magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
GVJack App - Convert Expired/Used magicJacks To Google Voice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: GVJack App - Convert Expired/Used magicJacks To Google Voice Reply with quote

Here are the exact 3 easy steps that will let you use any expired/used/new magicJack dongle with Google Voice and a regular phone:

1. Plug any expired/used/new magicJack dongle phone adapter into the USB port of a computer.

2. Download and install the GVJack App program from http://www.pcphonesoft.com .

3. Sign in using any Gmail e-mail account and password. When you hear your phone ring it is ready for you to start placing FREE phone calls.

Just pick up your phone handset and dial the number you wish to call using your phone keypad and answer your phone when it rings. If you want to revert to use your magicJack in its original form, just close the GVJack App program and unplug your magicJack and plug it back in again.

NOTE: The GVJack App program is a ONE TIME PURCHASE that free to download and try for 7 days so you can ensure it meets your needs and expectations prior to purchase.

Last edited by redpepper on Thu May 03, 2012 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

macrat
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would this work with deactivated MagicJacks flagged as lost/stolen, rediscovered months later??
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty unusual question but the answer is yes it will work just fine.

You can download and try out the full version of the GVJack App for a few days before you buy it for your own peace of mind.
ljsmom
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: How long? Reply with quote

How long is this GVapp good for? Is it for a year like the MJ?
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer to your question is no. It is a one time purchase.
ljsmom
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

It's a one time purchase which means what? It's good for what length of time? Sorry if I'm asking alot of questions, but I'm just trying to figure this out.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: ? Reply with quote

ljsmom wrote:
It's a one time purchase which means what? It's good for what length of time? Sorry if I'm asking alot of questions, but I'm just trying to figure this out.

It means you pay for it ONE TIME.. No yearly update fee...
kieths
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a good application, in concept. Strongly considered getting it. Once for a lifetime payment for the application, but GVoice seems to be saying calls via GVoice are free for the rest of this year 2012. Meaning .... now you've got an AP for calls for...another 3-1/2 months, unless you also pay whatever Google charges for next year (and if it still works then with the GVJack).

The AP is inspired. Will probably try the trial to see how it works, but stand-offish shelling out money towards a service which may soon go the way of GOOG411.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kieths wrote:
...but GVoice seems to be saying calls via GVoice are free for the rest of this year 2012.
Where?

The official Google support page once posted it year to year, but have dropped any year reference for a while now: http://support.google.com/voice/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=115063

The closest I have found is a Google blog post, but even that makes no mention of charging in 2013: http://googlevoiceblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/free-calling-within-us-and-canada.html

People have predicted the end of free GV for a few years now. I personally doubt 2013 is the year either.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Meaning .... now you've got an AP for calls for...another 3-1/2 months, unless you also pay whatever Google charges for next year (and if it still works then with the GVJack).

The truth i8s that nobody knows what will happen with GV down the road. But has been around for a good while and going strong in spite of all rumors. They were supposed to start charging in 2012. Never happened. I stuck with MJ for a while when Obi/Google voice were already available for the same wrong reason. Forget rumors and start enjoying a good, free service.
Gene45
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does MJ plus work the same way, i.e can it be used with the router?

The initial post suggests it reverts if unplugged from USB
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GVJack App links any MJ or MJ+ dongle that is plugged into the USB port of a computer with the free voice+video calling services provided by Google Voice. You can also use the same phone with online chat services including Skype and Facebook. E911 emergency calling service is optionally available.

When your computer is off incoming calls may automatically be routed to voice mail and/or to your mobile phone.

Both the MJ and MJ+ dongles revert to all their original working capabilities for placing and receiving calls via the magicJack network when the GVJack App is not running.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: