magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fix for strange busy dial tone when dialing out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curiousgeorge
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: fix for strange busy dial tone when dialing out Reply with quote

ok I noticed after playing around with my MJ that if you dial some numbers for example 1-800-**** or 1-888-**** or any other number you get a busy signal then it hangs up.

the fix that works for me is very simple you have to leave out the 1 in front of the 1-800, so type in 800-**** or 888-****

also on regular numbers even if they are in your area code type in the area code and the number for example 626-****(do not type in 1-626****)

my point is if you get the notorious busy signal try inputing the numbers in a non-traditional way, some work just fine and others need to be messed with you may have to put the 1 in your area code and it will work, not sure only have tried this with my MJ and it worked, any one else try this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: