for my home office) has never ever had an echo problem - still doesn't. Yet the 2nd MJ I bought as the house phone constantly has an echo issue. Doesn't matter the server it connects to nor whether I turn down the Mic volume. Always get the echo. Even replaced that MJ witha new RMA'd one and still gets the echo. Yet my in-law has an older generation MJ and he never gets an echo (like my other MJ I use for work).

Did you ever notice that regardless of the problem, MJ tech support always runs you through the same script? Unplug MJ, plug into another USB. Reboot router. Choose Upgrade. Magicfix, DIVX codec.... blah, blah, blah Same old script - never is there a fix or result.

I'm very disappointed with all that's happened. I, like many others, would be willing to pay a little more to make these obvious bugs go away (I have to assume it's poor software quality because no one would be stupid enough to impose those "features" in a release. - heck, I'd even host a server if that would help.

I sure hope these issues are resolved soon. It'd be a shame to have this service relegated to the low-end VOIP heap to avoid that some providers get lumped into with DSLReports. Unless of course they want to change their message on the commercials......

"Try Magicjack.It's only $20/yr but wait! There's more! Why you get for free all of these features:
- free random DTMF beeps to your unsuspecting ears
- free dropped phone calls because we can't do busy signals
- inability to do call forwarding (but we'll tell you it works)
- free black listing if we don't like what you say about us
- plus, for no charge, we'll limit each phone call to 60 minutes before we drop you
- and finally - uniformity in our tech support. Yep, it's true. No matter what your problem, we have one single tech support script we train Bobo the South American monkey to read to you giving you the satisfaction that everything can be solved if you only follow these simple steps

That's right folks, buy MagicJack and say goodbye to your phone company forever. "

Somehow, I doubt those commercials would change to reflect this.
fulcrum
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family uses it for 2 to 3 hrs a day. so 2.5hrs/day average.
onlyme
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have nor ever had a 60 min limit, I do however have a 2 hour limit, after 2 hours I'm ready to give my ear a rest. I have no echo's or random beeps either nor do I have dropped calls. All the friends I chat with daily do not experiance these problems either.

I avarage 4 to 5 hours a day on my MaginJack. Its the best money I've ever spent, I dropped ATT months ago. I am saving big bucks and loving it. I do however have a cell phone as a backup just in case.
cubertsmom
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: daily time use of magicJack Reply with quote

Right now -less than 5 minutes.
We have had magicJack for over a year. We used to use it a lot - more than 2 hours but now we can't use it consistently. We can't make calls, they won't go through. When we are called, we accept the call pick up the receiver and it keeps on ringing constantly - we are unable to answer calls.
TransferCutter
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only use it once or twice a week. Been cut off after an hour but I just called back. No big deal. Saved a fortune when I went to Holland and called home. Was nice to call home for free. MJ paid for itself that week.
geohaneke
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Usage Reply with quote

I use mine for long distance calls and faxes. My average is probably less than 15 minutes a day, but when sending numerous faxes, I might send out 60 in one day. I also use it when making any call where I do not want my home phone number to be on a caller id. It has worked great for about six months and I am pretty happy with.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kgm032
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about zero...the call quality makes it useless
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: