magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! Sold MJ and Bought plus.. but cant transfer it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flightdog
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Help! Sold MJ and Bought plus.. but cant transfer it? Reply with quote

I just upgraded to the Plus since they had it on sale.

I sold my original and transferred my number over to the Plus.

Now I am finding out that the MagicJack itself can not be transferred to another user. Rolling Eyes

MagicJack states they are 2 different devices, and you can not transfer months over from the MJ to the Plus. So why can they not be transferred to another owner Question

Is there any way around this. I am not giving the person I sold the MJ to my log in information.

Can I set up another account for the Plus?
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once a MJ device is registered for use by person A with a phone number, it cannot be sold to another person for use with a different phone number unless they are going to use it via a pc with a service such as Google Voice (and an an appropriate software add-on to enable it to be used as such). In fact, once YOU "de-register" your original MJ device (either via transfer of service to another MJ device or by simply failing to renew it) even YOU can not re-register it for your own use on the MJ service, not even for use with the same number that was originally assigned to it.
kedwards
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveHC wrote:

SNIP
In fact, once YOU "de-register" your original MJ device (either via transfer of service to another MJ device or by simply failing to renew it) even YOU can not re-register it for your own use on the MJ service, not even for use with the same number that was originally assigned to it.

I had always understood that to be the case, as well. However, I got this information via chat with "Becky" yesterday:
"If you want to use it in the future, just chat us back so we can guide you."

Keith, whose magicJack Plus expired yesterday, and didn't renew...
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kedwards wrote:
SteveHC wrote:

In fact, once YOU "de-register" your original MJ device (either via transfer of service to another MJ device or by simply failing to renew it) even YOU can not re-register it for your own use on the MJ service, not even for use with the same number that was originally assigned to it.

I had always understood that to be the case, as well. However, I got this information via chat with "Becky" yesterday:
"If you want to use it in the future, just chat us back so we can guide you."

Keith, whose magicJack Plus expired yesterday, and didn't renew...

- THAT would certainly be a very interesting development - IF it were actually true. Unfortunately, you can seldom trust such statements from the MJ "live help chat" folks to mean what you'd think they mean - or that they even know what they're talking about. Don't count on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: