magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"GVJack App" Converts MJ Dongles To Google Voice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcgc70
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up for the GVJack App yesterday on a free trial. It was very easy to install and I am trying it on an XP machine and a Windows 7 machine. So far it is working good, I had some beeps, but went to the instructions how to stop them, and it seems to have helped. I have had a Google number for a while and it rings all my phones. Thanks redpepper!
Neil
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has any progress been made on using MagicJack Plus with GVJack App?
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For MJ+ dongles, just follow the download and installation instructions at http://download.pcphonesoft.com .

The GVJack App has 20+ professional features available including incoming call screening and you can download and try it out free for 7 days. Phone calls within the US/Canada are free and you can set up your Google Voice account to ring your cell phone at the same time. You can also use your regular phone to talk on Skype, Facebook and Google+ Hangout voice/video calls. The result is a next generation social media phone service.

If you decide to go with a different solution, please consider selling your MJ+ dongle on Ebay for use with Google Voice. There is a pretty decent demand so you should get a few bucks for it.
chadmd23
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you clarify if you can use a MJ+ plugged into an outlet (not a PC) after you load GVJack?

I can't wait to say goodbye to MJ and their crappy service!!
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GVJack App provides next generation social media phone service and the MJ or MJ+ dongle must be plugged into the USB port of a computer with further clarification.

It includes 20+ professional features including 7 digit local area dialing, caller id name/location, talking caller id and incoming call screening and you can also use your regular phone to talk on Skype, Facebook and Google+ Hangout calls.

You can still answer calls on your mobile phone so you are not out of touch if you power off your computer or there is a glitch on your Internet connection. It is free to download and try for 7 days before you need to make a purchase decision.

If you ever decide to ditch your MJ+ please consider putting it on Ebay as the demand is still pretty high for expired/used ones.
chadmd23
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redpepper: do you think you will be able to get your software to work without a PC in the future on the MJ+? I stopped using a desktop PC once I got my MJ+, and hope I don't need one to use your software.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's probably never going to happen.

For reference, there are lots of MJ+ owners that are plugging in their dongles and using the GVJack App with them these days.

It is definitely not a perfect world but with the extended list of features, full integration with Gmail contacts, the mobile phone simultaneous ring feature and the ability to also use your regular phone for talking on Skype/Facebook, the current solution offered works out pretty well for most.
mcx151
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only way around using gv w/o a computer is obi...

I was dawn to MJ + for the very reason of not leaving my computer on. But since the years don't transfer over as soon as my contract expires and will be decision time to go with obi or upgrade to gv running on my old MJ dongle...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: