magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help using MagicJack with HP TC t5700 1G 192/256

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stroths
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony wrote:
stroths wrote:

To clarify on the RAM, you want 512MB pc2700 (333MHz) SODIMM. It's also DDR (not DDR2). It's the same stuff you use on older laptops. As long as you get those specs, it should work. Some brands might not work

Hi Stroths,
Thanks for clarifying the specs on the RAM. I wasn't sure if 266 or 333 speed made a difference (apparently not). I ordered RAM from memory.com in Texas and their look-up system came up with this Transend item"512M DDR333 SO-DIMM CL2.5 234199-0852" stick. However, when I put it in the TC, the TC won't boot. It freezes at the white HP logo on bootup. No amount of pressing on F10 or any other key will get it unfrozen.

Could I have bad RAM?. I don't have any other RAM to test. The TC works with the stock 256 MB RAM, but there isn't much freeboard left in free RAM.

Can someone confirm if they have the same Transcend 512 RAM, whether it works in your T5700? If so maybe I have a case to send it back for replacement and hopefully not have to pay shipping again ($18 to Canada).

thanks.

The t5700 comes with pc2100 ram by default. However, most pc2700 is backwards compatible. These thin clients can be picky about RAM so you might have a bad stick or you just have one your TC doesn't like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: