magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free Shipping on Flash Drives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ret27m
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Free Shipping on Flash Drives Reply with quote

I just ordered a 2GB flash Drive.

http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/ItemDetail.asp?ItemID=TS2GDOM44H-S

I got free shipping, its a Thanksgiving special, so if you have been thinking about getting a bigger drive now is the time. Very Happy
ret27m

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: WARNING about 2gb flash drive Reply with quote

WARNING.......I got my 2gb Trasncend flash drive today and it appears that the T5710 will not support the 2gb flash drive. The bios recognized it fine and XPe installed properly, BUT right befor the desktop loads I get this

" A PROBLEM IS PREVENTING WINDOWS FROM ACCURATELY CHECKING THE LICENSE FOR THIS COMPUTER ERROR CODE: 0X80070002 "

I called HP support and they said the the T5710 is only licensed for up to a 1gb flash ata drive. HolmanGT had told me that was probably what the problem was and darned if he wasnt correct....I now have a 1gb flash drive on the way.

Can anyone verify if the T5720 will accept a 2gb flash drive? Thanks...Jim
stroths

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: WARNING about 2gb flash drive Reply with quote

ret27m wrote:
WARNING.......I got my 2gb Trasncend flash drive today and it appears that the T5710 will not support the 2gb flash drive. The bios recognized it fine and XPe installed properly, BUT right befor the desktop loads I get this

" A PROBLEM IS PREVENTING WINDOWS FROM ACCURATELY CHECKING THE LICENSE FOR THIS COMPUTER ERROR CODE: 0X80070002 "

I called HP support and they said the the T5710 is only licensed for up to a 1gb flash ata drive. HolmanGT had told me that was probably what the problem was and darned if he wasnt correct....I now have a 1gb flash drive on the way.

Can anyone verify if the T5720 will accept a 2gb flash drive? Thanks...Jim

That's an issue with the XPe image HP made and not the hardware. I won't post it here, but there is an app called AntiWPA that will disable the license check. Its usually used for illegal copies of XP, but can be used to fix issues like this. I have personally done it as I put it on a 2gb and got the same error.

Another option with the 2gb is to install a nlited version of XP and install the EWF driver and do some other tweaks. This is actually a better way to go IMO as it removes the limitations imposed by XPe. If you go that route, here's a link to get you started - http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=833&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=80#p32293
ret27m

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: CORRECTION the 2gb flash DOES work with the T5710 Reply with quote

CORRECTION the 2gb flash DOES work with the T5710. Thanks to stroths and his good advice I am running my new 2gb flash with no problems...hmm now I wonder if I can get away with an 8gb flash drive. This T5710 with the 2gb Flash and 1gb ram is running quite fast and it streams video REALLY well and surfing the net is a breeze......these Thin Clients are amazing......thanks to HolmanGT and stroths Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: