magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got MY Magic Jack!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snssewell
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Got MY Magic Jack!!!!! Reply with quote

I got my Magic Jack in the mail, plugged it in and it said new hardware found...installing....ready to use. Uhm....that was it. Ok unplugged MJ restarted Computer....plugged in different USB. Magic jack software started loading. Got error: Can not access internet. Did quick fix and it said everything is fine. Well since I had done research the past 2 days I knew that Norton may cause problems. So I disabled Norton and Poof .... like magic I was able to register. Called my cell phone and left myself a message. Sound quality was great. Called my MJ with the cell phone and left a message on my voicemail. Also worked. Logged into my account to get some international minutes and saw that the website where you enter your CC info is secure. Thought I mention that because I read on here that it was not. If it wasn't in the past it is now Wink. Tried to call my mom in Germany after purchasing $5 worth of minutes but have not been able to place a international call. It says how many minutes I have and then I get 3 tones like a busy signal and thats pretty much it. However I think I read about someone else having the same problem so I will research that. I also have Nero on my PC and it is not causing any problems so far! Norton activated itself after 30 minutes and that did not cause any problems either. MJ still worked! So for now I LOVE MY MJ!!! Laughing I have not had a conversation with anyone yet because nobody is answering their phone, but I am sure I will catch someone by this evening.

UPDATE:
Never mind.....I waited a few and did the quick fix and dialed Germany and it worked!!! MJ ROCKS!!!!! They said the sound was a bit low but no stuttering, static or anything like that! So I will fix the sound right now and I be good to go!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: