magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how can i stop telemarkerers on magicjack?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuggo
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: how can i stop telemarkerers on magicjack? Reply with quote

i get regular calls from telemarketers on my magicjack phone. some of them know my name. how can i stop them from calling me. how can i stop them from getting my magicjack phone number? should i just tell them to stop calling me or ask them where and how they got my magicjack phone number? i think most of them would lie or they got it from a list that their supervisor gave to them. Question
Gregg
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: how can i stop telemarkerers on magicjack? Reply with quote

fuggo wrote:
i get regular calls from telemarketers on my magicjack phone. some of them know my name. how can i stop them from calling me. how can i stop them from getting my magicjack phone number? should i just tell them to stop calling me or ask them where and how they got my magicjack phone number? i think most of them would lie or they got it from a list that their supervisor gave to them. Question

Register your number at http://www.donotcall.gov
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh - thank you for bring this up! I have my MJ number forwarded to my verizon land-line number and have been wondering why I've been getting telemarketer calls when I have the land-line registered with Do Not Call (always assuming these were 'bad guy' who just didn't check the do-not-call registry). I just added my MJ number to the do-not-call registry. Thank you!
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: how can i stop telemarkerers on magicjack? Reply with quote

fuggo wrote:
i get regular calls from telemarketers on my magicjack phone. some of them know my name. how can i stop them from calling me.

I've heard that you can put the initial "bee-bahh" tone of the "This number has changed" recording into your voice message. Telemarketing software will remove you when it gets that tone. You'd have to use something like Audacity to add your voice message to the end of that tone, then play it back as the MagicJack voice mail prompts you to record your voice.

The tone might confuse some legitimate callers.

Here is the tone: http://www.scn.org/~bk269/errorbeeps45.wav

This might work too:

http://www.phonetray.com/ptfree_features.htm

You have to connect a modem to the MJ USB device. The software tells you who's calling. Has customizeable ringtones. Lets you play a message to unknown callers asking them to press a key to unblock them (detects that it's a real person).

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: